Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 . LastLast

Thread: MBB G14 Final Louisiana 83, ASU 94

Default Re: MBB G14 GameON: Louisiana vs. Arkansas State

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    That's all of our losses. We need to quit playing those teams.
    Bobby does his best to avoid them.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    We are now 0-5 this year vs top 200 RPI
    This season will put Marlin aka Big minnow on the HOT SEAT next year.

3. Default Re: MBB G14 GameON: Louisiana vs. Arkansas State

We’ve been challenged to not complain in this thread. Take all y’all negative comments to the SLU thread.

4. Default Re: MBB G14 GameON: Louisiana vs. Arkansas State

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    We’ve been challenged to not complain in this thread. Take all y’all negative comments to the SLU thread.
    Oh, something tells me that challenge is OVER.

5. UL Basketball Re: MBB G14 Preview: Louisiana vs. Arkansas State

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    I will be there tonight. Will be interesting how they handle the minutes Marquetti was getting. He would have guarded the Red Wolves top scorer. Not sure who will do that now. Note at the end of the game on Saturday, the players on the floor were Wesley, Stroman, Hardy, Davis, and Gant. That is a small lineup but I bet we see it again often going forward.
    I’m liking what Hardy is bringing to the table.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Nah, negative comments are fine when they are deserved.

Our players played their butts off tonight. That’s the only reason we had a shot to win down the stretch. But it is clear that without Marquetti we don’t have many weapons. This is going to be a long year.

Quote Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post
    5-24 from the 3 point strip compared to 10-25 for Arkansas State? We could not buy an outside shot while ASU could not miss for a pretty good while there when they went on their run. The starters looked really sluggish at time. The bench did add some energy late in the game, but the shots still would not fall. I hope the team will get better but they have a ways to go. Now I guess we will see how Marlin and company can respond to adversity, but it looked like this may not be their year.
    this is not a young team. the majority of this team have been together for several years. they didnt add lots of new pieces. they are who they are. warts and all

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post

Our players played their butts off tonight. That’s the only reason we had a shot to win down the stretch. But it is clear that without Marquetti we don’t have many weapons. This is going to be a long year.
    I'm jumping to the Fried Chicken thread for the next few days, it should be more fun than reading posters either talking about the loss of Marquetti or firing Marlin.

I understand losing Marquetti is a blow for us. But come on. We have enough experienced guys on the court that have enough play time to get the job done. Between Gant, Miller, Hardy, Stroman, etc.; we still should’ve gotten the job done.

Played their butts off? They went on a run midway through the second half and our guys looked like they didn’t even want to be on the court. Even it wasn’t for Stroman driving the lane and pj hitting a couple big threes to make it a game they would have beat us by 20. Miller and Gant were completely outmanned on the boards. The loss of one player should not do this to this team

Just got home from the game. I’m not a coach and don’t claim to know more than the coaches, but when your getting killed on the boards and you have a perfectly healthy 6’10” guy on the bench. I don’t care if he’s ready or not. You need a presence in the middle that can pull 8-10 rebounds. That’s it, don’t need points from him. I don’t care if he gives you 5 good fouls In 10 minutes. He would be a difference maker right now. The 6’9” guy for Mcneese was garabage but effective because he’s 6’9”. If Lafayette can’t get 8-10 boards, why is he here. Oh and Gladney played 10 seconds to give Gant a rest right before a media timeout. You got Gant that can PULL a rebound. Everyone else just gets some.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    Just got home from the game. I’m not a coach and don’t claim to know more than the coaches, but when your getting killed on the boards and you have a perfectly healthy 6’10” guy on the bench. I don’t care if he’s ready or not. You need a presence in the middle that can pull 8-10 rebounds. That’s it, don’t need points from him. I don’t care if he gives you 5 good fouls In 10 minutes. He would be a difference maker right now. The 6’9” guy for Mcneese was garabage but effective because he’s 6’9”. If Lafayette can’t get 8-10 boards, why is he here. Oh and Gladney played 10 seconds to give Gant a rest right before a media timeout. You got Gant that can PULL a rebound. Everyone else just gets some.
    i think your on to something, especially if the guards are going to just shoot 3's anyway, put in some height for all those misses, just might get a few put backs.

WYSIWYG. I fear

Ok, won’t say anything negative about the game at the dome. Broadhead drops his 8th in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Ok, won’t say anything negative about the game at the dome. Broadhead drops his 8th in a row.
    LOL

What a great day for Cajun hoops

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 . LastLast

Thread Information