Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: MBB G14 Final Louisiana 83, ASU 94

Default Re: MBB G14 GameON: Louisiana vs. Arkansas State

Bryce was one of the best to come through here. He was a unicorn. 6’6” but a double double every night. I guess we are hoping miller or Davis can step into that roll? Newsflash, that ain’t gonna happen. You need a 6’10” guy in there because you no longer have a 6’6” unicorn that plays 6’10”

I herd there’s an APB out for Cedric Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    Bryce was one of the best to come through here. He was a unicorn. 6'6" but a double double every night. I guess we are hoping miller or Davis can step into that roll? Newsflash, that ain't gonna happen. You need a 6'10" guy in there because you no longer have a 6'6" unicorn that plays 6'10"
    Bryce probably has one of the higher basketball IQs to ever play in the dome. As good as Shawn Long was, often Shawn would defer leadership on court to Bryce.

I herd there’s an APB out for Cedric Russell.
    Dude was chunking it the way Miller use too...Miller is playing a lot better IMO.

Bryce and Chris Manuel my favorites of all time. Not sure why Chris Manuel, just liked him.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripple Threat View Post
    Dude was chunking it the way Miller use too...Miller is playing a lot better IMO.
    Miller is playing good, but he’s not going to pull rebounds. He may be shaped like Bryce but they are totally different players. Bryce is Barkley, miller is.............. miller!!! Ha ha

7. Default Re: MBB G14 GameON: Louisiana vs. Arkansas State

.....Miller looks to have gained a LOT of his weight back....has got to take some off !

Miller is playing good, but he’s not going to pull rebounds. He may be shaped like Bryce but they are totally different players. Bryce is Barkley, miller is.............. miller!!! Ha ha

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    .....Miller looks to have gained a LOT of his weight back....has got to take some off !
    I thought the same thing tonight boom. His jersey looked a little tight. I can’t say anything, mine gets tight around the holidays as well. 😂

We looked sloppy tonight

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    We looked sloppy tonight
    I thought the same thing tonight victory. I can’t say much, I look a little sloppy around the holidays too

Everyone take a deep breath. Totally expected this. Going to have a few more like tonight. That dip wad in San Marcos been waiting a long time for the injury bug to give him a chance at beating the Cajuns. We'll be ok...at some point.

Plenty of time for players to adjust to their new expanded roles. Know the guys with extra playing time now will learn to take their time and shoot instead of throwing the ball at the rim.

We'll get it all together for a four game run in New Orleans and earn a spot in the dance!

Keep the faith! Or Helmut could be correct.

(Insert jpeg here)

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Everyone take a deep breath. Totally expected this. Going to have a few more like tonight. That dip wad in San Marcos been waiting a long time for the injury bug to give him a chance at beating the Cajuns. We'll be ok...at some point.

Plenty of time for players to adjust to their new expanded roles. Know the guys with extra playing time now will learn to take their time and shoot instead of throwing the ball at the rim.

We'll get it all together for a four game run in New Orleans and earn a spot in the dance!

(Insert jpeg here)
    This team was never making the tournament to begin with. We live and die by the 3, we look inconsistent in the paint, we don’t know how to rebound the ball on either side of the court. And we don’t know how to handle pressure down the stretch.

Those wins against McNeese, UNO, and Southeastern were all a ruse. We are about to get exposed in conference. I hope I’m wrong.

13. Default Re: MBB G14 GameON: Louisiana vs. Arkansas State

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post

(Insert jpeg here)
    ....I really thought that seeing his play as a freshman that Russel was very special——what happened to his 3 pt shooting....he is in a terrible rut and think he can jump out of it....we need his 3s to go along with the rest of his skills!

Marlin on the loss tonight:

“Every time we play a conference game or any game, these teams come in and know that we are the standard. We have won more games than any team in the league over the last five years. We have the nicest gym. And we are the defending champions. And we are going to get everybody’s best shot. And we got theirs tonight. I’ve seen their games, and it was the best game they’ve played tonight.”

Meh, I would think Georgia State would be the standard right about now. No need to sugarcoat the loss tonight to an average Arkansas State team.

15. Default Re: MBB G14 GameON: Louisiana vs. Arkansas State

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    Marlin on the loss tonight:

"Every time we play a conference game or any game, these teams come in and know that we are the standard. We have won more games than any team in the league over the last five years. We have the nicest gym. And we are the defending champions. And we are going to get everybody's best shot. And we got theirs tonight. I've seen their games, and it was the best game they've played tonight."
    If this is true and he really said it in those words, that's embarrassing.

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread Information