Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: MBB G27 Louisiana at Texas State

Default Re: MBB G27 Preview:Louisiana at Texas State

Louisiana, SWEPT today Women's Basketball, Softball, Baseball, and Men's Basketball. Dawg.

Final stats

Attached Images Attached Images  

Better look

Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun View Post
    Louisiana, SWEPT today Women's Basketball, Softball, Baseball, and Men's Basketball. Dawg.
    Softball won this morning but yes ____ty day

What a craptastic day.

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    An airball at the buzzer?
    Wished Marcus would have attacked the rim rather than passing out for a three there. At that, Justin may have rushed it. This was a game in wish they dug themselves too big a hole in the first half by simply not being able to buy a basket. Pretty depressing day for all our teams today.

Anyone catch the head and shoulders commercial on espn+ after the game? Wow. Why do we have to have that stuff shoved down our throats.

Although this was a loss, I actually liked what I saw, particularly in the second half. Russell was a man today and he attacked the basket. If he can do that moving forward, he will provide us with a much needed offensive spark. The only criticism I could have of Marlin was why bring in Miller at the end when the lineup with Davis up to that point had done so well and gotten them back into the game. Miller did exactly what I've criticized him for which was forcing the issue and turning the ball over although he had a nice game to that point. Other than that, the boys showed some heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfanatico View Post
    What a craptastic day.
    I honestly can’t think of any day in my lifetime where our teams collectively stunk it up this bad.

It’s almost ULM like. I’m going take a shower after that thought.

11. UL 1984, 1999 . . . . Re: MBB G27 Preview:Louisiana at Texas State

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    I honestly can't think of any day in my lifetime where our teams collectively stunk it up this bad.

It's ALMOST ULM like. I'm going take a shower after that thought.
    Careful there, that's bordering on ULMOST name infringement.

First half was the same type of play that they had in their big losses, they stopped moving around and forced shots. Great to see them fight back and to see Russel hit some shots. Gant came back like a monster in the 2nd half. I'd rather see a team like this hit the tournament than one on a 20 game win streak. If they win out the rest of the season playing the right way, I think they could do some damage conference tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripple Threat View Post
    First half was the same type of play that they had in their big losses, they stopped moving around and forced shots. Great to see them fight back and to see Russel hit some shots. Gant came back like a monster in the 2nd half. I'd rather see a team like this hit the tournament than one on a 20 game win streak. If they win out the rest of the season playing the right way, I think they could do some damage conference tournament.
    If they don't win out something is wrong its against some of the worst teams in the country

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Although this was a loss, I actually liked what I saw, particularly in the second half. Russell was a man today and he attacked the basket. If he can do that moving forward, he will provide us with a much needed offensive spark. The only criticism I could have of Marlin was why bring in Miller at the end when the lineup with Davis up to that point had done so well and gotten them back into the game. Miller did exactly what I've criticized him for which was forcing the issue and turning the ball over although he had a nice game to that point. Other than that, the boys showed some heart.
    Good points in that post. Justin struggling yesterday is one reason I wish Marcus would have attacked the basket late. The way Russell played is very encouraging. Having success taking ball to rim is one reason he had a few threes drop later. Still, we can’t have only he making perimeter shots.

Default Re: MBB G27 Louisiana at Texas State

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Good points in that post. Justin struggling yesterday is one reason I wish Marcus would have attacked the basket late. The way Russell played is very encouraging. Having success taking ball to rim is one reason he had a few threes drop later. Still, we can’t have only he making perimeter shots.
    In this situation if you are Marlin you HAVE to stress to Justin not to put the ball on the floor. I would have rathered them run a high pick and roll or pick and pop with Justin or preferably Gant. That type of play is where Justin has had many of his turnovers this year. Quit putting the ball on the floor!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information