Page 35 of 40 FirstFirst . 25 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 . LastLast

Thread: Official Ragin Cajun Football Early Signing Day Thread for 2018

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    I prefer to leverage my options by adding the best available option that is a fit for this staff and the current locker room, and let the competition work it out.
    I 100% agree with that. But IMO short of landing a DeWeaver type JC signee we aren’t going to get a guy who is anything more than what we got out of Nunez.

Default Re: Official Ragin Cajun Football Early Signing Day Thread for 2018

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    I 100% agree with that. But IMO short of landing a DeWeaver type JC signee we aren’t going to get a guy who is anything more than what we got out of Nunez.
    I don't see the DeWeaver type as the only option. I would prefer a Bennett type the gives this offense a RPO at QB. There were so many times this season that a QB like a Blaine Gauthier could have taken advantage of opportunities to make big plays on 3rd or 4th down with his legs. That would open our run game up even more to have a running threat at QB.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    I don't see the DeWeaver type as the only option. I would prefer a Bennett type the gives this offense a RPO at QB. There were so many times this season that a QB like a Blaine Gauthier could have taken advantage of opportunities to make big plays on 3rd or 4th down with his legs. That would open our run game up even more to have a running threat at QB.
    While that is true as well, I’d like to see us move away from an athlete playing QB and see a real QB who is athletic.

Hell find me another Andre Nunez with better abilities. If Nunez could make all the throws he would have picked people apart. But his arm strength really limited this offense.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    While that is true as well, I’d like to see us move away from an athlete playing QB and see a real QB who is athletic.

Hell find me another Andre Nunez with better abilities. If Nunez could make all the throws he would have picked people apart. But his arm strength really limited this offense.
    I have no interest in an athlete playing QB, Bennett was way more polished throwing all the routes than just an athlete. Any addition from JC should be able to throw all the routes well. JMO

5. Default Re: Official Ragin Cajun Football Early Signing Day Thread for 2018

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    You know, Levi's total numbers weren't much different from Nunez, on average.

QB RATING
    Nunez 144.55
    Lewis 178.31

COMP %
    Nunez 63.4
    Lewis 62.5

TD/ INT
    Nunez 20/12
    Lewis 7/2

YDS PER COMP.
    Nunez 12.48
    Lewis 15.8

YDS PER ATT.
    Nunez 7.9
    Lewis 9.1

Now, I'm not suggesting for one minute that we should stay status quo.

But it's not like Levi never performed when he was in the game.
    He did well, I was pleased, but isn't he graduating early and leaving UL high and dry?

6. Default Re: Official Ragin Cajun Football Early Signing Day Thread for 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    He did well, I was pleased, but isn't he graduating early and leaving UL high and dry?
    Almost - have you seen the weather forecast - no "and dry"

He is leaving us HIGH.

7. Default Re: Official Ragin Cajun Football Early Signing Day Thread for 2018

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Almost - have you seen the weather forecast - no "and dry"

He is leaving us HIGH.
    So I think all agree that the recruiting has. Been pretty successful to damn good.why??? Facilities including IPF, APC, very nice dorms, academic center, and even cafeteria area location.the new staff phenomenon that seems to work for first year coaches.knowledgeable recruiters that know their areas.the taste. Of success in the past with some bowl success with. Great crowdsthe next upgrade of stadium dreamthis cULture dealfor some some academic credentials.existing players spreading the good news of the new staff!!!

Lewis is graduating early?

9. Default Re: Official Ragin Cajun Football Early Signing Day Thread for 2018

Quote Originally Posted by mgv6260 View Post
    Lewis is graduating early?
    That was the threat of 2017 as to why Lewis should start over Nunez.

Whether or not that threat is coming to fruition, I do not know.

10. Default Re: Official Ragin Cajun Football Early Signing Day Thread for 2018

That was the threat of 2017 as to why Lewis should start over Nunez.

Whether or not that threat is coming to fruition, I do not know.
    He was also dead set on NOT red shirting because he was going to graduate early and there would then be no need for a red shirt year.

He was also dead set on NOT red shirting because he was going to graduate early and there would then be no need for a red shirt year.
    The way I remember it, is that his plan was to graduate in 4 years. So, if he redshirted, he would really only have 3 years of playing time.

He will be available to play 4 seasonshe has 2 left. He won't be here for a fifth season.

13. Default Re: Official Ragin Cajun Football Early Signing Day Thread for 2018

If he had redshirted.

If he had success as a senior.

If he was competitive.

I guarantee you he would be back for his 4th year of college football.

ps Can I make you cry "uncle" ?

14. Default Re: Official Ragin Cajun Football Early Signing Day Thread for 2018

If he had redshirted.

If he had success as a senior.

If he was competitive.

I guarantee you he would be back for his 4th year of college football.

ps Can I make you cry "uncle" ?
    I think she is your uncle.

15. Default Re: Official Ragin Cajun Football Early Signing Day Thread for 2018

I think she is your uncle.
    I see the expected "uncle" but I don't sense the cry.

Page 35 of 40 FirstFirst . 25 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 . LastLast

Thread Information