Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst . 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: MBB G14 Final Louisiana 83, ASU 94

1. UL Basketball Re: MBB G14 Final Louisiana 83, ASU 94

Not so, he only gets to take action. The fans decide whether it matters, not Marlin, not Maggard, not Savoie, not Jay Walker. The fans not showing up tells me Maggard needs to pay attention. Sure his season ticket sales are still holding up, but there's never a crowd at the ticket window, concession stands. There used to be much bigger crowds with more concession stands open. That probably has something to do with all the craft beer stands. But still we're way down from the past that included lots of 📺 games.

Default Re: MBB G14 Final Louisiana 83, ASU 94

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Well 4/6 is pretty good, but now 4/7 is pushing towards 50%. And of course it 😏 counts, everybody has injuries, discipline, zebras 🦓, transfer issues. You don't get to choose when it matters.
    Krewe de Corner Bar gets to choose. The freebie they used is that Gant got hurt without mentioning that two of Tech's starters didn't even suit up.

Not so, he only gets to take action. The fans decide whether it matters, not Marlin, not Maggard, not Savoie, not Jay Walker. The fans not showing up tells me Maggard needs to pay attention. Sure his season ticket sales are still holding up, but there's never a crowd at the ticket window, concession stands. There used to be much bigger crowds with more concession stands open. That probably has something to do with all the craft beer stands. But still we're way down from the past that included lots of 📺 games.
    Express, haven't you heard? Attendance is like that all across the deep south. So, we just have to deal with it. Stop being such a pessimist! /sarcasm off

There are several ways to inflate season ticket numbers

5. Default Re: MBB G14 Final Louisiana 83, ASU 94

Not so, he only gets to take action . . .
    Many have choices as you have pointed out. However, when he takes action, he has chosen. All of those things you mentioned only affect when and how he makes his choice.

6. Default Re: MBB G14 Final Louisiana 83, ASU 94

The reality is that virtually every AD would rather not fire someone. That’s natural, some few demand excellence for excellence sake. I’m of the opinion Maggard falls into the what’s not hurting the program can continue not hurting. But of course eventually only excellence doesn’t hurt the program. Bobby Big Fish days here are definitely getting short.

7. Default Re: MBB G14 Final Louisiana 83, ASU 94

The reality is that virtually every AD would rather not fire someone. That’s natural, some few demand excellence for excellence sake. I’m of the opinion Maggard falls into the what’s not hurting the program can continue not hurting. But of course eventually only excellence doesn’t hurt the program. Bobby Big Fish days here are definitely getting short.
    As part of the last extensions I'm sure he chose to demand excellence and obviously chose not to do nothing or implement a firing. He will have further choices coming up.

8. Default Re: MBB G14 Final Louisiana 83, ASU 94

We’re all assuming he netted out better on the extension. Nobody knows that. Cajuns Mike consistantly said it was the only way to keep Big Fish competitive in recruiting and we’re probably better off net due to him if he’s let go early. Maybe I’ve zero evidence of that.

9. Default Re: MBB G14 Final Louisiana 83, ASU 94

We’re all assuming he netted out better on the extension. Nobody knows that. Cajuns Mike consistantly said it was the only way to keep Big Fish competitive in recruiting and we’re probably better off net due to him if he’s let go early. Maybe I’ve zero evidence of that.
    No matter what the terms, it was Dr M's choice on how to deal with everything Big Fish, at the time.

10. Default Re: MBB G14 Final Louisiana 83, ASU 94

Whatever, seems we’ve got an AD that walks on water be it the Amazon or North Pole. I trust Maggard to do the right things 85% of the time. I’m trusting nobody much higher than that especially myself. But if you think Joe Fan ain’t in charge you’ve never been successful in retail business.

Default Re: MBB G14 GameON: Louisiana vs. Arkansas State

Quote Originally Posted by oldwiseone33 View Post
    Ark st lost to Grand Canyon by 30 😳
    let that sink in.

12. Default Re: MBB G14 Final Louisiana 83, ASU 94

Well 4/6 is pretty good, but now 4/7 is pushing towards 50%. And of course it 😏 counts, everybody has injuries, discipline, zebras 🦓, transfer issues. You don't get to choose when it matters.
    This was your post. To that I said Dr. M gets to choose when it matters.

Then you went on to get all deep on me about all of the factors that will go into what he chooses to do then assault me about my retail business acumen. That is stupid because at no time did I ever exclude the possibility of others having choices or whether those choices may or may not effect what Dr. M chooses to do. Further, at no time did I say Dr. M was God, that I approved or disapproved of his choices or that the choices of others mattered not. You imputed all of that on me. To now I understand not why you are so b*tt hurt over this.

13. Default Re: MBB G14 Final Louisiana 83, ASU 94

Ah go smoke a cigar. 😂

14. Default Re: MBB G14 Final Louisiana 83, ASU 94

Ah go smoke a cigar. 😂
    Oh no, attempted murder.

Default Re: MBB G14 GameON: Louisiana vs. Arkansas State

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    State was sending five to the boards a lit of the time to defensive rebound. I think we should have made in-game adjustments with the players to not worry about getting a possible fast-break going but increase our guys going to the boards. I guess it's the times, but it always irks me when I see a guy shoot the ball and stand to watch the shot. Either go forward to rebound, or get back to prevent a fast break. If the team you're playing doesn't want to fast break, rebound the basketball. The shooter or other offensive players accomplish nothing by standing and watching the shot. Rebounding was the killer last night as there were some possessions where we did a fairly good job on defense, had three guys under the goal, and had a single State guy go get the rebound. Jakeenan is the only player that aggressively rebounds the basketball.
    I'm not talking about on the offensive boards. I saw the big guy who killed us on the boards get one rebound in the middle of 4 guys. I saw Miller at least twice not even block out or attempt to rebound the ball. This is with us having the advantage of 3-4 players to 1 in the lane.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst . 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread Information