Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 . LastLast

Thread: MBB G14 Final Louisiana 83, ASU 94

Quote Originally Posted by TammanyCajun View Post
    If this is true and he really said it in those words, that's embarrassing.
    I don’t know which is worse. What he said tonight or what he said after the loss to Toledo down in Florida when he claimed that “they were celebrating like they won the Super Bowl because that’s what it’s like to beat the Ragin’ Cajuns.”

You can’t make this up. 😂😂😂😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    Just got home from the game. I’m not a coach and don’t claim to know more than the coaches, but when your getting killed on the boards and you have a perfectly healthy 6’10” guy on the bench. I don’t care if he’s ready or not. You need a presence in the middle that can pull 8-10 rebounds. That’s it, don’t need points from him. I don’t care if he gives you 5 good fouls In 10 minutes. He would be a difference maker right now. The 6’9” guy for Mcneese was garabage but effective because he’s 6’9”. If Lafayette can’t get 8-10 boards, why is he here. Oh and Gladney played 10 seconds to give Gant a rest right before a media timeout. You got Gant that can PULL a rebound. Everyone else just gets some.
    Totally agree with this, as I stated in another thread the little bit we have seen of both Gladney and Lafayette they have showed some promise. Lack of rebounding and the 2nd chance points given up were the main factor tonight.

3. Default Re: Bob Marlin

With the unexpected player reassignments due to the loss of Marquetti, game went about as expected

4. Default Re: MBB G14 GameON: Louisiana vs. Arkansas State

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory with Marlin Quote
    Every time we play a conference game or any game, these teams come in and know that we are the standard. We have won more games than any team in the league over the last five years. We have the nicest gym. And we are the defending champions. And we are going to get everybody's best shot. And we got theirs tonight. I've seen their games, and it was the best game they've played tonight.
    I agree with everything Marlin said.
    What he left unsaid was How YOU play has a big impact on how the other team looks.

If ASU looked good their best? That is on the Cajuns.

"On the Cajuns" includes loss of players, unfamiliarity of rolls, lack of continuity, unavoidable lack of depth, poor play, bad coaching moves. But it's still on the Cajuns.

Marlin is the Cajuns.

Default Re: MBB G14 GameON: Louisiana vs. Arkansas State

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I agree with everything Marlin said.
    What he left unsaid was How YOU play has a big impact on how the other team looks.

If ASU looked good their best? That is on the Cajuns.

"On the Cajuns" includes loss of players, unfamiliarity of rolls, lack of continuity, unavoidable lack of depth, poor play, bad coaching moves. But it's still on the Cajuns.

Marlin is the Cajuns.
    Just once, I would like to see Marlin take responsibility for our total incompetence in the half court game.

After the last four years, some think Bob is a good coach. I am beginning to think that Bryce Washington coached the last four years, and Big Fish took it back over this year.

Default Re: MBB G14 Final Louisiana 83, ASU 94

Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
    Lack of rebounding and the 2nd chance points given up were the main factor tonight.
    Missed layups were a factor too. Not sure how many point blank shots we missed but it was ALOT.

Quote Originally Posted by TammanyCajun View Post
    If this is true and he really said it in those words, that's embarrassing.
    Sounds like something a Southland coach would say

Default Re: MBB G14 Final Louisiana 83, ASU 94

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    I don’t know which is worse. What he said tonight or what he said after the loss to Toledo down in Florida when he claimed that “they were celebrating like they won the Super Bowl because that’s what it’s like to beat the Ragin’ Cajuns.”

You can’t make this up. 😂😂😂😂😂
    that's the kinda of attitude that infects a team negatively, maybe even a explanation of why they look so sloppy. who cares if every team on the schedule gets up to play against you, as a competitor you should want that. your job is to match every opponents energy and desire, and bend their will to yours. if they are better than you then just say they are better than us.

9. Default Re: MBB G14 Final Louisiana 83, ASU 94

Quote Originally Posted by Balanced_view View Post
    that's the kinda of attitude that infects a team negatively, maybe even a explanation of why they look so sloppy. who cares if every team on the schedule gets up to play against you, as a competitor you should want that. your job is to match every opponents energy and desire, and bend their will to yours. if they are better than you then just say they are better than us.
    He said nothing negative, he said nothing untrue. There is zero to knock in his "statement."

It's what he didn't say that is lacking.

10. Default Re: MBB G14 GameON: Louisiana vs. Arkansas State

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    After the last four years, some think Bob is a good coach. I am beginning to think that Bryce Washington coached the last four years, and Big Fish took it back over this year.
    😂😂😂
    Ya nailed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    He said nothing negative, he said nothing untrue. There is zero to knock in his "statement."

It's what he didn't say that is lacking.
    Except his basketball program isn’t the standard of the Sunbelt, other than the nice contract he’s got.

12. Default Re: MBB G14 Final Louisiana 83, ASU 94

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Except his basketball program isn’t the standard of the Sunbelt, other than the nice contract he’s got.
    His program is "The Standard" us fans want it to be "automatic."

13. Default Re: MBB G14 Final Louisiana 83, ASU 94

Not so Turbine. GaSt is the current standard.

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    Missed layups were a factor too. Not sure how many point blank shots we missed but it was ALOT.
    Your right, it was a physical game and I think a few times they were looking for foul instead or making sure to get the basket. I remember both Davis and Hardy missing lay ups directly after a steal which would have been huge momentum shifts.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    Just got home from the game. I’m not a coach and don’t claim to know more than the coaches, but when your getting killed on the boards and you have a perfectly healthy 6’10” guy on the bench. I don’t care if he’s ready or not. You need a presence in the middle that can pull 8-10 rebounds. That’s it, don’t need points from him. I don’t care if he gives you 5 good fouls In 10 minutes. He would be a difference maker right now. The 6’9” guy for Mcneese was garabage but effective because he’s 6’9”. If Lafayette can’t get 8-10 boards, why is he here. Oh and Gladney played 10 seconds to give Gant a rest right before a media timeout. You got Gant that can PULL a rebound. Everyone else just gets some.
    We got killed on the boards. In fact we were almost doubled up which is actually something I don't see very often. I understand about using Lafayette to help with his size but rebounding is about a hell of a lot more than just size. There are undersized guys who are great rebounders because of their technique, tenacity and nose for the ball. We could rebound with the guys we have in there if they possessed those traits. We were a plus rebounding team last year and we only lost Bryce inside. He possessed those traits though. Miller was useless on the glass and got served on defense BUT his offense was there and he was aggressive so its hard to take him out when he's one of the only scorers for you at times. We need more from Davis and Miller. They need to be more willing to work on the defensive end and more importantly, the defensive glass if we expect to turn it around.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 . LastLast

Thread Information