Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6

Thread: Slow start insurmountable for Cajuns women

Default Re: Slow start insurmountable for Cajuns women

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Then why not drop the sport and create a low cost alternative to dump scholarships into like women's bowling /golf. Everyone always talks about growing the budget well here is an opportunity to cut fat.
    You'd have to cut scholarships somewhere else. Women's basketball has 15 scholarships (men have 13). Bowling is not a sanctioned sport so no scholarships allowed, and golf is an equivalency sport that only allows 4.5 scholarships per year. Besides if you drop women's basketball you have no chance of ever moving to another conference.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Not so sure he was being facetious. You have to have so many women's sports which take up a certain number of scholarships. You could sub something else for WBB as long as you meet requirements. However that would likely not sit well with other league members. The split schedule is costing us due to need to open Dome for 200 people. If that stays in place, wonder if going back to EKL is a possibility. We would need to put some dollars into the place to improve it but that may be cheaper in long run due to need to open up Dome. Dome would like it as they can't have any events on Saturday other than basketball for first two months of year.
    EKL had recent renovations first for basketball and then for volleyball.

Women basketball using the Cajundome is a Title 9 issue. You must provide equal treatment to both sexes in opportunity and facilities. If the men play in the Cajundome then the women should play there also. This was one of the main reasons that the women went to the Cajundome.

4. Default Re: Slow start insurmountable for Cajuns women

Quote Originally Posted by CRAWFISH61 View Post
    Women basketball using the Cajundome is a Title 9 issue. You must provide equal treatment to both sexes in opportunity and facilities. If the men play in the Cajundome then the women should play there also. This was one of the main reasons that the women went to the Cajundome.
    It's up to the coach. Coach Hall said he had a distinct advantage at EKL.

Now then, an "advantage" can be viewed as BETTER than equal treatment.

___k the sunbelt members they will not kick us out the league for dropping WBB and adding additional women's sports to offset the loss of scholly. we are in the business of maximizing our current revenue.
    Sun Belt bylaws state all members must field women's basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    Well, so much for doing away with it. Sooner or later, WBB will be on Maggard's fore front but I would not expect anytime soon. I hope for Coach's sake he gets it straight before then.

How can Howard and formerly NMSU be in the sunbelt and not have to field WBB in the belt or is that just for full membership?

How can Howard and formerly NMSU be in the sunbelt and not have to field WBB in the belt or is that just for full membership?
    I think NMSU was a football only member.

I'm curious.

How many of you actually go to women's basketball games?
    Used to go. Can't watch us get ripped every game. Do you think that is a product people want to watch?

Quote Originally Posted by TammanyCajun View Post
    I am comprehending just fine. You're content with Sunbelt regular season titles more so than tournament appearances via conference tournament titles, despite what we pay for this staff. Value = Quality (Results)/Cost, thus, the results don't balance out the equation so our value is low. If we played in the Big 10 or ACC, I'd buy your argument. Your name doesn't get called to the big dance by winning the Sunbelt, especially when your OOC schedule includes Loyola-New Orleans, Louisiana College, and Xavier.
    No, not really. If you think I'm CONTENT with just regular season titles you aren't comprehending. However, I can say that if our program's mission is ONLY 3 days in March with no real focus on regular season consistency and winning, I'm not in. I do agree that Marlin has fallen short in both aspects considering his pay and tenure here.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Used to go. Can't watch us get ripped every game. Do you think that is a product people want to watch?
    Cost has to match quality.

Unfortunately, WBB isn't currently delivering that.

12. Default Re: Slow start insurmountable for Cajuns women

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    In the Hall era, I was a regular. Watched about 2 games with Rogers. Until I dropped my basketball season tickets this year, I attended nearly every home game in the Dome with Brodhead, and some in EKL.
    .man I thought both Errol and Brodhead were gonna be great because of recruitingdidn’t realise that Dobbie at Loyola and Nichols was better in recruiting and was a damn good head coachrecords against both show!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6

Thread Information