Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Loss at App State, 104-77

1. UL Basketball Loss at App State, 104-77

Tyrell Johnson came off the bench to score 20 points to lead five players in double figures and Appalachian State scored the game's first 17 points to defeat the Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns, 104-77, in a Sun Belt Conference game on Thursday at the Holmes Center.

The rest of the story

LOUISIANA AC

Default Re: Loss at App State, 104-77

Must have been their World Series.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Must have been their World Series.
    Yep, all 75 people in the stands were celebrating through the streets of Boone after.

Seems like the headline gave up just like our basketball team

"Every time we play a conference game or any game, these teams come in and know that we are the standard. We have won more games than any team in the league over the last five years. We have the nicest gym. And we are the defending champions. And we are going to get everybody's best shot. And we got theirs tonight. I've seen their games, and it was the best game they've played tonight."

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    "Every time we play a conference game or any game, these teams come in and know that we are the standard. We have won more games than any team in the league over the last five years. We have the nicest gym. And we are the defending champions. And we are going to get everybody's best shot. And we got theirs tonight. I've seen their games, and it was the best game they've played tonight."
    Hurry up and get it out of your system before Willis comes back.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Hurry up and get it out of your system before Willis comes back.
    There’s really not much more to say than the fact that this team is a ruse to what they love to otherwise preach. We saw it last night.

8. Default Re: Loss at App State, 104-77

Few comments:

I told ULvictory 2 hours before the game that we would get beaten. App St doesn't have the record, but they've played a real OOC schedule and are much better at home. I wasn't surprised that we lost, I was surprised at the margin. I was also surprised at how well they eliminated Gant from the game.

Team was due for a letdown performance, as they've played over there heads for about 2 weeks. Even someone that hasn't payed close attention this year, like myself, can see the talent deficiencies, match up issues, lack of depth, lack of size and unwillingness to sell out of the defensive end.

Eliminate Marlin's best team and worst team over the course of 9 years, and this is the team we'll consistently get. Again, I don't see what the big surprise is.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Few comments:

I told ULvictory 2 hours before the game that we would get beaten. App St doesn't have the record, but they've played a real OOC schedule and are much better at home. I wasn't surprised that we lost, I was surprised at the margin. I was also surprised at how well they eliminated Gant from the game.

Team was due for a letdown performance, as they've played over there heads for about 2 weeks. Even someone that hasn't payed close attention this year, like myself, can see the talent deficiencies, match up issues, lack of depth, lack of size and unwillingness to sell out of the defensive end.

Eliminate Marlin's best team and worst team over the course of 9 years, and this is the team we'll consistently get. Again, I don't see what the big surprise is.
    We definitely talked about the spread and how close it was. That was a red flag for me.

But this was beyond a letdown. This was a full-on butt whipping that exposed our team's numerous weaknesses. And to make matters worse, it was against the laughingstock of the conference.

This is where the issue of last night with me lies. I don't care how many times we have beaten App State in the past. I don't care what kind of "team issues" are plaguing us. I don't even care if we played on the road. We should NEVER lose to a Sun Belt bottom dweller by 27 points. Ever.

Last night was unacceptable by all accounts. There's no sunshine pumping it.

App is really hard to get to

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    App is really hard to get to
    And it's "hard to win on the road in the Sun Belt"

Here's hoping for a better effort Saturday. Nothing really to say about last night except the obvious.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Few comments:

I'm tired of talking about Marlin. I'm tired of arguing the same people that this is what we are expecting to get so this is what we will get if we average his tenure out. I don't want to state it any more because I don't want to hear the lame ___ excuses every time and get called "negative". People wonder why our excitement for basketball is down? Its not because its dead in the South, its because this is what we know we're going to see more times than not.

i don’t see a termination for Marlin, and hope last night was an anomaly. If not, I’d expect Marlin AND Broadhead to be on short leashes next year.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    i don’t see a termination for Marlin, and hope last night was an anomaly. If not, I’d expect Marlin AND Broadhead to be on short leashes next year.
    None of us do either. That's why people get frustrated with his situation because we know there is nothing that anybody will do to remedy it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information