Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6

Thread: MBB G27 Louisiana at Texas State

Default Re: MBB G27 Louisiana at Texas State

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    I would agree he's been playing better lately because he's not trying to do as much as he was before and has been making some better decisions and good passes. I know his heart is good and I know he wants to win which is why I don't want to make it look like we are bashing him all the time but some here have tried to make him out to be something he's not.
    Here is something Justin posted on Facebook today. I thought about not sharing it here but then realized Facebook is a public forum so he obviously OK with sharing his view about what happened Saturday and his faith.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thankful for another day. I'm currently focusing on trying to be a witness more to people about my Lord so here's a verse I read today and it really spoke to me.

Proverbs 12 verse 21

No disaster overcomes the righteous, but the wicked are full of misery.

The reason why this verse really hit me hard was definitely because of my performance from Saturday's Game. I made some pretty costly errors for our team at the most crucial time in the game. Turning the ball over and missing the game winning shot to win the game. I was devastated, and haven't felt so bad after a loss in a while. Thankfully, my teammates put their arms around me and I got thru it. That's what Gods people do. We take our adversity and our low points and we overcome them by giving those moments to God. You cannot dwell on bad times because they do not last long, especially if you give it to God.

Y'all have a blessed day.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Here is something Justin posted on Facebook today. I thought about not sharing it here but then realized Facebook is a public forum so he obviously OK with sharing his view about what happened Saturday and his faith.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thankful for another day. I'm currently focusing on trying to be a witness more to people about my Lord so here's a verse I read today and it really spoke to me.

Proverbs 12 verse 21

No disaster overcomes the righteous, but the wicked are full of misery.

The reason why this verse really hit me hard was definitely because of my performance from Saturday's Game. I made some pretty costly errors for our team at the most crucial time in the game. Turning the ball over and missing the game winning shot to win the game. I was devastated, and haven't felt so bad after a loss in a while. Thankfully, my teammates put their arms around me and I got thru it. That's what Gods people do. We take our adversity and our low points and we overcome them by giving those moments to God. You cannot dwell on bad times because they do not last long, especially if you give it to God.

Y'all have a blessed day.
    He's right but he also made some nice plays in the first half. You guys know I've been as critical of his being mistake prone but there is nothing we can do to change the fact that we are in it together and we have to be encouraging of the players. I do like Justin's fight and willingness to take it on the chin and I'm sure he's going to grow from this game. I wish him luck.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    He's right but he also made some nice plays in the first half. You guys know I've been as critical of his being mistake prone but there is nothing we can do to change the fact that we are in it together and we have to be encouraging of the players. I do like Justin's fight and willingness to take it on the chin and I'm sure he's going to grow from this game. I wish him luck.
    What I was happy to hear was that his teammates tried to cheer him up when he was down on himself. That may bode well going forward.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6

Thread Information