Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst . 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: MBB G17 Final: Louisiana 87, Georgia Southern 85

1. Default Re: MBB G17 Final: Louisiana 87, Georgia Southern 85

Quote Originally Posted by RC8 View Post
    He had 12 yesterday. Sometimes I wonder what people are watching. Seems like Miller has been the scapegoat since he's been here. He's also one of the better offensive rebounders in the league
    Everyone needs to get a cold case of MILLER Lite, chill a little and leave MILLER the fak along. He is not pretty, doesn't play pretty, but always seems to get a pretty stat line. Who on the bench will fill that space and put those stats up? We love you MILLER.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Who else is going to get those boards? He's getting them by default alone. When I see opposing players get offensive rebounds, I see Miller's man who is getting them and they are just outworking him and other players. We are a much worse rebounding team this year, even when we had Marquetti, and I think some of that is having Miller in more and losing a guy like Bryce.
    Getting them by default alone? Come on man. You’re better than that. Yeah he’s maddening at times but so is our PG. the whole team is

Default Re: MBB G17 Final: Louisiana 87, Georgia Southern 85

Quote Originally Posted by RC8 View Post
    Getting them by default alone? Come on man. You’re better than that. Yeah he’s maddening at times but so is our PG. the whole team is
    Lol. Ok

Where is the video of the the "Lebron James" takeoff at the 3 point line from Gast and ULM basketball game?

5. Default Re: MBB G17 Final: Louisiana 87, Georgia Southern 85

Quote Originally Posted by chauncey View Post
    Where is the video of the the "Lebron James" takeoff at the 3 point line from Gast and ULM basketball game?
    I watched that last 5.5 seconds about seven times. It was a brilliantly conceived and executed play. ULMOST left holding their jocks.

Who else is going to get those boards? He's getting them by default alone. When I see opposing players get offensive rebounds, I see Miller's man who is getting them and they are just outworking him and other players. We are a much worse rebounding team this year, even when we had Marquetti, and I think some of that is having Miller in more and losing a guy like Bryce.
    No doubt we miss Bryce on the boards. When we consider who to bring in during spring recruiting, I would not mind a guy who has a passion to get boards even if he is not a great scorer.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Everyone needs to get a cold case of MILLER Lite, chill a little and leave MILLER the fak along. He is not pretty, doesn't play pretty, but always seems to get a pretty stat line. Who on the bench will fill that space and put those stats up? We love you MILLER.
    He’s definitely frustrating to watch but he isn’t a bad player. He just shouldn’t be a center piece for this program.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    He's definitely frustrating to watch but he isn't a bad player. He just shouldn't be a center piece for this program.
    I would love for Justin to be a key guy off the bench. Being forced to start a guy who can barely jump over the Monday Advertiser is one of our limitations.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    I watched that last 5.5 seconds about seven times. It was a brilliantly conceived and executed play. ULMOST left holding their jocks.
    Link?

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    I would love for Justin to be a key guy off the bench. Being forced to start a guy who can barely jump over the Monday Advertiser is one of our limitations.
    Mike, for me his lack of athleticism does hurt us, especially when we are vertically challenged on the front line to begin with. For me, though, its lack of hustle at times on defense and on the boards as well as questionable decisions he makes with shot selection on offense. Last year's team did a great job with ball movement and player movement to get open shots. When Miller would come in the game, it seemed that the ball movement would stop and he'd force way too many shots.

You are right though, we need an athlete or two who are energy guys who will play hard defense, defend the rim and rebound. They don't necessarily need to be able to score although that would be nice.

Mike, for me his lack of athleticism does hurt us, especially when we are vertically challenged on the front line to begin with. For me, though, its lack of hustle at times on defense and on the boards as well as questionable decisions he makes with shot selection on offense. Last year's team did a great job with ball movement and player movement to get open shots. When Miller would come in the game, it seemed that the ball movement would stop and he'd force way too many shots.

You are right though, we need an athlete or two who are energy guys who will play hard defense, defend the rim and rebound. They don't necessarily need to be able to score although that would be nice.
    Justin has done a better job of passing the ball out from inside in the last couple of games. That needs to continue for further success to occur.

Ragin4U's Avatar Ragin4U is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Default Re: MBB G17: Georgia Southern

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    If y’all are talking about when he got up off the floor. That’s a travel by rule according to Jay and Cook. Can’t do that.
    I haven't gone back to watch it but I thought his foot maintained contact with the floor after he had control of the ball. If he did, that becomes his pivot foot and if he doesn't move it, its not a travel. I'm ok with the call though!

Ragin4U's Avatar Ragin4U is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Justin has done a better job of passing the ball out from inside in the last couple of games. That needs to continue for further success to occur.
    He got 5 assists at GASOU and 4 at GAST. I'll take that from a big guy. The Hi-Lo that he runs with Gant is a thing of beauty.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    Link?

Five steps and the Flagrant-1 elbow to #3's head.

Those refs should never be allowed into a gym again.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin4U View Post

Five steps and the Flagrant-1 elbow to #3's head.

Those refs should never be allowed into a gym again.
    Officiating in this league is a 5 alarm dumpster fire

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst . 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread Information