Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 11 . LastLast

Thread: MBB G14 Final Louisiana 83, ASU 94

1. UL Basketball MBB G14 Final Louisiana 83, ASU 94

The Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns men's basketball team begins its quest in defending its Sun Belt Conference regular-season title on Thursday when it opens league play against visiting Arkansas State at the Cajundome.

The rest of the story

LOUISIANA AC

Default Re: MBB G14 Preview: Louisiana vs. Arkansas State

I'll bump this thread to remind those of us who still support the program of the game tonight. Please keep the blabbering on the SLU thread and not spill it over to here.

GEAUX CAJUNS

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    I'll bump this thread to remind those of us who still support the program of the game tonight. Please keep the blabbering on the SLU thread and not spill it over to here.

GEAUX CAJUNS
    No worries. Hopefully, we win tonight and get a nice start in conference play.

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post

GEAUX CAJUNS
    I will be there tonight. Will be interesting how they handle the minutes Marquetti was getting. He would have guarded the Red Wolves top scorer. Not sure who will do that now. Note at the end of the game on Saturday, the players on the floor were Wesley, Stroman, Hardy, Davis, and Gant. That is a small lineup but I bet we see it again often going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    I will be there tonight. Will be interesting how they handle the minutes Marquetti was getting. He would have guarded the Red Wolves top scorer. Not sure who will do that now. Note at the end of the game on Saturday, the players on the floor were Wesley, Stroman, Hardy, Davis, and Gant. That is a small lineup but I bet we see it again often going forward.
    Nice to see Hardy step up his game. We'll need him down the conference stretch along with Hayes.

We will be there. Any idea who starts in Malik's place?

I think the guys who performed best in practice will get the start.

With Jerekius being the primary backup to Miller and Gant, I don't think it will be him.

I won't be surprised if both Hayes and Wesley are in tonight's lineup.

I will be there tonight. Hopefully the rain has passed through our area by then. Might make a difference for some folks.

I'll be there.

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    I think the guys who performed best in practice will get the start.

With Jerekius being the primary backup to Miller and Gant, I don't think it will be him.

I won't be surprised if both Hayes and Wesley are in tonight's lineup.
    I think that is likely to happen as well. Not much shooting out there but you have three guys who can take it to the basket and defense should be OK. Hayes struggled defensively early on but seems to be improving in that regard. Probably just took him awhile to adjust to the speed of D1 and to learn his assignments when things get hectic. Critical he continue to progress there. You then will see whoever is the hottest between Russell and Hardy get most of the minutes at guard off the bench. Davis will continue to play inside but may play a little at the three spot. We are going from 9 players to 8 which is quite a challenge.

Let's meet this challenge and exceed some expectations Cajuns! I'll be cheering along on the other side of the internet.

I would like to see Lafayette thrown in the fire to backup Gant. Then have miller and Davis at the 4. Rotate Stroman and Wesley at point. Cedric, Hayes, and hardy at the 2 and 3 Davis could also go 3 with Miller 4. Unless Gladney is more ready than Lafayette. One of those freshman needs to step in. The other can still RS.

13. UL Basketball Re: MBB G14 Preview: Louisiana vs. Arkansas State

Watching Coastal at Troy. Literally 90% empty in the best seats. 8+ minutes to go first half. Coastal doubling Troy 24/11.

This is why 4th place isn't special. There's only 3-5 teams worth a hoot in the conference any given year

Edit: more like 70% empty

15. Default Re: MBB G14 Preview: Louisiana vs. Arkansas State

Still not getting the plus yet

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 11 . LastLast

Thread Information