Page 34 of 40 FirstFirst . 24 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 . LastLast

Thread: Official Ragin Cajun Football Early Signing Day Thread for 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    The spring will tell us a lot. I'm interested in seeing who we bring it but havent seen any names who I believe can make an immediate impact. That can change very quickly once I see who we bring in.
    That changes once you see and evaluate who they bring in?

We should let the coaches know that.

Default Re: Official Ragin Cajun Football Early Signing Day Thread for 2018

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    They also have the worst pass defense you don't get a stacked box if you are torching them.

On lewis You can't fix how fast someone can read a defense or make a decision we are going into year 3 on that project and only thing he can do is throw a screen or just chunk it up and pray.
    I can't get too excited about thinking Lewis will be our starter next year.

Quote Originally Posted by epiccajun View Post
    That changes once you see and evaluate who they bring in?

We should let the coaches know that.
    My opinion can change based on who we bring in. On if I believe Levi will be the starter.

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux View Post
    3. Messiah DeWeaver - 6'5", 230 lbs. Won a national championship at EMCC, former four star Michigan State QB. Doubt he comes to UL. Has an offer but I heard he wanted a starting job.
    Any starting position has to be earned, of course, but if he signed, what are the odds that he'd NOT be the starter? I'd have to think pretty low.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfanatico View Post
    I can't get too excited about thinking Lewis will be our starter next year.
    My fear is we get a good transfer and run a 2 QB system again

That, I actually don't fear.

I'm convinced that Napier did what he did this year to get Lewis as ready as possible for next year just in case all we brought in were a couple of freshman qbs. Don't recall if he played every fourth series from Game 1 onward, but in essence, he got 25% of the snaps this year. To me, that's good enough. With spring training he'll be as ready as he'll ever be.

Chance Lovertich was starter at MGCCC not Byrd.

Byrd ended up at Arizona Western presumably bc he was scared of competition at MGCCC. Completing 55% of passes and 4 TDs to 8ints. Not a very good get in my opinion.
    Your right! Logan signed with a Division II university.

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux View Post
    Your right! Logan signed with a Division II university.
    I'd add Brandon Wimbush from Notre Dame to any transfer wish list. He has deficiencies but has experience at a high level of competition.

9. Default Re: Official Ragin Cajun Football Early Signing Day Thread for 2018

On first look I thought Lewis to possibly be the most illusive QB ever to play herebut when it came happyfeet time his lack of speed showed as he was tackled from the rear on several timesso we shall see!

I'd add Brandon Wimbush from Notre Dame to any transfer wish list. He has deficiencies but has experience at a high level of competition.
    Yes Please!

You know, Levi's total numbers weren't much different from Nunez, on average.

QB RATING
    Nunez 144.55
    Lewis 178.31

COMP %
    Nunez 63.4
    Lewis 62.5

TD/ INT
    Nunez 20/12
    Lewis 7/2

YDS PER COMP.
    Nunez 12.48
    Lewis 15.8

YDS PER ATT.
    Nunez 7.9
    Lewis 9.1

Now, I'm not suggesting for one minute that we should stay status quo.

But it's not like Levi never performed when he was in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post

QB RATING
    Nunez 144.55
    Lewis 178.31

COMP %
    Nunez 63.4
    Lewis 62.5

TD/ INT
    Nunez 20/12
    Lewis 7/2

YDS PER COMP.
    Nunez 12.48
    Lewis 15.8

YDS PER ATT.
    Nunez 7.9
    Lewis 9.1

He like nunez is game manager which is ok still like to see a transfer at MLB or QB both would be ideal

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post

QB RATING
    Nunez 144.55
    Lewis 178.31

COMP %
    Nunez 63.4
    Lewis 62.5

TD/ INT
    Nunez 20/12
    Lewis 7/2

YDS PER COMP.
    Nunez 12.48
    Lewis 15.8

YDS PER ATT.
    Nunez 7.9
    Lewis 9.1

What this doesn't show is the limited number of plays he ran in the playbook and the scope of the passing game while he was running the offense. What he ran is what they believed he could execute efficiently, and that was even less than Nunez.

I think most would like to see a JC transfer that is capable of making all the throws in Coach Napier's offense. How well they learn the offense and how efficient they are will be determined in the spring. The problem is any program wanting a JC to throw in the mix will want a Dec. graduate. That means a number remain available, but they will graduate in May. The other side is a 3 for 3 signee, meaning we take a QB with the abilities we want, but limited in experience with 1 year as a starter. There is no guarantee with either option.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    What this doesn't show is the limited number of plays he ran in the playbook and the scope of the passing game while he was running the offense. What he ran is what they believed he could execute efficiently, and that was even less than Nunez.

I think most would like to see a JC transfer that is capable of making all the throws in Coach Napier's offense. How well they learn the offense and how efficient they are will be determined in the spring. The problem is any program wanting a JC to throw in the mix will want a Dec. graduate. That means a number remain available, but they will graduate in May. The other side is a 3 for 3 signee, meaning we take a QB with the abilities we want, but limited in experience with 1 year as a starter. There is no guarantee with either option.
    Or just roll with the guy who has the most upside and break him in slowly and give him more responsibility as the season progresses.

Our defense should be improved and our running game will take off some pressure on any new QB.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Or just roll with the guy who has the most upside and break him in slowly and give him more responsibility as the season progresses.

Our defense should be improved and our running game will take off some pressure on any new QB.
    I prefer to leverage my options by adding the best available option that is a fit for this staff and the current locker room, and let the competition work it out.

Page 34 of 40 FirstFirst . 24 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 . LastLast

Thread Information