Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst . 6 7 8 9

Thread: MBB Final: LA 76, UTA. 64

Default Re: MBB Final: LA 76, UTA. 64

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Zephyr, we may not agree on what we need to to to fix the problem, but your assessment and actions are exactly the same as mine.
    No need to worry about season tickets as you can watch any game you like on ESPN + or attend any game you like as there are plenty of good seats. Even a special season like last year did not change that. Don't think that changes in today's world even if we had two or three of those in a row. If we got to the American Conference it may change.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Zephyr, we may not agree on what we need to to to fix the problem, but your assessment and actions are exactly the same as mine.
    I would suspect we agree on the solution, I guess. Are you saying that you would advocate for a coaching change? I'm not saying that's what is needed this exact moment but would I be somewhat energized about this program if we did make a change with seemingly the right person? Yes I would.

I also agree with Mike that it is nearly impossible to occur in the next couple of years though. I, at the least, want the administration the have serious discussions with coach Marlin about what level of success we are expecting and a timeframe to meet those expectations although I also agree that is VERY unlikely to occur which is what frustrates me the most. Unfortunately, it seems that we are married to coach Marlin no matter how well or poorly we do for quite some time.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    No need to worry about season tickets as you can watch any game you like on ESPN + or attend any game you like as there are plenty of good seats. Even a special season like last year did not change that. Don't think that changes in today's world even if we had two or three of those in a row. If we got to the American Conference it may change.
    That is correct. The production is so much better for these games over when we were on ESPN 3 and it affords me the convenience of watching from home. Do I like to attend some games through the year? Absolutely. But if they want me to shell out the type of money for season tickets that I have in the past, things need to change.

4. Default Re: MBB Final: LA 76, UTA. 64

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    I would suspect we agree on the solution, I guess. Are you saying that you would advocate for a coaching change? I'm not saying that's what is needed this exact moment but would I be somewhat energized about this program if we did make a change with seemingly the right person? Yes I would.

I also agree with Mike that it is nearly impossible to occur in the next couple of years though. I, at the least, want the administration the have serious discussions with coach Marlin about what level of success we are expecting and a timeframe to meet those expectations although I also agree that is VERY unlikely to occur which is what frustrates me the most. Unfortunately, it seems that we are married to coach Marlin no matter how well or poorly we do for quite some time.
    I’m thinking 9 years is way beyond the sample needed to know Marlin’s top, and typical production at our level, with the assets we give him.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    I'm thinking 9 years is way beyond the sample needed to know Marlin's top, and typical production at our level, with the assets we give him.
    It is but the problem is that our administration and many of our fans are content with what has been accomplished. The main issue is that there are two trains of thought. There are those that believe due to the college landscape and our conference affiliation, what we've accomplished is suitable for our situation. Others believe that we should be continuously striving for better and demand better. As long as we have two totally different narratives surrounding this program, we won't really improve our situation beyond what it is.

.@bobbymarlin, “our goal is to finish in the top 4.”

What great aspirations for the standard of the sunbelt

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    .@bobbymarlin, “our goal is to finish in the top 4.”

What great aspirations for the standard of the sunbelt
    My expectations are top 4 and more postseason tournament appearances.

The problem is that it's the second part that's usually not reached.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst . 6 7 8 9

Thread Information