Page 30 of 40 FirstFirst . 20 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 . LastLast

Thread: Official Ragin Cajun Football Early Signing Day Thread for 2018

Default Re: Official Ragin Cajun Football Early Signing Day Thread for 2018

Quote Originally Posted by mgv6260 View Post
    What about Scott?
    Scott is an APB, he can be a returner as well. But he is not a need position right now.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Malone played slot under hud, Napier moved him out in favor of a bigger guy in the slot for the most part. Word on Legendre from guys who saw him in camps this summer is, you want the ball in his hands but he is not the best at catching. He will be somewhat of a project at receiving the ball.
    He wasn't asked to do it much in HS. He did get better at catching the ball during last summer playing on an all-star 7-on-7 team. His top end speed and open field elusiveness is his major assets right now.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    He wasn't asked to do it much in HS. He did get better at catching the ball during last summer playing on an all-star 7-on-7 team. His top end speed and open field elusiveness is his major assets right now.
    No doubt a great talent. He was asked to run the offense under center in high school I’d say that’s pretty much. I did not see him in camps and 7 on 7. I did speak to someone recently who saw him very much during the summer. Just going off of that feed back. Hopefully our WR coaches can make him a good receiver. It may take time considering his experience at the position.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfanatico View Post
    What's he got, one or two years left?
    I think 1

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    No doubt a great talent. He was asked to run the offense under center in high school I’d say that’s pretty much. I did not see him in camps and 7 on 7. I did speak to someone recently who saw him very much during the summer. Just going off of that feed back. Hopefully our WR coaches can make him a good receiver. It may take time considering his experience at the position.
    You never know, Calais wasn't great catching the ball early on either. Harry Peoples made the transition from a HS QB and RB to the slot position well. Don't forget Bell and Reddix can also play that same position, so his transition may come with a RS year.

You never know, Calais wasn't great catching the ball early on either. Harry Peoples made the transition from a HS QB and RB to the slot position well. Don't forget Bell and Reddix can also play that same position, so his transition may come with a RS year.
    Agree RS year may be needed. Peoples went to juco. I believe Bradley and jauckett were both QBs. Definitely not doubting it can be done.

Scott is an APB, he can be a returner as well. But he is not a need position right now.
    Which Scott are we talking about, the kid out of DeSoto Parish? I thought he hadn't signed.

Which Scott are we talking about, the kid out of DeSoto Parish? I thought he hadn't signed.
    He didn't, thought he was talking about what position he would play.

What's he got, one or two years left?
    I believe, 1.

Z

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    That has been Jay's stance since before he broke into talk radio.

He should be doing his 2016 recruiting class analysis any day now.
    And, here you go.

21 players signed.

Five of them were JUCO players and have since departed. Denarius Howard, Jarvis Jeffries, Trev Miller, Kevon Perry and Artez Williams. Miller was the only one, in my opinion, that really contributed BOTH years they were at UL. Four of them played a lot as seniors.

Of the remaining 16 signees, seven are no longer with the program.

Of the nine who remain, three really haven't seen the field much. (QB Jake Arceneaux, OL Kendall Baker and Akkai Ward).

That leaves six.
    I would consider three (Jacques Boudreaux, Raymond Calais and Trey Ragas) to be starters.

The other three (DL Tra'Vontae Booker, DB Blair Brooks, WR Calif Gossett) saw action during the season. We'll see if any of them move into a starting role next season.

Now.rate the class.

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    And, here you go.

21 players signed.

Five of them were JUCO players and have since departed. Denarius Howard, Jarvis Jeffries, Trev Miller, Kevon Perry and Artez Williams. Miller was the only one, in my opinion, that really contributed BOTH years they were at UL. Four of them played a lot as seniors.

Of the nine who remain, three really haven't seen the field much. (QB Jake Arceneaux, OL Kendall Baker and Akkai Ward).

That leaves six.
    I would consider three (Jacques Boudreaux, Raymond Calais and Trey Ragas) to be starters.

The other three (DL Tra'Vontae Booker, DB Blair Brooks, WR Calif Gossett) saw action during the season. We'll see if any of them move into a starting role next season.

Now.rate the class.
    You are peeing in everyone's Cheerios. I agree with you but people don't want no negativity around here.

And, here you go.

21 players signed.

That leaves six.

Now.rate the class.
    On a scale of 1-10, I would choose it as a 3.

13. Default Re: Official Ragin Cajun Football Early Signing Day Thread for 2018

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    On a scale of 1-10, I would choose it as a 3.
    That would be these three (3) Jacques Boudreaux, Raymond Calais and Trey Ragas

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    You are peeing in everyone's Cheerios. I agree with you but people don't want no negativity around here.
    Not being negative. Being real.

In every recruiting class, there is attrition. If you sign 25 and 15 make a significant contribution before they leave, that's one helluva class.

I believe 30% of our signees will never see their senior season. Why? Because that's the case in nearly every recruiting class at every school.

Now, let me end on a positive note:

I believe when all is said and done, we will have more contributors out of this class than any since.well.I can remember.

I'm excited. But I'm also realistic.

Not being negative. Being real.

In every recruiting class, there is attrition. If you sign 25 and 15 make a significant contribution before they leave, that's one helluva class.

I believe 30% of our signees will never see their senior season. Why? Because that's the case in nearly every recruiting class at every school.

Now, let me end on a positive note:

I believe when all is said and done, we will have more contributors out of this class than any since.well.I can remember.

I'm excited. But I'm also realistic.
    It's the nature of the beast there are only 22 position's (excluding special teams) and each year you add 25 players

In a 4 year cycle you can only utilize 22%-30% of your assets

Page 30 of 40 FirstFirst . 20 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 . LastLast

Thread Information