Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst . 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: MBB G16 Final: Louisiana 76, Georgia State 89

1. Default Re: MBB G16 Final: Louisiana 76, Georgia State 89

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Find a way, adjust, fight, change the game plan, play to their strengths. You aren’t replacing Marquetti so don’t try to get people to do what he doeslet them do what they do.Coach them. Figure it out. I played class B and 5A, both really good programs but we had to do it a lot different at each program. Won district t titles at bothour bench on 5A would have competed for districtclad B we had 3 guys on the bench and 1 couldnt even dribble., find a way
    Oh well, it looks like the only intangible left for any success for this team and this season is COACHING. C'mon coach, get in there and coach up the damn players you have. Here is your chance to EARN your keep.

2. Default Re: MBB G16 Final: Louisiana 76, Georgia State 89

We are losing 3 P5 transfers with all the experience so we will regress from this year by that theory. So on to 2021 where will again have lost 3 seniors with a bunch of experience and will regresswhen does it end?
    Another reason why a college coach gets more leeway than an NBA coach.

3. Default Re: MBB G16 Final: Louisiana 76, Georgia State 89

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    I never expected to win 27 games. But I do expect to compete for the postseason every year which we probably won’t make this season.

We should have the roster for that when we have a coach on year NINE.
    I don't think that is unrealistic.

NINE is irrelevant though.

4. Default Re: MBB G16 Final: Louisiana 76, Georgia State 89

Find a way, adjust, fight, change the game plan, play to their strengths. You aren’t replacing Marquetti so don’t try to get people to do what he doeslet them do what they do.Coach them. Figure it out. I played class B and 5A, both really good programs but we had to do it a lot different at each program. Won district t titles at bothour bench on 5A would have competed for districtclad B we had 3 guys on the bench and 1 couldnt even dribble., find a way
    Continuity.

As soon as players can quit thinking of their new roles, shots will begin to fall.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Oh well, it looks like the only intangible left for any success for this team and this season is COACHING. C'mon coach, get in there and coach up the damn players you have. Here is your chance to EARN your keep.
    If you aren’t as talented you have to play a different brand of basketball. We play as if we have the most talent and we don’t.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Continuity.

As soon as players can quit thinking of their new roles, shots will begin to fall.
    You don’t gain confidence throwing up bricks, have to get them high percentage shots. Play to the players you have strength, we can’t depend on Gant to drop half a hundred every game.

7. Default Re: MBB G16 Final: Louisiana 76, Georgia State 89

If you aren’t as talented you have to play a different brand of basketball. We play as if we have the most talent and we don’t.
    I agree Marlin is extremely consistent. He must think it's the best way for them to learn their roles long-term.

8. Default Re: MBB G16 Final: Louisiana 76, Georgia State 89

You don’t gain confidence throwing up bricks, have to get them high percentage shots. Play to the players you have strength, we can’t depend on Gant to drop half a hundred every game.
    100% agree with this.

9. Default Re: MBB G16 Final: Louisiana 76, Georgia State 89

Yeah, Cook talked about how our guys weren’t making a great effort to be in position to defend the 3 point shots. Our color guy is probably going to get in trouble for making those observations.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Yeah, Cook talked about how our guys weren't making a great effort to be in position to defend the 3 point shots. Our color guy is probably going to get in trouble for making those observations.
    That was one of the most disappointing things about last night as a major part of pre game focus was to limit their clean three point looks. Some credit should go to the Panthers as a few of their threes came from pretty far out.

I think we could pump fake more on the threes and drive for an open mid range shots. Russell did that once last night and scored. ThAt should happen more frequently as that shot may result in a putback. They believe that is a poor shot due to analytics. An 18 foter may be but a 10 footer is not a bad shot and could be effective. This is an area where I disagree with the philosophy. They believe Russell will eventually snap out of it. At this point who knows when “eventually” will be. Could be in April pick up games.

12. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Yeah, Cook talked about how our guys weren’t making a great effort to be in position to defend the 3 point shots. Our color guy is probably going to get in trouble for making those observations.
    Defense and rebounding are 100% effort. Why are we never able to run people off of the line?

Default Re: MBB G16 Final: Louisiana 76, Georgia State 89

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Look, if we go 6-0 from March 12 to March 24, I’m willing to completely forget that we’re now paying Marlin over half a million dollars per year.

At least I’ll forget it for the next season.then we’ll revisit.
    Its going to be tuff Cajunrunner! Teams know about our gym and all of our Johnson's Hot Link post season invite tournaments.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Defense and rebounding are 100% effort. Why are we never able to run people off of the line?
    At one time this was Bobs specialty. When we had an imposing figure in the middle like Shawn Long to protect the rim it made it easier. Gant is good at protecting the rim but when he gets pulled out of the lane nobody is scared of Justin Miller.

Default Re: MBB G16 Final: Louisiana 76, Georgia State 89

Quote Originally Posted by cajunfan96 View Post
    Its going to be tuff Cajunrunner! Teams know about our gym and all of our Johnson's Hot Link post season invite tournaments.
    The Bob Marlin invitational tournament for teams that don't play very well and want to other things good to.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst . 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread Information