Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 . LastLast

Thread: Bob Marlin

Default Re: Bob Marlin

On tonight's radio show Big Game Bob kept whining about how hard it is to schedule. The University wouldnt Be paying a coach $500k to do a job that wasn't "hard."

If Marlin wants a job that isn't "hard" I'm sure there are some out there for a greatly reduced salary.

Quote Originally Posted by axg8750 View Post
    On tonight's radio show Big Game Bob kept whining about how hard it is to schedule. The University wouldnt Be paying a coach $500k to do a job that wasn't "hard."

If Marlin wants a job that isn't "hard" I'm sure there are some out there for a greatly reduced salary.
    Every one of his peer coaches seems to get the job done just fine.

This program will never grow under Marlin. The best we will do is a 20win season, with a weak schedule, and once in done in the post season.

On tonight’s radio show Big Game Bob kept whining about how hard it is to schedule. The University wouldnt Be paying a coach $500k to do a job that wasn’t “hard.”

If Marlin wants a job that isn’t “hard” I’m sure there are some out there for a greatly reduced salary.
    Interesting take after playing the one decent home game on the schedule and getting drummed by 20 to an Instate rival.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    He wont lose on Ryan Street; but he may very well lose to SLU.
    We had trouble stopping Veal last season and he's back. He's another Spud Webb, he did a two hand throw down last year on us.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Every one of his peer coaches seems to get the job done just fine.
    Who in the SBC is getting good teams at home. I seem to recall Ark. State getting Evansville which is a nice game. Isn't Troy playing Auburn as well. Any others? Hopefully getting the AD more involved can get us games like that. However his involvement this year resulted in buying the Southern and Prairie View games so I am not confident things will get much better. If the alliance goes through, we should get at least one decent out of state mid major at home next year and we will have to play one on the road.

Ragin4U's Avatar Ragin4U is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Who in the SBC is getting good teams at home. I seem to recall Ark. State getting Evansville which is a nice game. Isn't Troy playing Auburn as well. Any others? Hopefully getting the AD more involved can get us games like that. However his involvement this year resulted in buying the Southern and Prairie View games so I am not confident things will get much better. If the alliance goes through, we should get at least one decent out of state mid major at home next year and we will have to play one on the road.
    I think this question has been asked before but I have not seen a whole lot of answers. There may be some isolated incidents but no pattern of great home OOC schedules, at least, I do not think so.
    Another related question(and one that has been asked before), since some seem to feel as if we should be competitive with P5 schools, no "lower" teams(UNO, for example) should be competitive with us, what would be the program you would want UL to emulate?

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    USA got Richmond and Tulane to Mobile. Texas State got Rice. Georgia Southern got Bradley and George Mason. Georgia State got St. Bonaventure.

Ragin4U's Avatar Ragin4U is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

RealtimeRPI--
    Richmond 327
    Tulane 245
    Rice 267
    Bradley 190
    GM 232 In a tourney
    Bonnies 318 In a tourney

Now I'd go to see Richmond and the Bonnies from name recognition alone but Rice?

Still calling for Bobs head!!

Mike, Little Rock got Bradley.

Default Bob Marlin

I’m not a big basketball person but it appears he sucks at coaching.

Really?

Do we not have enough of these threads already?

Shhhhh

Careful. You’ll get lectured on your loyalty to the program.

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    Shhhhh

Careful. You’ll get lectured on your loyalty to the program.
    Pot.meet kettle??

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 . LastLast

Thread Information