Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: MBB G20 Final: Louisiana 86, Troy 81

1. Default Re: MBB G20 Final: Louisiana 86, Troy 81

The Big Fish is coaching. The players are responding.

Default Re: MBB G20 GameUp Louisiana vs. Troy

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    Fans exploded the last 5 minutes of the game.very much enjoyed this win.
    Yep.always more fun when you feel like you helped the win.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    The Big Fish is coaching. The players are responding.
    No doubt about it.proving he deserved a raise.congrats Coach(es)

Default Re: MBB G20 Final: Louisiana 86, Troy 81

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    proving he deserved a raise
    Thanks, I needed that little chuckle this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Thanks, I needed that little chuckle this morning.
    As you know, I am NOT a member of the Bob Marlin fan club. That being said, the last two games have looked much more like actual coaching was taking place on the offensive end of the court, rather than just rolling the ball out and playing street ball.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    As you know, I am NOT a member of the Bob Marlin fan club. That being said, the last two games have looked much more like actual coaching was taking place on the offensive end of the court, rather than just rolling the ball out and playing street ball.
    I completely agree. I'm not saying that he isn't coaching this team up. Its just that every time he does his job we feel that extensions and raises are due.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Ross Cook has commented how often we score out of a time out. And, we've been running plays to free up people. Frequently those plays are being run for players who maybe struggled in the first half.

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    Ross Cook has commented how often we score out of a time out. And, we've been running plays to free up people. Frequently those plays are being run for players who maybe struggled in the first half.
    I noticed that Saturday.good point.

9. UL Basketball Re: MBB G20 Final: Louisiana 86, Troy 81

IMO Marlin is a pretty good game coach. He's never had great defensive games or more correctly teams. His opponents win or lose almost always have somebody have their season or career best.

He's also not been able to get enough high quality talent to be a consistent conference front runner. That’s why he’s never been poached

At this point, we need to get other guys going outside of Gant. Defensively I cringe and its hard watching Miller made bad decisions all the time but the guys are definitely getting some production out of Hardy and Davis and now Russell. I wish Lafayette or Gladney were coming along much quicker to help on the front line but we can't do anything about that now.

gladney seems lost out there when does get in the game. you can clearly see he was confused on what to do when he played thrusday (albeit he was only in 1 minute)

At this point, we need to get other guys going outside of Gant. Defensively I cringe and its hard watching Miller made bad decisions all the time but the guys are definitely getting some production out of Hardy and Davis and now Russell. I wish Lafayette or Gladney were coming along much quicker to help on the front line but we can't do anything about that now.
    Did you cringe when Miller made the basket against South that tied the game just before the under four time out and the basket he made coming out of the time out that gave us the lead for good?

Did you cringe when he hit four clutch free throws down the stretch Saturday?

(He's also second on the club in assists and is the best post passer we have.)

He makes plenty of mistakes. But you act as though he never does anything good. Just pointing some things out.

13. Default Re: MBB G20 Final: Louisiana 86, Troy 81

Miller isn’t a handicap, he’s an asset.

Did you cringe when Miller made the basket against South that tied the game just before the under four time out and the basket he made coming out of the time out that gave us the lead for good?

Did you cringe when he hit four clutch free throws down the stretch Saturday?

(He's also second on the club in assists and is the best post passer we have.)

He makes plenty of mistakes. But you act as though he never does anything good. Just pointing some things out.
    I cringe when he stops moving the ball and takes ill advised shots, turnovers, fouls and can't guard his man on the defensive end.

15. Default Re: MBB G20 Final: Louisiana 86, Troy 81

I cringe when he stops moving the ball and takes ill advised shots, turnovers, fouls and can't guard his man on the defensive end.
    And who on the bench today are you going to replace his production and minutes with?

I’ll hang up get me a keg of Miller and listen.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information