Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 . LastLast

Thread: Bob Marlin

Default Re: Bob Marlin

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Absolutely what? The damn officials wouldn't let us guard.
    Officiating was bad but I don't think it cost us the game. At one point in the second half we had 5 fouls and they had 0. At that point in the game Marlin spent much of his time during a timeout to "discuss" things with the officials. A few minutes later we had 7 fouls and they had 10. Just saying.

NoI'm not a Marlin supporter.

Those damn officials never let Bobby Marlin's teams play defense. They're alway out to get us and penalize Bob.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Those damn officials never Bobby Marlin's teams play defense. They're alway out to get us and penalize Bob.
    Throwing out that Yule Tide bait runner?

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Those damn officials never Bobby Marlin’s teams play defense. They’re alway out to get us and penalize Bob.
    I know, right?

We should leave the Sun Belt. What atrociousness it is.

The absolutely comment was in regard to my post saying letting the opponent shoot 57 percent from three had a lot more to do with outcome than the officiating. He was agreeing with me. Everyone at the game would agree with that, even players and coaches.

Quote Originally Posted by mahtoo View Post
    Officiating was bad but I don't think it cost us the game. At one point in the second half we had 5 fouls and they had 0. At that point in the game Marlin spent much of his time during a timeout to "discuss" things with the officials. A few minutes later we had 7 fouls and they had 10. Just saying.

We will forget about all of this when Big Fish delivers us a bid to the semi mid major inside out invitational post season tournament to play teams we never freaking heard of!

NoI'm not a Marlin supporter.

7. Default Re: Bob Marlin

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    The absolutely comment was in regard to my post saying letting the opponent shoot 57 percent from three had a lot more to do with outcome than the officiating. He was agreeing with me. Everyone at the game would agree with that, even players and coaches.
    What does that have to do with the price of tea in china.

You can still challenge open shots which we did not do very well on 3's.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    "we did not do very well" is an understatement when it comes to how well we challenged threes. To be fair to the defensive effort, much of that was due to poor offensive possessions causing us to be out of position on defense often.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    We need to learn to drive the ball and not just shoot from the outside all night.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajuns1252 View Post
    We need to learn to drive the ball and not just shoot from the outside all night.
    At times we drive the ball too much. When challenged we pass it out. Too often that does not result in a good shot. Some have said we don't pass the ball enough to find an open shot. That appeared to be the case last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajuns1252 View Post
    Yep. There's a lot we need to do better. We are much worse on the boards this year and we are getting outrebounded which isn't going to put you in a great spot to be successful.

If Marlin loses Tuesday night he needs to be kiffend

He wont lose on Ryan Street; but he may very well lose to SLU.

None the the fleur de leis teams on the men's side ever beat big time teams!!!Just keep playing the PV-A&M and virgin islands in basketball and a SWAC schedule in football and when it comes time to win a BIG ONE you stink!!!

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 . LastLast

Thread Information