Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst . 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: MBB G16 Final: Louisiana 76, Georgia State 89

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    That shouldn't be hard to understand.

When last season ENDED UL had 41 years of experience on the roster.

When this season BEGAN there was 22 years of experience on the roster.
    And next year? Worse soooo let’s get that excuse train ready for 2020

2. Default Re: MBB G16 Final: Louisiana 76, Georgia State 89

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    One was why not to expect a repeat of 27 wins.

Next year part of the "recruit better" demands will have been met.

We are losing 3 P5 transfers with all the experience so we will regress from this year by that theory. So on to 2021 where will again have lost 3 seniors with a bunch of experience and will regresswhen does it end?

Default Re: MBB G16 Final: Louisiana 76, Georgia State 89

Look, if we go 6-0 from March 12 to March 24, I’m willing to completely forget that we’re now paying Marlin over half a million dollars per year.

At least I’ll forget it for the next season.then we’ll revisit.

Quote Originally Posted by wscoog View Post
    The worst part is the lazy defense. Multiple times gsu would dribble it up against a set defense make 1 pass to a guy for a wide open 3. Way too easy for d1 basketball.
    There it is.👍

I never expected to win 27 games. But I do expect to compete for the postseason every year which we probably won’t make this season.

We should have the roster for that when we have a coach on year NINE.

7. Default Re: MBB G16 Final: Louisiana 76, Georgia State 89

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    I already agreed with you Miller doesn’t have the motion he did last year. 9-37.that’s where the game was lost.
    -----Back on the low carb diet----he had changed his body and now he has got to get back to what works~!!!

None of this was said about Marquetti until after he got hurt. Actually when Gant got hurt before Marquetti the same excuses started.even after Gant got hurt, nobody said, including you "don't worry we have Marquetti, he is the one guy we can't afford to lose" you tend to insenuate that you are the only one who watches the team. Just because people aren't satusfied doesn't mean they don't watch or support the team. Marquetti is good but he is not a 1 man wrecking crew like he is being made out to be. If he was that important it would have been said by someoneanyone at least once before he got hurt.
    Once again the problem is the drop off in ability for the players now taking the minutes of Marquetti.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Once again the problem is the drop off in ability for the players now taking the minutes of Marquetti.
    Mike i played my whole life, i understand it. Im well aware of the problem. We never seem to have answers to any problem that arises,If things don't go perfect for this program they can't accomplish their goals. That is the problem.

I am in no way ready to write off 2020 when we will have at least 5 new players on the roster. Not going to predict they will be great or terrible. Just saying we have no idea how that group will come together. Taking a wait and see approach. Half of this season remains for now. For things to improve someone beyond the two seniors will have to step up their game.

Mike i played my whole life, i understand it. Im well aware of the problem. We never seem to have answers to any problem that arises,If things don’t go perfect for this program they can’t accomplish their goals. That is the problem.
    Reason for that is simple. Not enough good players. Need to get more of them.

I am in no way ready to write off 2020 when we will have at least 5 new players on the roster. Not going to predict they will be great or terrible. Just saying we have no idea how that group will come together. Taking a wait and see approach. Half of this season remains for now. For things to improve someone beyond the two seniors will have to step up their game.
    That’s what people have an issue with, if next year is mediocre it will be” we have 5 new players, what do you expect” at some point the head coach needs to own it with a “it’s on me, everything is on me and i didn’t get it done” I think a lot of the detractors would appreciate that more than constantly hearing of all the circumstances why we can’t get it done. 1 magical star aligning season every decade isn’t going to cut it IMO. I hope they can turn it around because i think Marlin is a good guy and cares about his players and makes them better people.

Reason for that is simple. Not enough good players. Need to get more of them.
    And who is in charge of that?

And who is in charge of that?
    We all know the answer to that and he will have to do a better job in that regard going forward to meet expectations. For this season, a savior is not walking through the door anytime soon. Guys on the current squad need to step up their play. How capable are they of doing so at a significant level is a reasonable question to ask. It may be limited.

We all know the answer to that and he will have to do a better job in that regard going forward to meet expectations. For this season, a savior is not walking through the door anytime soon. Guys on the current squad need to step up their play. How capable are they of doing so at a significant level is a reasonable question to ask. It may be limited.
    Find a way, adjust, fight, change the game plan, play to their strengths. You aren’t replacing Marquetti so don’t try to get people to do what he doeslet them do what they do.Coach them. Figure it out. I played class B and 5A, both really good programs but we had to do it a lot different at each program. Won district t titles at bothour bench on 5A would have competed for districtclad B we had 3 guys on the bench and 1 couldnt even dribble., find a way

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst . 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread Information