Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Former UL QB Brooks Haack Now A High School Football Coach

Default Re: Former UL QB Brooks Haack Now A High School Football Coach

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Yup. Except Sarah played baseball, which is pretty cool. Hunter Kasules (spelling?) went to Lamar High School, which is almost between GRHS and Travis.

Meanwhile, Brianna Franklin and her brother, both from George Ranch, are at UL on volleyball and football scholarships, respectively.

My oldest (currently at GRHS) has no desire for post-high school volleyball, but my 11 year old still has dreams of joining the Ragin Cajun Softball team. . She refuses to run track!
    Get her in a UL softball camp immediately!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    Get her in a UL softball camp immediately!
    She went to the one this past summer, and attended the hitting clinic Geri Ann put on in Katy back in November. Broke my heart to tell her about the vehicle wreck.

Quote Originally Posted by wscoog View Post
    Unbelievably fast growing area for the last 30 years. In the 80s there were 3 or 4 high schools in the fort bend isd. Now it is like 18 or something ridiculous. most high schools have 3 to 4 thousand students. Basically a suburban Houston high school team would be an all star team in some cities. While it probably reduces opportunities for the kids it probably promotes a higher level football than many areas. Fort Bend isd is absolutely loaded with studs. First round pick DJ Hayden was just another kid in this district. Talented kids can fly under the radar in these schools.
    Not quite that big, FBISD and LCISD both didn’t go super big like some Dallas area school districts. I know FBISD doesn’t have a high school over 3,000 students and George Ranch is about 2,800.

If FBISD had gone really big, they would be dominant athletically.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    Not quite that big, FBISD and LCISD both didn’t go super big like some Dallas area school districts. I know FBISD doesn’t have a high school over 3,000 students and George Ranch is about 2,800.

If FBISD had gone really big, they would be dominant athletically.
    FBISD and LCISD continue to build new schools. I now Lamar has a new high school in the works.

Katy ISD schools are getting huge in enrollment these days. Over 3,000 at Cinco Ranch, Seven Lakes, and Morton Ranch all have well over 3,000 each, with Taylor and Thompkins very close to, maybe even right at that number now.

Default Re: Former UL QB Brooks Haack Now A High School Football Coach

Yup, FBISD has purposely kept their capacities to around 2500 students. We just approved a new high school to be built, most likely to alleviate Ridge Point overcrowding.

I expect another to be approved to help the other end of FB county as Austin and Travis are growing extremely quickly as well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information