Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst . 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: MBB G14 Final Louisiana 83, ASU 94

Default Re: MBB G14 Final Louisiana 83, ASU 94

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    This. This is what kills me. If we concede that Ga State is the top Sun Belt program over the past few years, we’re easily #2. If that’s not good enough for you, fine. Say so. But please don’t pretend like we haven’t had any success.

And while I agree that we have the resources to be the best team in this Conference, we definitely don’t have the resources to be a consistent top mid-major. Not even close. Our fan support isn’t good enough, our financial support isn’t good enough, and our conference isn’t good enough. It takes more than a Coach to have a successful program. We can hire and fire a million coaches, but unless those other things change, we still won’t accomplish what people here expect us to accomplish.
    Awesome. This inspires me.

2. Default Re: MBB G14 Final Louisiana 83, ASU 94

Sometimes you’re just in the right spot regardless of numbers. Guys like Rodman obviously have an internal rebound compass. Others it’s just work and luck of the bounce. Whatever the case we’ve not done an adequate job this season.

Default Re: MBB G14 GameON: Louisiana vs. Arkansas State

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    -----no doubt we did get killed on the boards but some were thanks to the basketball bounce gods, some to height, and some to our fighting each other causing a loose ball to go the other way!!!
    Boomer, we were almost doubled up on the boards. That's not due to the bounce gods buddy.

4. Default Re: MBB G14 GameON: Louisiana vs. Arkansas State

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Boomer, we were almost doubled up on the boards. That's not due to the bounce gods buddy.
    It is the super power bestowed upon the ones in black.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    This. This is what kills me. If we concede that Ga State is the top Sun Belt program over the past few years, we’re easily #2. If that’s not good enough for you, fine. Say so. But please don’t pretend like we haven’t had any success.

And while I agree that we have the resources to be the best team in this Conference, we definitely don’t have the resources to be a consistent top mid-major. Not even close. Our fan support isn’t good enough, our financial support isn’t good enough, and our conference isn’t good enough. It takes more than a Coach to have a successful program. We can hire and fire a million coaches, but unless those other things change, we still won’t accomplish what people here expect us to accomplish.
    Have you ever really looked at the West Coast Conference? Aside from Gonzaga, St. Mary's and relative newcomer BYU, it is a dumpster fire. According to your theory, it should be impossible for Gonzaga to become a power andfor St. Mary's to be a highly respected mid-major.

You and many others on this board need to quit listening to Bob Marlin's excuses, and start demanding that we at least attempt to emulate Gonzaga and St. Mary's, who have succeeded in spite of their conference affilistion.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Have you ever really looked at the West Coast Conference? Aside from Gonzaga, St. Mary's and relative newcomer BYU, it is a dumpster fire. According to your theory, it should be impossible for Gonzaga to become a power andfor St. Mary's to be a highly respected mid-major. Nobody else plays football.

You and many others on this board need to quit listening to Bob Marlin's excuses, and start demanding that we at least attempt to emulate Gonzaga and St. Mary's, who have succeeded in spite of their conference affilistion.
    After winning the league regular season for almost 2 decades, the Zags are getting the big boys to Spokane. Don’t know if 2 for 1s or straight home and home but it’s happening. And the top 3 you identified in the WCC, private faith based universities, as are all their members. BYU plays FBS football, St Mary’s FCS Pioneer League (no scholarships).

Bottom line, it took the Zags a generation to get where they are at.and some in the national media still treat them as a novelty. Happy for them, twenty years in the making.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Bob says we are already there. Evidently, when people beat us, it's like they just won the Superbowl.

8. Default Re: MBB G14 Final Louisiana 83, ASU 94

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard1280 View Post
    Bob says we are already there. Evidently, when people beat us, it's like they just won the Superbowl.
    I'm confused, SUPERBOWL is not traditionally a basketball term.

Oh well, back to the food thread.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    I'm confused, SUPERBOWL is not traditionally a basketball term.
    I didn't know that. Weird.

10. Default Re: MBB G14 Final Louisiana 83, ASU 94

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    After winning the league regular season for almost 2 decades, the Zags are getting the big boys to Spokane. Don’t know if 2 for 1s or straight home and home but it’s happening. And the top 3 you identified in the WCC, private faith based universities, as are all their members.

