Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5

Thread: MBB G20 Final: Louisiana 86, Troy 81

1. Default Re: MBB G20 Final: Louisiana 86, Troy 81

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Mr. Jerry, when I critique his play in an honest fashion, I am not trashing the person. I'm simply verbalizing what I see on the court. I know this is the 'safe space' era, but if we can't speak honestly about the players that suit up for us, what are we even doing?
    Go ahead and trash him, it's your perogative. I may call you out, it's my perogative. If you don't like that, too faking bad. 😀😀😀

2. UL Basketball Re: MBB G20 Final: Louisiana 86, Troy 81

I'd say it's your , mine, or others opinions. None are sought as scouts. I'm seeing words like cringe. That's pretty negative. The observer doesn't know if he's bailing out others or if it's all on him. Most here making both positive or negative comments aren't as astute as they believe by a long shot.

I rarely critique players play. We asked them to play for us, we told them they were good enough to help. So if they're not all that, it's on the coaches who couldn't do better, or are talent blind.

I might not believe in telling it like it is for those young competitors. I'd rather encourage them to be their best. I hold all my anger, and frustration for the alleged professionals called coaches.

By the way, Miller finds a way in every game to be in the action. That’s way better than a lot more talented players do.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    I'd say it's your , mine, or others opinions. None are sought as scouts. I'm seeing words like cringe. That's pretty negative. The observer doesn't know if he's bailing out others or if it's all on him. Most here making both positive or negative comments aren't as astute as they believe by a long shot.

I rarely critique players play. We asked them to play for us, we told them they were good enough to help. So if they're not all that, it's on the coaches who couldn't do better, or are talent blind.

I might not believe in telling it like it is for those young competitors. I'd rather encourage them to be their best. I hold all my anger, and frustration for the alleged professionals called coaches.

By the way, Miller finds a way in every game to be in the action. That’s way better than a lot more talented players do.
    Well, I think it’s fair game to discuss players, their performances, and our team as a whole. Honestly, negatively, positively, or whatever the case may be. I’m not angry or frustrated or upset. In fact, I’ve paid little attention to basketball this year. First time in my life I can say that.

Yes they play for us. Yes they decided to be Cajuns. But they also decided to be public figures, and with that comes a certain level of understanding that their names will be discussed positively and negatively. I think Justin is a big boy and can probably handle the comments being made here.

4. Default Re: MBB G20 Final: Louisiana 86, Troy 81

Clearly he’s a bigger boy than most here. He’s in the arena competing bloodied and dirty yet standing tall. Y’all do what y’all want, I’ll comment about their effort. Those giving critical opinion are also fair game. Their expert eyes aren’t all that.

Default Re: MBB G20 Final: Louisiana 86, Troy 81

In all comments, there is the matter at hand and the manner in which it is presented.

If you want to critique Justin's play, you certainly have the right to do that.

But expect pushback if you say things like players make you "cringe." That goes beyond what our student-athletes deserve. Especially when they work their asses off as much as Justin does.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post

Oh, so now he's a philosophizer.

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    In all comments, there is the matter at hand and the manner in which it is presented.

If you want to critique Justin's play, you certainly have the right to do that.

But expect pushback if you say things like players make you "cringe." That goes beyond what our student-athletes deserve. Especially when they work their asses off as much as Justin does.
    So, saying that I cringe at times when watching Justin play defense is me trashing him? Is that any different than the comments some were making about Levi Lewis this year or Dion Ray at the beginning of the season or our defensive secondary? Yeah, I didn't think so. If you have an agenda with me that's fine, I'll discuss it with you. You and I will not see eye to eye on a lot of things MBB because you have a certain loyalty to the people there and your job dictates that. I get it. But don't sit there and play the holier than thou card. I've also stated that Miller makes good plays which is why I termed him "maddening" to watch because of that hot and cold style.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Go ahead and trash him, it’s your perogative. I may call you out, it’s my prerogative. If you don’t like that, too faking bad. 😀😀😀
    So why is it your "prerogative" but for me its my "perogative"???

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    He also made key plays down the stretch at UNO, at SLU, against South Al, and against Troy. He seems to play better at crunch time. I agree he has other shortcomings which can frustrate us fans. However at this point we have no one on the team that can effectively take his minutes. He also contributes in other ways. On the radio show last night, PJ Hardy mentioned Justin is the one player who has helped him improve his play by constantly encouraging him. Wish he would focus the entire game like he seems to do the last five minutes.
    I agree Mike. I wonder if maybe Justin has tried to do too much at times and that has gotten him out of control. Now that others are getting involved in the offense he can play more within himself and get the rebounds and down low garbage shots that are so important to winning the game!

10. Default Re: MBB G20 Final: Louisiana 86, Troy 81

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    So why is it your "prerogative" but for me its my "perogative"???
    Fixed it for you.

Fixed it for you.
    You sure about that?

12. Default Re: MBB G20 Final: Louisiana 86, Troy 81

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    You sure about that?
    Pretty Sure.

Pretty Sure.
    maybe in reverse. You started out correct though.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5

Thread Information