Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: MBB G20 Final: Louisiana 86, Troy 81

Default Re: MBB G20 Final: Louisiana 86, Troy 81

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    And who on the bench today are you going to replace his production and minutes with?

I’ll hang up get me a keg of Miller and listen.
    Not many guys. It doesn't change the fact that he is a maddening, under the rim player who gets swallowed up at times by more athletic guys. I say he is maddening because he does make some nice plays as well but poor shot selection or turnovers (for which he is second on the team) just derail a lot of our possessions. And we both know you aren't actually going to listen.

2. Default Re: MBB G20 Final: Louisiana 86, Troy 81

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Not many guys. It doesn't change the fact that he is a maddening, under the rim player who gets swallowed up at times by more athletic guys. I say he is maddening because he does make some nice plays as well but poor shot selection or turnovers (for which he is second on the team) just derail a lot of our possessions. And we both know you aren't actually going to listen.
    I hear you clearly. You have no alternate solution. Thanks

3. Default

That has nothing to do with the kind of player Miller is. Miller is maddening, and if you can’t admit that, you’re lying to yourself. Or you just don’t understand what you’re watching.

Miller is the perfect comparison to Marlin. Just good enough to keep him on the floor, but a liability, more times than not, during crunch time. I realize he made some plays down the stretch against Troy, but historically, the opposite has occurred. Zeph isn’t wrong on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    That has nothing to do with the kind of player Miller is. Miller is maddening, and if you can’t admit that, you’re lying to yourself. Or you just don’t understand what you’re watching.

Miller is the perfect comparison to Marlin. Just good enough to keep him on the floor, but a liability, more times than not, during crunch time. I realize he made some plays down the stretch against Troy, but historically, the opposite has occurred. Zeph isn’t wrong on this one.
    He's pulled back on his 3 pt attempts and is driving more getting contact and going to the free throw line. I couldn't be happier with his improvement. He draws attention and makes good passes to our best scorer on the interior. These are improvements he's needed to make and he did. When he made a bad pass, he started slapping himself in the head because of the mistake. I felt bad for him, because he does care and he's trying to improve. My 9 y/o daughter asked me why Miller was guarding Troy's best player, because Varnado was getting past without a problem. Sometimes Gant needs a break.Varnado was eating his lunch too. Miller is an asset IMO.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Tripple Threat View Post
    He's pulled back on his 3 pt attempts and is driving more getting contact and going to the free throw line. I couldn't be happier with his improvement. He draws attention and makes good passes to our best scorer on the interior. These are improvements he's needed to make and he did. When he made a bad pass, he started slapping himself in the head because of the mistake. I felt bad for him, because he does care and he's trying to improve. My 9 y/o daughter asked me why Miller was guarding Troy's best player, because Varnado was getting past without a problem. Sometimes Gant needs a break.Varnado was eating his lunch too. Miller is an asset IMO.
    Miller can be an asset. But he can also be a huge liability. It all depends on the matchup.

And his consistency is spotty, decision making is questionable. I don’t hate the guy, but people that refer to his game as maddening or frustrating have a legitimate point.

Miller can be an asset. But he can also be a huge liability. It all depends on the matchup.

And his consistency is spotty, decision making is questionable. I don’t hate the guy, but people that refer to his game as maddening or frustrating have a legitimate point.
    Miller's size should give him more advantages on the inside which I've noticed he's been playing more of. I think frustrations come when he sometimes tries to do too much and ends up either turning the ball over or committing a foul. But we definitely need more of an inside presence outside of just Gant, and I think Miller is just the guy for that.

7. Default Re: MBB G20 Final: Louisiana 86, Troy 81

People here should be ashamed to trash talk this player. Miller is a very good player who somehow is always in the mix of the game. We’ve got nobody close to him on the bench. Instead of trash talking him we should be giving him a high five.

I’m absolutely certain if everyone did their job as well as Miller we’d have two or three more wins.

It matters none whether there's another player. That's my evaluation of him. Perhaps you could enlighten us to your thoughts versus hanging on everyone else's. I'll sit back and wait.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    People here should be ashamed to trash talk this player. Miller is a very good player who somehow is always in the mix of the game. We’ve got nobody close to him on the bench. Instead of trash talking him we should be giving him a high five.

I’m absolutely certain if everyone did their job as well as Miller we’d have two or three more wins.
    LOL. Oh, so YOU are now about giving out high fives? It's not trash talking the player. It's giving an honest assessment of him. Are we only supposed to do that if its positive but Please if its not quite what he'd like to hear?

10. Default

I’ve not seen a single poster trash Justin Miller

Miller is maddening, and if you can’t admit that, you’re lying to yourself.
    I agree 100%. It’s quite an aggravation.

On one hand, it’s the better alternative when the other options are Bud Light, Coors Light or Ultra. But at the same times, it’s still not very far above water.

There have been a few

He also made key plays down the stretch at UNO, at SLU, against South Al, and against Troy. He seems to play better at crunch time. I agree he has other shortcomings which can frustrate us fans. However at this point we have no one on the team that can effectively take his minutes. He also contributes in other ways. On the radio show last night, PJ Hardy mentioned Justin is the one player who has helped him improve his play by constantly encouraging him. Wish he would focus the entire game like he seems to do the last five minutes.

14. Default Re: MBB G20 Final: Louisiana 86, Troy 81

When y’all trash his play you’re trashing him because this being a basketball player for UL is the only reason y’all know him or give a damn about him. At least that’s why I know about him or personally care about him. There’s around 20K students at UL that mean absolutely zero to me, or as much as other stranger beyond a UL tie.

15. Default

When y’all trash his play you’re trashing him because this being a basketball player for UL is the only reason y’all know him or give a damn about him. At least that’s why I know about him or personally care about him. There’s around 20K students at UL that mean absolutely zero to me, or as much as other stranger beyond a UL tie.
    Mr. Jerry, when I critique his play in an honest fashion, I am not trashing the person. I’m simply verbalizing what I see on the court. I know this is the ‘safe space’ era, but if we can’t speak honestly about the players that suit up for us, what are we even doing?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information