Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst . 3 10 11 12 13

Thread: MBB G16 Final: Louisiana 76, Georgia State 89

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Alledgedly Simonds took 4 steps on the game winner.
    He did, and he pushed off while doing it. Best part was the GA State announcers complementing his great Euro step. I guess to them Euro means some weird form of Metric system counting to where 4=2.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
    He did, and he pushed off while doing it. Best part was the GA State announcers complementing his great Euro step. I guess to them Euro means some weird form of Metric system counting to where 4=2.
    Worst announcers ever. Loud, obnoxious and incompetent. Just another reason to hate ga st

Default Re: MBB G16 Final: Louisiana 76, Georgia State 89

Quote Originally Posted by RC8 View Post
    Worst announcers ever. Loud, obnoxious and incompetent. Just another reason to hate ga st
    Have to say GS production is very good 10x better ours that looks like it was filmed on a potato

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Have to say GS production is very good 10x better ours that looks like it was filmed on a potato
    Southern or state?

Southern

Southern
    I have to say GA Southern’s production was very good. One of their guys was surprisingly pretty young too because it came up that he had played against Gant in High School.

Southern
    Agreed. Their announcers were very complimentary of our team and somewhat knowledgeable. A big step up from the dummies on Thursday. The only thing they needed more of were the replays. Definitely lacking in that department

Quote Originally Posted by RC8 View Post
    Agreed. Their announcers were very complimentary of our team and somewhat knowledgeable. A big step up from the dummies on Thursday. The only thing they needed more of were the replays. Definitely lacking in that department
    I hope going forward we have better camera placement and better cameras in all sports

UL Basketball Re: MBB G16 Final: Louisiana 76, Georgia State 89

Last night was probably Bigfish's best coaching job of his career. He finally adapted, if just a little, to the personnel he has. I thought we got some quality minutes at intelligent times from players we normally only see in trash time, if at all. At times it also almost looked like we had a half-court offensive scheme besides the usual clog the lane and dribble around the three point line till the shot clock gets to 5, then jack something up.

This is arguably his best conference road win in 9 years.

Where is the video of the "Lebron Jame's" take off from the 3 point line? I saw it yesterday but can't find it today.

11. Default Re: MBB G16 Final: Louisiana 76, Georgia State 89

Quote Originally Posted by chauncey View Post
    Where is the video of the "Lebron Jame's" take off from the 3 point line? I saw it yesterday but can't find it today.
    Go to the game replay on ESPN men’s basketball. It’s the last five seconds of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    After a travel and pushoff according to coach Richard.
    From SBC site. If this took Karl away from the golf course on Sunday morning, wow.

Statement from Sun Belt Commissioner Karl Benson:
    "When such an egregious error occurs that directly determines the outcome of a game, it cannot be ignored. As a result, these three officials will be suspended for their next scheduled game."

Have to disagree on one point with Karl. So that one play supersedes the value of the rest of the game? If it was a 10 point game does it matter? It just happened to be the last play with all the world to see the ineptness of the crew at that moment. They should be suspended no matter where in the game they blew this call.

Good. Our terrible conference officials need to be held accountable more often.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    From SBC site. If this took Karl away from the golf course on Sunday morning, wow.

Statement from Sun Belt Commissioner Karl Benson:
    "When such an egregious error occurs that directly determines the outcome of a game, it cannot be ignored. As a result, these three officials will be suspended for their next scheduled game."

Have to disagree on one point with Karl. So that one play supersedes the value of the rest of the game? If it was a 10 point game does it matter? It just happened to be the last play with all the world to see the ineptness of the crew at that moment. They should be suspended no matter where in the game they blew this call.
    Unfortunately for ULM, that does not reverse the outcome of the game. I am sure that will just give them more motivation for their next game which just happens to be us next Saturday. This reminds me of when the umps took a HR from us early last baseball season which was a factor in the loss. Their were suspensions then too but we still got saddled with an "L". I don't think we will ever see the day when game outcomes are changed after this type of error but in some cases you could see it being justified.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst . 3 10 11 12 13

Thread Information