Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Eat Acadiana: Fried Chicken

Default Re: Fried Chicken

Don’t care what anyone says. Steven’s has the best fried shrimp in the WORLD. Prove otherwise.

Abbeville version of Stevens is Handy Mart on Port Street. Best fried chicken and fried shrimp in town, plus fried rice. Belongs to Mihn (Bang) Bui, a UL grad, and his family. Can't beat the food or the prices, and the family are very friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Abbeville version of Stevens is Handy Mart on Port Street. Best fried chicken and fried shrimp in town, plus fried rice. Belongs to Mihn (Bang) Bui, a UL grad, and his family. Can't beat the food or the prices, and the family are very friendly.
    May be the same family as the folks at Stevens. I think he told my daughter they were from Abbeville.

I’ll have to check it out next time we head to Abbeville.

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    May be the same family as the folks at Stevens. I think he told my daughter they were from Abbeville.

I’ll have to check it out next time we head to Abbeville.
    Maybe a cousin or something. I know the immediate family well, and it isn't Bang or any of his siblings, nieces or nephews. Then again, Vietnamese family structure and dynamics is very confusing to westerners.

Fried Rice is amazing over there

Just FYI on Fat Albert's, they are no longer open on Sunday's. I went on a Sunday about a year ago and was very disappoint to find out. Also, Mama's in Opelousas is pretty darn good and their fried fish is also very good as well.

You should all feel blessed you have these iconic choices...those of us in this culinary wasteland of western nc have no such opportunity for fried chicken bliss...Bojangles is not Popeyes, and fish, other than brook trout, was probably caught off the coast of North Korea a month ago...thank God Walmart stocks Riceland Crawfish tail meat for the occasional ettoufe..

With a name like Mihn (Bang) Bui, I would imagine he knows his way around a kernel of rice.

Asian Cajun, but I bet they don't sell chicken feet. 😀

Go to Rascals (off of the Mire/Duson exit) on Thursdays when they serve fried chicken on their lunch buffet. Add a scoop of rice dressing with that, and you’ll want to go back the next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfanatico View Post
    With a name like Mihn (Bang) Bui, I would imagine he knows his way around a kernel of rice.
    I would think so.

I checked the Alexander Specialty meat site on Waitr. The really cowboy stew is made with beef tripe, heart, marriguts and kidneys. I'm thinking you need to be hard core to eat that.

12. Default Re: Fried Chicken

It’s one of those things you’ll love to eat, but don’t ask what’s in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post
    Asian Cajun, but I bet they don't sell chicken feet. 😀
    No chicken feet, Fish. That was a good road trip.

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    I would think so.

I checked the Alexander Specialty meat site on Waitr. The really cowboy stew is made with beef tripe, heart, marriguts and kidneys. I'm thinking you need to be hard core to eat that.
    For me, even a shred of kidney in a dish is too much. It's like eating a single radish in 10 pounds of salad and later tasting only the radish. Thing here though is that I love radish. Hate kidney though.

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    Go to Rascals (off of the Mire/Duson exit) on Thursdays when they serve fried chicken on their lunch buffet. Add a scoop of rice dressing with that, and you’ll want to go back the next week.
    I've heard that Rascals does have really good fried chicken. A buddy of mine recommended it.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread Information