Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Eat Acadiana: Fried Chicken

1. Default Re: Eat Acadiana: Fried Chicken

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post

Then again, tastes are subjective.
    You could not be more right about that. Had Darrells last night and it was better than ever. Not that everyone you mention is not good, I would not buy a poboy in Lafayette.

Default Re: Eat Acadiana: Fried Chicken

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    We don't need no outsider to tell us what restaurants are good or not in Abbeville. 50+years of experience will do just fine.
    All of them are good; each is better than the others at some things. And who you calling an outsider? I have been living in Abbeville for a long time. Not quite a half century, but I moved here late. lol

You could not be more right about that. Had Darrells last night and it was better than ever. Not that everyone you mention is not good, I would not buy a poboy in Lafayette.
    Made my first stop at Olde Tyme Grocery last night. Not bad. But I'm not a big poboy aficionado.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Not for fried foods.

Richard's is only good for boiled, and that is over-priced. Cest Bon in Mermentau is both better and cheaper than Richard's.

For anything not fried, both Dupuy's and Riverfront are better than Shucks.
    ____. I forgot about the fried shrimp poboy at C’est Bon. That’s definitely better than what we had at Darrel’s as well.

5. Default Re: Eat Acadiana: Fried Chicken

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Shucks was bought out about 10 years ago by the guy who owns route 92
    The partners "Shucks" owned shucks before owning Route 92.

When Shucks was established the "entire" staff of Dupuy's moved enmass to what is Shucks. When Dupuy's reopened a few went back.

6. Default Re: Eat Acadiana: Fried Chicken

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    The partners "Shucks" owned shucks before owning Route 92.

When Shucks was established the "entire" staff of Dupuy's moved enmass to what is Shucks. When Dupuy's reopened a few went back.
    It's my understanding that the lease ran out on the Dupuis building. Some how or another, the owners of the building prevailed in a legal battle over the name so the then operators of Dupuis moved down the street without the name, but with their recipe's and people and opened SHUCKS. That business was latter purchased by the two current owners who also attempted to retain the same employees, etc. I love raw oysters and their fried oysters so much I have almost no experience with the rest of their menu (save the broiled oysters). The fried oysters are still cooked the same way. It's my favorite meal to purchase at a restaurant.

7. Default Re: Eat Acadiana: Fried Chicken

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    ____. I forgot about the fried shrimp poboy at C’est Bon. That’s definitely better than what we had at Darrel’s as well.
    No fried foods served by Darrells. They have a grilled shrimp poboy that I would not buy again.

8. Default Re: Eat Acadiana: Fried Chicken

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    Fried chicken today at Dwyers Cafe downtown. It's not bad.
    ————Dwyers=tongue Tuesday.......hope all on here love tongue......Soooo gooood!

9. Default Re: Eat Acadiana: Fried Chicken

Bread and Circus, next to Edies, has a fried chicken special on Wednesdays for lunch that is AWESOME.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    And liver and grilled onions on Thursdays.

11. Default Re: Eat Acadiana: Fried Chicken

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Tongue is great but it needs to be cooked a good long time.

12. Default Re: Eat Acadiana: Fried Chicken

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    All of them are good; each is better than the others at some things. And who you calling an outsider? I have been living in Abbeville for a long time. Not quite a half century, but I moved here late. lol
    If you look at the thread you can tell. Hint, it was not you.

A true man of his word. I like to fish. Fish were talked about earlier in this thread. Where is the best place to get fried fish?
    Le Cafe in Breaux Bridge on Rees Street is good. I won't claim it's the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    I've told people if they want to kill me just lock me in a room with a 10 lb. bag of cracklins...... check back in a hour or two.
    Now a days that's about $200 worth of cracklins but who's keeping score?

15. Default Re: Eat Acadiana: Fried Chicken

Basketball has turned this food thread into the most active one on RP on a Saturday afternoon. That ought to tell us something.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information