Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 . LastLast

Thread: MBB G16 Final: Louisiana 76, Georgia State 89

Default Re: MBB GameON: LA vs GASt

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    I’m sorry Metry but I just can’t agree with this.

Between Stroman, Davis, Miller, Hardy, and Russell; we are dealing with veteran talent. This is what I was saying when I mentioned the fact that we are being oversold on our recruits. This coaching staff hypes our recruiting classes every year, and yet we hear the same song and dance of not having enough depth or enough talent without player X or player Y.

Tonight, we had to have missed at least 5-6 easy buckets in the paint that could’ve blown the game open. Again, it’s the same song and dance every year.
    What do you not agree with? I also think our players are over sold. Only Gant and Marquetti are difference makers. Now we only have one. Miller and Stroman are proven D1 players. The rest are role players with no consistent skill at this level. When you have no reliable outside presence you will lose.

2. Default

I’m sorry Metry but I just can’t agree with this.

Between Stroman, Davis, Miller, Hardy, and Russell; we are dealing with veteran talent. This is what I was saying when I mentioned the fact that we are being oversold on our recruits. This coaching staff hypes our recruiting classes every year, and yet we hear the same song and dance of not having enough depth or enough talent without player X or player Y.

Tonight, we had to have missed at least 5-6 easy buckets in the paint that could’ve blown the game open. Again, it’s the same song and dance every year.
    Metry is only here for distance and irritation.

3. Default Re: MBB GameON: LA vs GASt

Btw.

$$$$$$$$$

UL Basketball Re: MBB GameON: LA vs GASt

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    What do you not agree with? I also think our players are over sold. Only Gant and Marquetti are difference makers. Now we only have one. Miller and Stroman are proven D1 players. The rest are role players with no consistent skill at this level. When you have no reliable outside presence you will lose.
    When you have no reliable outside presence, you had better run a half court offense that gives you really good shots inside, and you better make sure your players are efficient at making those shots.

You also must protect the ball, and play good defense.

If this is truly the case, then we have all been conned.

Quote Originally Posted by Policarp View Post
    Shoot a mediocre 40% from 3and this is a W.
    40% from 3 as a team is solid. We are not that good a shooting team. My problem is that we just continue to go down that rabbit hole no matter how bad we are shooting it instead of getting into transition and creating lanes to the basket. The ASU game was the prime example of this.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    When you have no reliable outside presence, you had better run a half court offense that gives you really good shots inside, and you better make sure your players are efficient at making those shots.

You also must protect the ball, and play good defense.
    I would say our inside guys were very efficient. It not their fault our shooting guards can’t make an open shot. On defense Malik was relied on heavily because of his athleticism. Replacing him with Miller or Davis is a gigantic step down. Not sure what a coach can do other than get better players.

I would say our inside guys were very efficient. It not their fault our shooting guards can’t make an open shot. On defense Malik was relied on heavily because of his athleticism. Replacing him with Miller or Davis is a gigantic step down. Not sure what a coach can do other than get better players.
    And herein lies the issue. It’s year nine, and our recruiting has shortfalls.

Justin Miller was not efficient. He is eaten up, particularly on the defensive side, by more athletic bigs which just about everyone he faces is compared to him. He was horrible in pick and roll defense and his rebounding left something to be desired.

Hardy just needs to stop shooting as much. He needs to try to take the ball into the paint more. He's honestly just not that great of an outside shooter and he is limiting us on offense.

On another note I would have thought their attendance would have been better being we are somewhat of a rival.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Justin Miller was not efficient. He is eaten up, particularly on the defensive side, by more athletic bigs which just about everyone he faces is compared to him. He was horrible in pick and roll defense and his rebounding left something to be desired.

Hardy just needs to stop shooting as much. He needs to try to take the ball into the paint more. He's honestly just not that great of an outside shooter and he is limiting us on offense.

On another note I would have thought their attendance would have been better being we are somewhat of a rival.
    I thought he had 13 rebounds?

I think Miller does his fair share of eating.

Justin Miller: 13 points, 4-8 from field (0-1 from 3), 5-7 FT, 13 boards (5 offensive, 8 defensive), 4 assists, 2 turnovers, 1 steal, 33 minutes, fouled out.

P. J. Hardy: 0 points, 0-3 (all 3 ptr), 1 board, 3 assists, 1 to, 1 steal, 17 minutes fouled out.

I’ll agree Justin doesn’t look like he has the hops he did last year, but his line tonight was solid.

Gant and Miller combined 18-29 from field. Rest of team 9-37.

Numbers don’t lie. Need to fix this quick. Last game, team scoring stats were similar.

13. Default Re: MBB GameON: LA vs GASt

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Justin Miller: 13 points, 4-8 from field (0-1 from 3), 5-7 FT, 13 boards (5 offensive, 8 defensive), 4 assists, 2 turnovers, 1 steal, 33 minutes, fouled out.

P. J. Hardy: 0 points, 0-3 (all 3 ptr), 1 board, 3 assists, 1 to, 1 steal, 17 minutes fouled out.

I’ll agree Justin doesn’t look like he has the hops he did last year, but his line tonight was solid.

Numbers don’t lie. Need to fix this quick. Last game, team scoring stats were similar.
    Looks like a gotcha moment.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post

Miller is the scapegoat for so many here but he can fill a stat line and does so many little things like taking charges and getting the position for that flagrant that they went to the monitor for tonight. That being said the kid just isn’t made to play 30+ minutes a night and his play gets real sloppy when he gets winded.

With Wesley unable to go tonight I can’t believe they were stubborn enough to stick with just a 7 man rotation, especially on the 1st night of a weekend road trip. If Lafayette or Gladney could haven given just a few minutes somewhere in the first half or when Miller picked up his 4th I think it could have gone a long way.

But remember, WE are the standard and who everybody gets up for. LOL

Seriously, it was only a matter of time before the team we all know and love would show up. And no. Marquetti being hurt has NOTHING to do with our terrible performance so far this half.
    Yeah, not having our best defender and the one guy who had been shooting consistently from outside all year wouldn’t have changed that game at all. When in the other thread you mentioned a healthy Elfrid will have the Pels safely in the playoffs, and that’s not contradictory how?

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 . LastLast

Thread Information