Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: MBB G23 Final: Louisiana 86, Georgia Southern 103

UL Basketball Re: MBB G23 GameON: Louisiana vs. Georgia Southern

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    We could have 7 footers on the perimeter but it wouldn't matter. There is nobody closing out on shooters and if they do, they are late on it. Shooters right now are getting open shots regardless of height of defenders. Height on the interior, however, is killing us. We are either bottom or right near bottom in Offensive Rebounds given up. Last night there were 3-4 instances where their man got an offensive rebound in the middle of 4 of our players. That is just something that you can not allow to happen.
    Long and Washington spoiled us. Rebounding is maybe 50-50 size and attitude. It would be nice if we were taller inside, but we have enough size to be an effective rebounding team. We totally lack the proper attitude.

Default Re: MBB G23 GameON: Louisiana vs. Georgia Southern

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Long and Washington spoiled us. Rebounding is maybe 50-50 size and attitude. It would be nice if we were taller inside, but we have enough size to be an effective rebounding team. We totally lack the proper attitude.
    absolutely correct. too much stand , watch, and jump for rebound, then surprised when the other team gets it. we need to locate a man, put body into him, then jump for rebound. its a attitude combined with fundamentals.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunStrong View Post
    Last sentence is the key. Second that kid is tough, but extremely small. PG that have done well over the past.

Blaine Harmon - 6'3"
    Orien Greene - 6'5"
    Elfrid Peyton - 6'3"

Trajan Wesley 5'7"

I just dont know how much we will get from him in the future.
    I get it but PG is one position that size doesn't worry me as much. For all of those guys you've mentioned, there are plenty of instances I can point to college and pro point guards that are smaller than them. We aren't seeing any teams take our PG down low and post him up. I just want him to guard the ball well and run the offense.

Yes but it helps to be bigger than Miller and Davis. You are correct though. We actually lead or are near the lead in the conference in offensive rebounding. I criticize Miller here from time to time but that is one area he tends to excel in. He hits the boards on the offensive end. Problem is that they are not as good defensively rebounding. We are at the bottom of the league in defensive rebounding percentage. Too many second chance points.

We miss so many shots on offense, we have multitudes of chances for rebound. Opposite happens on defensive side.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    I get it but PG is one position that size doesn't worry me as much. For all of those guys you've mentioned, there are plenty of instances I can point to college and pro point guards that are smaller than them. We aren't seeing any teams take our PG down low and post him up. I just want him to guard the ball well and run the offense.
    I heard a great quote in reference to Mugsy Bouges one time, “The only height that matters for a point guard is the 3 inches above the eyes”. I like Wesley and think a scrappy little guy running the point can be a asset. I agree that it can be a liability on the defensive end so we need someone with a little more height who is a good on ball defender in the backcourt as well. I’ve heard Mylilk Wilson can play some D, I guess time will tell.

Wesley is listed at 5’9 on website....Erick Neal from UTA was listed at 5’10 and he dominated...if you can play, height doesn’t matter in this league

Hell, it took me awhile to find the best part of game...the snowflake meltdown during the Chicken Salad Chick contest. That was pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Hell, it took me awhile to find the best part of game...the snowflake meltdown during the Chicken Salad Chick contest. That was pathetic.
    Please enlighten us

10. Default Re: MBB G23 GameON: Louisiana vs. Georgia Southern

So far this year, we have pretty much returned to the Marlin norm. Our record vs teams with RPI 1-100 is 1-5, against RPI 101-200 it is 1-3, and vs 201+ we are 9-1.

Our best win is GaSo [RPI 65] on the road.
    Our worst loss is App St [RPI 275] also on the road.

Our best home win is Prairie View [RPI 199].
    Worst home loss is LTU [RPi 116]

Mean RPI of Wins: 246
    Mean RPI of Losses: 102.2

Mean RPI of Home Games: 210.375
    Mean RPI of Away Games: 179.615

Only D 1 games are included.
    Analysis 101

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    Please enlighten us
    Contest was name holidays.

So he gets stuck, and of course the crowd started "helping". Then he blurts out something like "y'all stop, this is my contest"! I was cryin' I was laughing so hard. He got 5.

PJ Hardy let me down, only got 4. That would have been epic.

By far the most entertaining part of the night for me.

Default Re: MBB G23 Final: Louisiana 86, Georgia Southern 103

Glasco now has more wins in February than Marlin and Broadhead combined

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Ouch

14. Default Re: MBB G23 Final: Louisiana 86, Georgia Southern 103

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Remember, Marlin not worried about February.

15. Default Re: MBB G23 Final: Louisiana 86, Georgia Southern 103

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Remember, Marlin not worried about February.
    Credit where credit is due. That was funny.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread Information