Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: MBB G17 Final: Louisiana 87, Georgia Southern 85

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    Has Lafayette did anything this year? I don't remember him contributing squat.
    He has actually looked pretty good the little bit he has played. 13 points, 7 rebounds, 3 of 4 from beyond the arc and a couple of assists. The problem is that was against the Virgin Islands and Prarie View in garbage time. I’d still like to see him get a shot like Gladney did today.

2. Default Re: MBB G17 Final: Louisiana 87, Georgia Southern 85

Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
    He has actually looked pretty good the little bit he has played. 13 points, 7 rebounds, 3 of 4 from beyond the arc and a couple of assists. The problem is that was against the Virgin Islands and Prarie View in garbage time. I’d still like to see him get a shot like Gladney did today.
    The Eagles had a 7’1” guy they put into the game just for one play before the half. Guess if you’re 6’10”ya qualify because they’re not able to coach you taller.

3. Default Re: MBB G17: Georgia Southern

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Oh well, it looks like the only intangible left for any success for this team and this season is COACHING. C'mon coach, get in there and coach up the damn players you have. Here is your chance to EARN your keep.

Today was day one of Marlin earning his keep. Almost let this one slip, but close on counts in hand grenades and Carencro.
    and dancing "In March".3 wins and inlets go on with the showI have made 2 games this year and really think there is potentialbut yes time to make it happen!

4. Default Re: MBB G17: Georgia Southern

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    and dancing "In March".3 wins and inlets go on with the showI have made 2 games this year and really think there is potentialbut yes time to make it happen!
    We Com'n

Quote Originally Posted by RC8 View Post
    No he doesn’t. He needs to rotate between being Miller and Gant’s breather
    Miller needs to be the spot guy. He is too limited athletically and is a huge liability defensively. He would have to be a 20 or per game scorer to make up for it.

I don’t think Miller can even dunk at 6’5”.

Gladney is a better compliment to Gant. He can help protect the rim. Even if he only had a couple out backs a game, his +/- would be better than Miller.

Quote Originally Posted by epiccajun View Post
    Miller needs to be the spot guy. He is too limited athletically and is a huge liability defensively. He would have to be a 20 or per game scorer to make up for it.

I don’t think Miller can even dunk at 6’5”.

Gladney is a better compliment to Gant. He can help protect the rim. Even if he only had a couple out backs a game, his +/- would be better than Miller.

As much flak as he gets on here and as frustrating as he can be to watch at times, he is our best player after Gant. News flash our whole team is a defensive liability

7. Default Re: MBB G17 Final: Louisiana 87, Georgia Southern 85

As much flak as he gets on here and as frustrating as he can be to watch at times, he is our best player after Gant. News flash our whole team is a defensive liability
    .His weight gain is big hindranceget him on the football training table in the low carb buffet! Again he had really changed his body and performance!

Gant is a top tier defensive player.

When Gladney was in the team ran the court faster and had some stops and rebounds, Miller is not a D1 rebounder or defensive player. His ____ selection is terrible and he turns the ball over at a high rate.

I doubt he has a 20 inch vertical. He is the worst athlete to ever play basketball at UL

When Gladney was in the team ran the court faster and had some stops and rebounds, Miller is not a D1 rebounder or defensive player. His ____ selection is terrible and he turns the ball over at a high rate.

I doubt he has a 20 inch vertical. He is the worst athlete to ever play basketball at UL

😂😂😂

When Gladney scores 22 in one half at phog Allen let me know. Again you are putting the teams shortcomings all on Miller.

😂😂😂

When Gladney scores 22 in one half at phog Allen let me know. Again you are putting the teams shortcomings all on Miller.
    All I know is I saw Miller and Stroman play terrible basketball last night. I have a feeling we should be upgraded next season at both those positions.

All I know is I saw Miller and Stroman play terrible basketball last night. I have a feeling we should be upgraded next season at both those positions.
    Dude Stroman had 10 turnovers and played so out of control at times last night. But then had the two big free throws and the layup at the end to pretty much close the game out. See a pattern here? The only thing consistent about this team is their inconsistency. They play good in spurts and then next thing you know they look completely lost. It’s not just Miller

Justin had 13 rebounds at Georgia State and quite a few yesterday as well. He does have limitations but Gladney is still learning where he should be on both offense and defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Justin had 13 rebounds at Georgia State and quite a few yesterday as well. He does have limitations but Gladney is still learning where he should be on both offense and defense.
    He had 12 yesterday. Sometimes I wonder what people are watching. Seems like Miller has been the scapegoat since he’s been here. He’s also one of the better offensive rebounders in the league

Default Re: MBB G17 Final: Louisiana 87, Georgia Southern 85

Miller is a maddening player. For every great play he can make, he can come back and give you two horrible ones. It doesn't help that he is an under the rim guy who doesn't help a lot on defense and doesn't rebound particularly well at either end. Unfortunately, Gladney is in no position to give us better minutes than Miller does though.

Default Re: MBB G17 Final: Louisiana 87, Georgia Southern 85

He had 12 yesterday. Sometimes I wonder what people are watching. Seems like Miller has been the scapegoat since he’s been here. He’s also one of the better offensive rebounders in the league
    Who else is going to get those boards? He's getting them by default alone. When I see opposing players get offensive rebounds, I see Miller's man who is getting them and they are just outworking him and other players. We are a much worse rebounding team this year, even when we had Marquetti, and I think some of that is having Miller in more and losing a guy like Bryce.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread Information