Page 37 of 40 FirstFirst . 27 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 LastLast

Thread: Official Ragin Cajun Football Early Signing Day Thread for 2018

Default Re: Official Ragin Cajun Football Early Signing Day Thread for 2018

In the end, Napier may not get the one he wants, but I'm confident that whoever he signs, he'll get the most out of them. Can't ask for much more than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    I watched Shim's highlights and in my opinion, he would not be better than any of our options that are already on campus. Johnson has a nice skill set. Seems raw but definitely has skills.
    Any JC QB that is 3 for 3 will be a little raw with only one year as a starter. What you hope is that they are more mentally and physically developed at this point than your average freshman signee, although that is not always the case with some of the top HS programs in the country.

What we can see from Johnson's video is he has a good arm and is physically mature. What we don't know is what's between his ears. That's where this staff has to do their homework if he is the guy.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Any JC QB that is 3 for 3 will be a little raw with only one year as a starter. What you hope is that they are more mentally and physically developed at this point than your average freshman signee, although that is not always the case with some of the top HS programs in the country.

What we can see from Johnson's video is he has a good arm and is physically mature. What we don't know is what's between his ears. That's where this staff has to do their homework if he is the guy.
    Completely agree.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    They've been following him while others were talking about Shim. Johnson is very similar to DeWeaver.
    I presume we will find out if we get a transfer when school starts in mid January.

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    From stalking twitter, I would be very surprised if Jonah Johnson is not the target to come in for the Spring.

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/1133342.25a20a24bdf224

When does spring semester begin?

I don't think he's any good. His receivers are too open and gain too many YAC inflating his yardage and TD numbers. I'll pass.

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard1280 View Post
    I don't think he's any good. His receivers are too open and gain too many YAC inflating his yardage and TD numbers. I'll pass.
    I guess people see what they want to see. There was some of what you mention. But I see good footwork, arm strength, athleticism in the pocket, read progression, and ability to throw on the run. I’m not a quarterback guru, and haven’t coached football beyond the high school level; but if this is the guy Napier gets, I would be excited to see what he can do with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Textitan View Post
    I guess people see what they want to see. There was some of what you mention. But I see good footwork, arm strength, athleticism in the pocket, read progression, and ability to throw on the run. I’m not a quarterback guru, and haven’t coached football beyond the high school level; but if this is the guy Napier gets, I would be excited to see what he can do with him.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by Textitan View Post
    I guess people see what they want to see. There was some of what you mention. But I see good footwork, arm strength, athleticism in the pocket, read progression, and ability to throw on the run. I'm not a quarterback guru, and haven't coached football beyond the high school level; but if this is the guy Napier gets, I would be excited to see what he can do with him.
    Okay, well I've been watching people quarterback at football for over 43 years, so there!

11. UL Football Re: Official Ragin Cajun Football Early Signing Day Thread for 2018

“So there”, what? You ever coached, a scout? I've watched for a lot longer and am only qualified to say I like don't like the results.

Relax guys. I'm not qualified for squat. Just joshing. I trust that the pros we have at the helm will sign the best possible QB available for our needs.

Geaux Cajuns!

13. Default Re: Official Ragin Cajun Football Early Signing Day Thread for 2018

Relax guys. I'm not qualified for squat. Just joshing. I trust that the pros we have at the helm will sign the best possible QB available for our needs.

Geaux Cajuns!
    You are a funny dude and a pretty damn good fisherman to boot.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    Yeah. He's being followed on Twitter by our Head Coach, Offensive Coordinator, Assistant Coach and our Corners Coach
    Apparently something must be there. Did you scroll down to see who else is following him? Several high end P5 coaches and schools. Several very recognizable names.

I think saying he isn't any good is too strong. I think you have a point on many of his throws, his WR's are wide open, and it's hard to tell because most QB's, even bad ones, can hit wide open wide receivers. I would say it's not conclusive on how good he is by this one video. We don't know for sure Napier even wants him, but if he does, I would give him the benefit of the doubt.

Page 37 of 40 FirstFirst . 27 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 LastLast

Thread Information