Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Eat Acadiana: Fried Chicken

Default Re: Fried Chicken

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Lafonda FC is like your grandmas fried chicken. Really good especially after a couple margaritas.
    My Grandmother sucked as a cook.

2. Default Re: Fried Chicken

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealZeebart View Post
    My Grandmother sucked as a cook.
    Oh well, just double up on the margaritas.

If you don't mind eating chicken tenders vs fried chicken, Steven's Fine Food and Seafood Restaurant has the BEST chicken tenders this side of the Mississippi. You can't eat there. Only to go. A 10 piece tender with French fries or fried rice is $12 + tax. The catfish strip platter is to die for also. They do sell drumettes though. They are on the corner of S. Pierce and Cameron, across from the Acadian Ambulance main headquarters. It' a hole in the wall place but I highly recommend them.

The Dixe chicken is pretty good

Come on, man! There's got to be a Krispy Krunchy Chicken in Metairie. Hundreds, probably thousands of convenience stores across the country sell it. It is the best chicken around. Puts Popeye's anorexic chicken to shame. Now, some of the places that sell Krispy Krunchy Chicken, fry the whole chicken at once! You can get a whole one, either naked or battered. $6.99, best deal around.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowley Cajun View Post
    If you don't mind eating chicken tenders vs fried chicken, Steven's Fine Food and Seafood Restaurant has the BEST chicken tenders this side of the Mississippi. You can't eat there. Only to go. A 10 piece tender with French fries or fried rice is $12 + tax. The catfish strip platter is to die for also. They do sell drumettes though. They are on the corner of S. Pierce and Cameron, across from the Acadian Ambulance main headquarters. It' a hole in the wall place but I highly recommend them.
    Stevens is the absolute BOMB!! Run by a Vietnamese family. I’m usually one of the few white people picking up from there, but everyone’s always friendly!! WONDERFUL fried shrimp; MASSIVE fried pork chop—LARGE PORTIONS AND SMALL PRICES!!

La Fonda in Lafayette. Like someone said earlier, not on the menu. Call it in and go pick it up!🤟
    Little drumettes are awesome also!

Fat Alberts on Moss Street is the answer. Shut it down, don't listen to anyone else.

Runner up is Bread & Circus Provisions on Wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by barisaxman View Post
    Stevens is the absolute BOMB!! Run by a Vietnamese family. I’m usually one of the few white people picking up from there, but everyone’s always friendly!! WONDERFUL fried shrimp; MASSIVE fried pork chop—LARGE PORTIONS AND SMALL PRICES!!
    Steven's is just a worse version of Hot Food Express.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    I cannot find decent fried chicken in Metairie. Cooking it myself isn’t a problem, but way too messy for just two people. Anyone have a favorite in Lafayette, planning on making both Arkansas games next week.
    I remember Fury’s being pretty good when I lived in that area. Fair warning it could have gone down hill cause it has probably been close to 10 years since I’ve been there.

Fat alberts. No doubt. Get some rice dressing too.

12. Default Re: Fried Chicken

Getting some of that shrimp flavor in the grease to transfer over to the tenders, might be their secret.

Yep. I haven't tried anything else on the menu yet because I can't get away from the strips! lol. But I want to try everything. And you're right that everyone that goes in there is very nice and the owner is a character. My only complaint is the lack of parking but it doesn't stop me from going.

Express, Mama's on Landry Street in Opelousas. All you need to know.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Fried Chicken

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    Fat alberts. No doubt. Get some rice dressing too.
    the onion rings

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information