Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst . 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: MBB G12 Final: Louisiana 80, McNeese 67

Default Re: GameON: Louisiana vs McNeese

I think the guy that had miller in the figure four didn’t even get a Tech

2. Default Re: GameON: Louisiana vs McNeese

Much ado about nothing

Went back and watched it. #13 had Miller’s head locked in his legs. That’s what started it. He didn’t get anything. With as ling as they looked at the monitor, that’s a freakin joke.

Glad I was wrong.

Attendance 2,950. Holds 4,200. I didn’t see more than 1,000 on tv

Didn’t seem like a bad spot to watch a game even though you’re not going to fill it up often. Very “intimate.”

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    Attendance 2,950. Holds 4,200. I didn't see more than 1,000 on tv
    I was at the game. Attendance quoted is about right. Lots of folks sat higher up in their sections. We probably had 200 there. Coach Marlin acknowledged us with the UL sign as he walked off the court. I actually received 2 texts from friends saying they saw me and my group standing for the national anthem. Shout out to St. Louis (and former Cajun assistant) HS head coach Rick LeBato for providing me with some nice basketball insight as the game went along. As far as the game itself, extremely proud of how hard the guys played and with focus (only 11 turnovers which is encouraging). Although they did not have the nos. of Stroman and Marquetti, Miller and Davis deserve lots of credit in my book for how hard they fought on the glass against bigger and more athletic opponents. Although we were out rebounded, our guys battled for every ball that went to the rim and were able to force enough misses in there to give the Cajuns a chance. I was able to see those rim battles from my seat and it was a war with Roydell Brown being particularly aggressive and not always a good sport at times. Some credit has to be given to the coaching staff for having a plan to speed the Cowboys up so as we could neutralize their size advantage. Despite what was said publicly they knew Gant was out since yesterday and had to plan accordingly. Outscored them 27 to 6 after turnovers and that was the difference in the game. Still, I don't want to play too many more games without No. 23. He is the only player in the nation averaging 18 points, 8 rebounds, and 3 blocks. I am optimistic he will be back for the SLU game. He was present tonight but moving gingerly.

Pretty nice venue.it is steep and I would think there was a lot less there since it was on COX. Glad we had the WIN!

Default Re: MBB G12 Final: Louisiana 80, McNeese 67

The arena is perfect for their needs. And, the 2500 was accurate.

Hardy got the start because it was in LC. And, he played very well defensively. Russell defended very well during the spurt in the second half and his "3" jump started the barrage.

Stroman just took the game over after McNeese cut the lead to three points.

Default Re: MBB G12 Final: Louisiana 80, McNeese 67

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    The arena is perfect for their needs. And, the 2500 was accurate.

Hardy got the start because it was in LC. And, he played very well defensively. Russell defended very well during the spurt in the second half and his "3" jump started the barrage.

Stroman just took the game over after McNeese cut the lead to three points.
    Yes, everyone contributed to the win. Jeremy Hayes did not score but he also defended well when he was in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    I was at the game. Attendance quoted is about right. Lots of folks sat higher up in their sections. We probably had 200 there. Coach Marlin acknowledged us with the UL sign as he walked off the court. I actually received 2 texts from friends saying they saw me and my group standing for the national anthem. Shout out to St. Louis (and former Cajun assistant) HS head coach Rick LeBato for providing me with some nice basketball insight as the game went along. As far as the game itself, extremely proud of how hard the guys played and with focus (only 11 turnovers which is encouraging). Although they did not have the nos. of Stroman and Marquetti, Miller and Davis deserve lots of credit in my book for how hard they fought on the glass against bigger and more athletic opponents. Although we were out rebounded, our guys battled for every ball that went to the rim and were able to force enough misses in there to give the Cajuns a chance. I was able to see those rim battles from my seat and it was a war with Roydell Brown being particularly aggressive and not always a good sport at times. Some credit has to be given to the coaching staff for having a plan to speed the Cowboys up so as we could neutralize their size advantage. Despite what was said publicly they knew Gant was out since yesterday and had to plan accordingly. Outscored them 27 to 6 after turnovers and that was the difference in the game. Still, I don't want to play too many more games without No. 23. He is the only player in the nation averaging 18 points, 8 rebounds, and 3 blocks. I am optimistic he will be back for the SLU game. He was present tonight but moving gingerly.
    Thanks Mike but I do not want to see Gant play before conference.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Thanks Mike but I do not want to see Gant play before conference.
    SLU is 10 days away. Not sure how long it takes a sore tailbone to improve. Some have told me it takes quite awhile. He won't play if trainers don't think he is ready to go and near 100 per cent. Not sure when players leave for home but it may be today. Suspect they won't be back until Christmas night at the earliest. Probably won't find out his condition until later next week.

SLU is 10 days away. Not sure how long it takes a sore tailbone to improve. Some have told me it takes quite awhile.
    BT,DT. Hurts just to move, much less jump and run. One of those benchmark pains you remember for a lifetime. What compounds it your natural gait gets out of sync, causing other pains. Medicine has improved over the decades since I had mine, so I’m hoping Gant only misses a few weeks.

Default Re: McNeese basketball game 12/18

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Because it's CST you need to pay them for this game. Frenchie, you are 0 for 2 with your cable provider this week. Might want to think about a change.
    NO, LUS did good. They have CST on 35If I change it won't be because of their line up, it will be because of their cost ($$$$$)

SLU is 10 days away. Not sure how long it takes a sore tailbone to improve. Some have told me it takes quite awhile. He won't play if trainers don't think he is ready to go and near 100 per cent. Not sure when players leave for home but it may be today. Suspect they won't be back until Christmas night at the earliest. Probably won't find out his condition until later next week.
    Unless he's 100% I don't want him playing. Just me though.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst . 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread Information