Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 . LastLast

Thread: Slow start insurmountable for Cajuns women

Default Re: Slow start insurmountable for Cajuns women

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Someone posted the soccer coach made 12K and he got ran, so it's not about the money. Besides, isn't ML's lawsuit about equality? Basketball. Only difference on this board one is vilified, the other is pretty much unscathed. Broadhead doesn't even have a cute little nickname. Other than a pay for play tournament championship with the likes of McNeese in it (and playing at home) where's the success, as defined by some resident experts. Lower bar for ladies? Really? There's your Bustle, at least for a bit. Makes the attacks on Marlin look hollow and personal.

Not saying I'm thrilled with either performances, yet just pointing out the one sidedness, apathy, personal vendetta, red ___ over Marlin's initial hiring, ROI, love the local boy, or whatever the ax is that needs grinding has been beaten into the ground. Both coaches have player heath issues. One from the start, one in season the last two years. One gets drilled daily, the other isn't even on the radar. NO coach plans for the "what if's". Either team gets two ball handlers down, it's a problem. I expect both teams to be back next year and team healthy. That is why I post about the women, not to run Broadhead, but to point out the prejudices.

Women need a chip on their shoulder more than the men next season.

"Toothpick" (horrific record) and "Smedium" (lost control) earned those nicknames. Marlin hasn't embarrassed the university. And apparently Broadhead hasn't. Collectively, this board is better than that.

Glad "News Copy" showed up. 😀

Carry on.
    Villified? Ok

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    It's about demand and ROI WBB does not justify a 6 figure salary
    I won’t put words in your mouth, but read what you posted.

I don’t give two flips to a flop what a UL coach is getting paid, that’s Maggard’s job. I do expect a team to complete on every play/possession/pitch, regardless of sport, gender and opponent. If we lose two quarterbacks, two bigs in basketball, or even the best catcher since Lucroy, it will have an impact, but compete!

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    I won't put words in your mouth, but read what you posted.

I don't give two flips to a flop what a UL coach is getting paid, that's Maggard's job. I do expect a team to complete on every play/possession/pitch, regardless of sport, gender and opponent. If we lose two quarterbacks, two bigs in basketball, or even the best catcher since Lucroy, it will have an impact, but compete!
    I'm talking about paying a WBB coach a large sum is not justifiable but as far competing you took the job regardless of the salary if you have multiple losing seasons in close succession you should not be retained.

It's about demand and ROI WBB does not justify a 6 figure salary
    It is a sport at our university. It is the #1 womens sport nationally. It absolutely justifies that salary, and the demands that go with it.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    It is a sport at our university. It is the #1 womens sport nationally. It absolutely justifies that salary, and the demands that go with it.
    Lets revisit A WBB coach's salary when they have more than 100 season ticket holders.

We have more people attending Volleyball games than WBB ones

Lets revisit A WBB coach's salary when they have more than 100 season ticket holders.

We have more people attending Volleyball games than WBB ones
    We were selling out EKL when Hall was here. I have no doubt that had we not scuttled the program by making the good old boy hire of Errol Rogers, support for WBB would rival softball.

Success on the court breeds success in the pocketbook.

One coach makes 60k a year the other 525k
    Broadhead was making 95K when he was hired and he's gotten a raise since then.

Don't know where you got that 60K number from.

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    Broadhead was making 95K when he was hired and he's gotten a raise since then.

Don't know where you got that 60K number from.
    It's just throw away number to show the extreme difference of salary. regardless 95 k is a ridiculous sum for the product we are receiving

We were selling out EKL when Hall was here. I have no doubt that had we not scuttled the program by making the good old boy hire of Errol Rogers, support for WBB would rival softball.

Success on the court breeds success in the pocketbook.
    I believe you but i just don't see it softball is way cheaper to attend than going to the dome

Tickets beer and popcorn runs me about $20 at Lamson thats easily double at the dome.

It's just throw away number to show the extreme difference of salary. regardless 95 k is a ridiculous sum for the product we are receiving
    ~100k salary for a G5 wbb coach is fair. Now, the result is waaaaaaayyyyyy off. Losing two straight seasons to Dillard is unacceptable by any stretch.

UL Basketball Re: Slow start insurmountable for Cajuns women

I believe you but i just don't see it softball is way cheaper to attend than going to the dome

Tickets beer and popcorn runs me about $20 at Lamson thats easily double at the dome.
    Not arguing cost of attendance. Just saying that had we hired a real college coach when Hall left, our chances of growing the program would have been excellent. The cupboard was far from being bare, and we were coming off of the two best seasons in program history, including an at large NCAA bid.

I have absolute confidence that Maggard would hire a very good college coach to head the WBB program, and that that coach would be very successful, both on the court and (eventually) at the turnstyle.

Not arguing cost of attendance. Just saying that had we hired a real college coach when Hall left, our chances of growing the program would have been excellent. The cupboard was far from being bare, and we were coming off of the two best seasons in program history, including an at large NCAA bid.

I have absolute confidence that Maggard would hire a very good college coach to head the WBB program, and that that coach would be very successful, both on the court and (eventually) at the turnstyle.
    I also think WBB should be moved back to campus exclusively if that means bulldozing EK. Long and building a very nice 1,500 person multi use gym im about it

WBB for all SBC schools will suffer tremendously this year with the ridiculous decision to have women on the road while men are at home and vice versa!!! There are many days where WBB starts either at the same time or 30-60 minutes before or after the men do. Most ppl will choose to go to or watch the men over the women.

If they return to double headers, then ppl may actually show up for games.

OK, so you just throw ____ out there not knowing if any of it is true or notand, I'm sure these folks who believe just about everything said here, appreciates it.

Or not.

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    OK, so you just throw ____ out there not knowing if any of it is true or notand, I'm sure these folks who believe just about everything said here, appreciates it.

Or not.
    Bwhaha your panties are in a wad this morning

One coach is still making 5.5 times the amount of the other the point still stands one coach is making a lot more than the other and Both have failed to live up to their salaries

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 . LastLast

Thread Information