Page 31 of 40 FirstFirst . 21 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 . LastLast

Thread: Official Ragin Cajun Football Early Signing Day Thread for 2018

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    Not being negative. Being real.

In every recruiting class, there is attrition. If you sign 25 and 15 make a significant contribution before they leave, that's one helluva class.

I believe 30% of our signees will never see their senior season. Why? Because that's the case in nearly every recruiting class at every school.

Now, let me end on a positive note:

I believe when all is said and done, we will have more contributors out of this class than any since.well.I can remember.

I'm excited. But I'm also realistic.
    It's when I'm asked to evaluate a signing class I always add the qualifier, "on paper".

Default Re: Official Ragin Cajun Football Early Signing Day Thread for 2018

I've said it here before. One of Hud's flaws was his recruiting classes. Outside of getting them to campus, he would only hit on 15%-20% of his recruits by year three. That number should be trending closer to 40%-50%.

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux View Post
    I've said it here before. One of Hud's flaws was his recruiting classes. Outside of getting them to campus, he would only hit on 15%-20% of his recruits by year three. That number should be trending closer to 40%-50%.
    And, hopefully this one will. I'm VERY optimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux View Post
    Attrition was part of the problem, getting them to campus and keeping them on campus.

And, here you go.

21 players signed.

Five of them were JUCO players and have since departed. Denarius Howard, Jarvis Jeffries, Trev Miller, Kevon Perry and Artez Williams. Miller was the only one, in my opinion, that really contributed BOTH years they were at UL. Four of them played a lot as seniors.

Of the remaining 16 signees, seven are no longer with the program.

Of the nine who remain, three really haven't seen the field much. (QB Jake Arceneaux, OL Kendall Baker and Akkai Ward).

That leaves six.
    I would consider three (Jacques Boudreaux, Raymond Calais and Trey Ragas) to be starters.

The other three (DL Tra'Vontae Booker, DB Blair Brooks, WR Calif Gossett) saw action during the season. We'll see if any of them move into a starting role next season.

Now.rate the class.
    That summary indicates the rating would not be very good. Probably a factor in that coach no longer being here.

6. Default Re: Official Ragin Cajun Football Early Signing Day Thread for 2018

And, here you go.

21 players signed.

Five of them were JUCO players and have since departed. Denarius Howard, Jarvis Jeffries, Trev Miller, Kevon Perry and Artez Williams. Miller was the only one, in my opinion, that really contributed BOTH years they were at UL. Four of them played a lot as seniors.

Of the remaining 16 signees, seven are no longer with the program.

Of the nine who remain, three really haven't seen the field much. (QB Jake Arceneaux, OL Kendall Baker and Akkai Ward).

That leaves six.
    I would consider three (Jacques Boudreaux, Raymond Calais and Trey Ragas) to be starters.

The other three (DL Tra'Vontae Booker, DB Blair Brooks, WR Calif Gossett) saw action during the season. We'll see if any of them move into a starting role next season.

Now.rate the class.
    I think the point is that you always say that, and that’s fine. The truth is nobody ever goes back and rate a recruiting class three years down the road. I’m sure it’s almost a given that almost nobody’s class lives up to the hype.

Recruiting class announcements are about hope for the future, that’s all. It’s fun for the fans. Your view is let’s count the votes instead of the polls. I get that, but the vote is the reality, the polls the hope. Anyone can be accurate once the results are in.

7. Default Re: Official Ragin Cajun Football Early Signing Day Thread for 2018

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    I think the point is that you always say that, and that’s fine. The truth is nobody ever goes back and rate a recruiting class three years down the road. I’m sure it’s almost a given that almost nobody’s class lives up to the hype.

Recruiting class announcements are about hope for the future, that’s all. It’s fun for the fans. Your view is let’s count the votes instead of the polls. I get that, but the vote is the reality, the polls the hope. Anyone can be accurate once the results are in.
    Bingo

This is the first year I admire Jay's consistency though.

https://247sports.com/Player/Brett-V.school-139916/

https://247sports.com/Player/Michael.-school-96322/

A few Transfer QB's to keep an eye on

Michael Beaudry is a very interesting prospect tossed 3250 yards 29-13 TD-IN and a 56% completion last season

9. Default Re: Official Ragin Cajun Football Early Signing Day Thread for 2018

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    https://247sports.com/Player/Brett-V.school-139916/

https://247sports.com/Player/Michael.-school-96322/

A few Transfer QB's to keep an eye on

Michael Beaudry is a very interesting prospect tossed 3250 yards 29-13 TD-IN and a 56% completion last season
    Says Virgil is committed to Army.

Beaudry is interesting, with a name like "Beau Dry" the defense will never get a sack.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Says Virgil is committed to Army.

Beaudry is interesting, with a name like "Beau Dry" the defense will never get a sack.
    Virgill is in Juco

Beaudry is playing D2

https://247sports.com/college/texas/.ess-126720348/

4* leaving Texas, was recruited hard by Lincoln Riley.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    https://247sports.com/college/texas/.ess-126720348/

4* leaving Texas, was recruited hard by Lincoln Riley.
    He is following Napier and sale on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    He is following Napier and sale on Twitter
    Is he really?

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Is he really?
    It could be from their Arizona State days.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Is he really?
    Yes he sure is but it was when he was at ASU this still a good thing they know each other

Page 31 of 40 FirstFirst . 21 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 . LastLast

Thread Information