Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Football starters in 2019

Default Re: Football starters in 2019

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    He is a may grad guess they wanted someone to enroll in the spring
    Yes and DeWeaver is holding all the cards. He doesn't need to sign early while waiting on a few new offers.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Let me just add the best available today, DeWeaver has no offer above those conferences as well. And he signed with Michigan State out of high school. Bennett has 3 years to play, so UL will have a young QB to groom. The one thing he has going for him is he practiced against some of the best athletes in the SEC for one season. Even as a scout team QB, he faced superior talent to the SBC which will help in his development. As I stated before, he has all the tools for the job. But I'm not ready to anoint him the savior, only saying his has more tools than anyone on the roster right now.
    I really like what I saw on Bennett's JC videos as well. Run left or run right he still throws it well, good pocket presence, great downfield running allowing his blockers to help where possible. His throwing motion is unorthodox, but if he's accuracte, he can throw it from between his legs for all I care.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Here we go again. One of the Anti-Fields 3 at it again. Yll know who you are. Y'll just don't quit do you. He's coming here, it is obvious our coaches see something in him, so Please and give the kid a chance.
    Who are the other 2 I’ve not seen anyone suggest fields shouldn’t be offered to play here.

Anyone remember what happened when we brought in 2 highly touted juco QBs in Danny Depace and Jason Sanborn?

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Anyone remember what happened when we brought in 2 highly touted juco QBs in Danny Depace and Jason Sanborn?
    Ancient history...

Nope

Jake Delhomme happend, right?

Z

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealZeebart View Post
    Jake Delhomme happend, right?

Z
    Exactly. That’s what I’m getting at maybe one of the true freshman will be better. No one expected jake to start. You just never know.

Exactly. That’s what I’m getting at maybe one of the true freshman will be better. No one expected jake to start. You just never know.
    Competition is what we all want. Bennett only raises the bar in my opinion. Recruit good players and let them fight it out on the field.

Any chance we bring in a JUCO linebacker and defensive tackle?

Yeah.....someone else we recruited beat them out for the starting job

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Competition is what we all want. Bennett only raises the bar in my opinion. Recruit good players and let them fight it out on the field.
    It is unfortunate that Mitchell needed only 41 yards to reach 1,000 and got 26 yards on only 7 carries. I think our program could have gotten some nice pub with two 1,000 yard rushers next year, probably only one of a handful of schools to accomplish that.

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux View Post
    Any chance we bring in a JUCO linebacker and defensive tackle?
    A JC DT is on the list for possible signees Wednesday. I don't know anything about a LB.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Ancient history...
    ...about to be repeated.

Here's another name that came up with Bulldog and junior college. Intriguing:

https://247sports.com/player/logan-byrd-29473/

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/1147365...ddae0f6ca16d0b

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread Information