Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Eat Acadiana: Fried Chicken

Default e: Fried Chicken

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ....When I was coaching years ago at St. Louis in LC there was a place in the hood called BALLS.......years later I walked in one day and I get to the counter....I say....Love that chicken from Popeye I dig the way it fry——some say KFC is the best that there can be.... but I say Reggie Ball got the best of all....got some nods from the brothers!
    Ball's is still there. I've never had it but the IT guy that I work with eats there ALL the time.

Default Re: Fried Chicken

Especially at 3AM

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    I know it is gone. But Jim’s fried chicken in New Orleans s used to be the best.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Fried Chicken

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun_RH View Post
    Just FYI on Fat Albert's, they are no longer open on Sunday's. I went on a Sunday about a year ago and was very disappoint to find out. Also, Mama's in Opelousas is pretty darn good and their fried fish is also very good as well.
    ever since the younger brother died, they started closing on sundays. and steven's fried shrimp is awesome.

Default Re: Eat Acadiana: Fried Chicken

This thread is the reason I stopped at Popeyes yesterday. Fried chicken on my mind, all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    This thread is the reason I stopped at Popeyes yesterday. Fried chicken on my mind, all the time.
    The Popeyes at the corner of Pinhook and south College is the only remaining Popeyes in the country with a buffet. The Bordens Ice cream shop at the corner of Johnston and Jefferson is the only remaining Bordens Ice cream shop in the country.

6. Default Re: Eat Acadiana: Fried Chicken

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    The Popeyes at the corner of Pinhook and south College is the only remaining Popeyes in the country with a buffet. The Bordens Ice cream shop at the corner of Johnston and Jefferson is the only remaining Bordens Ice cream shop in the country.
    I misread Bordens for Bourdain. He couldn't get enough of the Popeye's Buffet when he visited Acadiana.

7. Default Re: Fried Chicken

Quote Originally Posted by raoul View Post
    Especially at 3AM
    .....Hey dude happy new year....I think that guy that started Popeye’s took Jims recipe....ate there so many times while selling our Christmas trees on Carrollton ave!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ....When I was coaching years ago at St. Louis in LC there was a place in the hood called BALLS.......years later I walked in one day and I get to the counter....I say....Love that chicken from Popeye I dig the way it fry——some say KFC is the best that there can be.... but I say Reggie Ball got the best of all....got some nods from the brothers!
    Ball’s is still in Lake Charles. Their fish dinner is the best fried fish you can find in LC by a long shot. Ball’s, Darrel’s, and El Tapatio are my top 3 places anytime I go home to visit.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    Even though I didn't mention Popeye's, I'm still a part of this thread, so you're welcome. Next time you go into that Popeye's, you need to tell them to become Ragin' Pagin members so they can thank us for you spending your money there.

Myrans in Arnaudville. ....excellent fried chicken....everything else there is good too.

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    Myrans in Arnaudville. ....excellent fried chicken....everything else there is good too.
    Mey, I like Shake & Bake too! LOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Mey, I like Shake & Bake too! LOL!!!
    What makes you tink we talk like dat up here?

Glad we moved here.....just a great little town.

14. Default Re: Eat Acadiana: Fried Chicken

Arnaudville:

Is Maison De Manger' still open?

Laura's still open?

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread Information