Bottom line, it took the Zags a generation to get where they are at.and some in the national media still treat them as a novelty.
    Fake news. Zags have had lots of respect for almost two decades. I’m not saying we can get the likes of Duke, etc here with exceptional success, but we can absolutely get better than mostly SWAC, SLC, and Non Div I schools. Of course you’ve got to be a very strong G5 school. We long ago gave that up.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Fake news. Zags have had lots of respect for almost two decades. I’m not saying we can get the likes of Duke, etc here with exceptional success, but we can absolutely get better than mostly SWAC, SLC, and Non Div I schools. Of course you’ve got to be a very strong G5 school. We long ago gave that up.
    Oh hell, I accidentally unblocked the "Gospel according to St. Express".

Was complimenting the Zags for sticking with it in spite of crappy seeding and locations the NCAA gave them for years. It wasn't easy but they stuck to their plan. At what point does their fan base burn out if the brass ring is never reached, that's another topic. I wish them the best.

Go ahead and respond, you cannot help yourself. I got you blocked again.

My life does not hinge on the success of teenagers and early 20's year olds playing sports and disdain towards a coach to the point of attacking every post that I may disagree with. If anything, I'm more concerned about those injured get to class, graduate and move on with their chosen paths.be it basketball or the real world.

God Bless.

Default Re: MBB G14 GameON: Louisiana vs. Arkansas State

Quote Originally Posted by Sonsissymia View Post
    let that sink in.
    I would be elated if we were able to get Dan Majerle as our coach. He would have all our players sinking baskets.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Oh hell, I accidentally unblocked the "Gospel according to St. Express".

Was complimenting the Zags for sticking with it in spite of crappy seeding and locations the NCAA gave them for years. It wasn't easy but they stuck to their plan. At what point does their fan base burn out if the brass ring is never reached, that's another topic. I wish them the best.

Go ahead and respond, you cannot help yourself. I got you blocked again.

My life does not hinge on the success of teenagers and early 20's year olds playing sports and disdain towards a coach to the point of attacking every post that I may disagree with. If anything, I'm more concerned about those injured get to class, graduate and move on with their chosen paths.be it basketball or the real world.

God Bless.
    Gonzaga also has Mark Few as HC. He is one of the top 5 coaches in the game and is the most respected coach by a mile.

14. Default Re: MBB G14 Final Louisiana 83, ASU 94

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Gonzaga also has Mark Few as HC. He is one of the top 5 coaches in the game and is the most respected coach by a mile.
    Well there’s been Fake News that the Zags spent two decades being very good without respect. Now respect is subjective, but I’d say respect is knowing that you actually get an at large or probably would have. For the non elite conferences I’d say a ten seed is a maybe. Anything seeding ninth or better gets an at large.

Since 1995 the Zags have been to twenty-one tournaments. They’ve been ranked tenth or worse seven times. Under my criteria they’re respected enough to get fourteen at larges. Now some may say a ten woulda been an eight for a power conference, or a six a three. I’m very open to those slights but they’ve been respected in general. Respected in a conference VO correctly identifies about like the SBC except for two teams.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gonz.eeding_history

Some say our budget doesn’t allowI say the same thing my wife told me about restrictive budgets January 3rd since our first year. Go make more money, and I did because she was right. Bobby Big Fish needs to be far more involved in fundraising, and of course his record vs top two hundred teams still isn’t a thing of beauty regardless of his alleged lack of facilities, and funds.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Well there’s been Fake News that the Zags spent two decades being very good without respect. Now respect is subjective, but I’d say respect is knowing that you actually get an at large or probably would have. For the non elite conferences I’d say a ten seed is a maybe. Anything seeding ninth or better gets an at large.

Since 1995 the Zags have been to twenty-one tournaments. They’ve been ranked tenth or worse seven times. Under my criteria they’re respected enough to get fourteen at larges. Now some may say a ten woulda been an eight for a power conference, or a six a three. I’m very open to those slights but they’ve been respected in general. Respected in a conference VO correctly identifies about like the SBC except for two teams.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gonz.eeding_history

Some say our budget doesn’t allowI say the same thing my wife told me about restrictive budgets January 3rd since our first year. Go make more money, and I did because she was right. Bobby Big Fish needs to be far more involved in fundraising, and of course his record vs top two hundred teams still isn’t a thing of beauty regardless of his alleged lack of facilities, and funds.
    I don’t anticipate Bobby Big Fish lasting more than 2 years. We are doing the exact same thing in basketball that we did with Ricky Bustle.

We needed a guy to come in and stabilize the program and build a base for the next coach. I would agree that Marlin has done that, but has been given too much time and there is no clear indication that he is any more than what he’s shown over 9 years. Mediocre coach, who can’t recruit enough top tier talent to win on the big stage.

If you’re not improving each year you become stagnant.

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst . 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread Information