Thread: Where to eat

Default Headin' South

Heading south Friday, but it has been a long time since I have been to Lafayette --- 1971 (Divison II basketball regionals). What restaurants you would recommend?

For what it's worth, the Cajuns are my second favorite team, right behind my beloved Bulldogs, and I am thrilled that we have resumed our rivalry. Recently moved south from Omaha and enjoyed rooting for the Cajuns in the CWS in 2000. A "W" would have been nice, but good showing against the hated Gamekrocks. Regards, Buddy.

I would recommend Paul's Pirogue in Carencro or Poor Boy's Riverside Inn between Lafayette and Broussard. Paul's is my favorite by far. Prejeans has good food but is overpriced (so you can listen to the music). Just my opinion.

Originally posted by SwampFox
    I would recommend Paul's Pirogue in Carencro
    YOU DA MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Been eating there since 1995, great place and great food. Don't get there as often as I would like but always recommend it to people who ask "where is a good place to eat in Lafayette?"

Paul's Pirogue sounds like a winner. Looking forward to the visit and appreciate the information.

6. Default

I'll be 'heading east' with my wife to Lafayette from Houston. We plan to do a little tailgating before the game with some friends from Baton Rouge.

Here is to an injury-free and dry game.

Originally posted by EJ
    Here is to an injury-free and dry game.
    EJ, I'll second that.

Originally posted by EJ

Here is to a. dry game.
    Well, in one sense, yes. But it'll be plenty "wet" at our tent before hand. Stop on by and meet the bunch at the oak tree across Bertrand Dr. from Luther's.

Thread Information