Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 . LastLast

Thread: MBB G16 Final: Louisiana 76, Georgia State 89

Default Re: MBB G16 Final: Louisiana 76, Georgia State 89

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Yes. And again, I already agreed with you, I’ll just word it differently. He is not as fast as he was last year. Travels a lot down low.

9-37. Go look at stat line on win over Little Rock. Very similar.

We have the same issue with the ladies. Collectively cannot make shots consistently.
    Oh I agree with you. At some point we have to start running off the 3 point line and attacking the rim more.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Oh I agree with you. At some point we have to start running off the 3 point line and attacking the rim more.
    I was amazed Simonds didn’t foul out. The game ebbed and flowed around him. We made runs with him out. Preseason POY, possible NBA prospect. Not saying is reason we lost, but the entire game flowed around him. Had shut down his scoring until last 10 minutes of game, he was bricking it too.

Call it what you want, Malik had a great first step.we don’t have one on the court now besides Marcus.

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    Please provide a link where I said anything about a healthy Elfrid having the Pels safely in the playoffs. I’ve never even posted in that thread.

And no, Marquetti wasn’t the whole team. Blaming shortcomings for one injured player is an excuse to cover for our roster woes due to lack of effective recruiting.
    I apologize I did get you mixed up with C4L, I’ve seen similar posts from you both. I don’t want to use Marquetti as an excuse but I don’t see how you can say that his loss has nothing to do with what we are seeing on the court right now. I’m extremely frustrated with the lack of depth as well, see my earlier post about playing just 7.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
    I apologize I did get you mixed up with C4L, I’ve seen similar posts from you both. I don’t want to use Marquetti as an excuse but I don’t see how you can say that his loss has nothing to do with what we are seeing on the court right now. I’m extremely frustrated with the lack of depth as well, see my earlier post about playing just 7.
    All good! No worries.

I know Marquetti’s presence definitely makes a difference. What annoys me is that we should have enough talent to where it shouldn’t. What also annoys me is when it’s scapegoated for a loss. If we had the talent elsewhere in other positions who were more consistent, Marquetti’s injury wouldn’t be used as such an excuse.

It’s really odd that nobody said anything about Marquetti being the whole team until he got hurt. Not one article, not one post, not one comment from the staff ever “we go as Marquetti goes” “we will go as far as Marquetti takes us” “as long as Marquetti is healthy we will be just fine” none of thatnot a word. Now that he is hurt we lost Lebron James. This isn’t a knock on Marquetti either. The excuses never end. They just keep Coming as they are needed.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    It’s really odd that nobody said anything about Marquetti being the whole team until he got hurt. Not one article, not one post, not one comment from the staff ever “we go as Marquetti goes” “we will go as far as Marquetti takes us” “as long as Marquetti is healthy we will be just fine” none of thatnot a word. Now that he is hurt we lost Lebron James. This isn’t a knock on Marquetti either. The excuses never end. They just keep Coming as they are needed.
    Thank you. That is all I’m saying.

Correct, like Zoom said we have bigger team issues that are holding us back. Shot selection and the inability to make those shots is something we aren't overcoming. Marquetti is an asset without a doubt and was our second best player. Would we have won last night with him? I don't think so because of those larger issues. Let's also give some credit to those guys as well. That's the class of the league this year and they have a lot of guys who can score. I think most of us figured an L in that game. The bigger concern is this weekend and the ULM road game.

People who watch the team frequently realize how valuable Marquetti was. He is one of the most versatile players in the league and was critical for us on both offense and defense. He was performing at an All Conference level and positioning himself to make a few bucks playing the game. The problem is the dropoff behind him. It is dramatic. Evidence of that is when Hardy was trying to guard Simonds as he was driving to the basket. It was a HS mismatch. Now you may say we should have more depth so as this would not be such a big issue. However the fact is we simply do not. This is a recruiting issue and that aspect needs to improve for progress to be made. No way to know if that is occurring until next season.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    I was amazed Simonds didn’t foul out. The game ebbed and flowed around him. We made runs with him out. Preseason POY, possible NBA prospect. Not saying is reason we lost, but the entire game flowed around him. Had shut down his scoring until last 10 minutes of game, he was bricking it too.

Call it what you want, Malik had a great first step.we don’t have one on the court now besides Marcus.
    Simonds controlled the second half but Jeff Thomas was the same thing in the first half. Hit 3 straight 3's at one point.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    People who watch the team frequently realize how valuable Marquetti was. He is one of the most versatile players in the league and was critical for us on both offense and defense. He was performing at an All Conference level and positioning himself to make a few bucks playing the game. The problem is the dropoff behind him. It is dramatic. Evidence of that is when Hardy was trying to guard Simonds as he was driving to the basket. It was a HS mismatch. Now you may say we should have more depth so as this would not be such a big issue. However the fact is we simply do not. This is a recruiting issue and that aspect needs to improve for progress to be made. No way to know if that is occurring until next season.
    So Mike, again this is a recurring issue. Recruiting. When do we as a university have more expectations there?

Simonds controlled the second half but Jeff Thomas was the same thing in the first half. Hit 3 straight 3's at one point.
    Agreed. They simply have a better overall squad than we do.

So Mike, again this is a recurring issue. Recruiting. When do we as a university have more expectations there?
    Now

None of this was said about Marquetti until after he got hurt. Actually when Gant got hurt before Marquetti the same excuses started.even after Gant got hurt, nobody said, including you “don’t worry we have Marquetti, he is the one guy we can’t afford to lose” you tend to insenuate that you are the only one who watches the team. Just because people aren’t satusfied doesn’t mean they don’t watch or support the team. Marquetti is good but he is not a 1 man wrecking crew like he is being made out to be. If he was that important it would have been said by someoneanyone at least once before he got hurt.

Now
    But, we give out extensions? I'm just curious as to when recruiting, or lack of recruiting results are a measuring stick for the coach.

15. Default Re: MBB G16 Final: Louisiana 76, Georgia State 89

Speak for yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Looks like Marquetti is going to be the man this year.
    https://forumeus.com/.-new-big-three

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 . LastLast

Thread Information