Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Football starters in 2019

1. UL Football Re: Football starters in 2019

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    Let's see what happens when they tee it up.
    Damn I thought this was a football thread, now it’s golf 🏌🏾_♀️

2. Default Re: Football starters in 2019

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Damn I thought this was a football thread, now it's golf 🏌🏾_♀️
    Can't let the T totalers get involved.

Default Re: Football starters in 2019

Quote Originally Posted by CoolCajun123 View Post
    So he committed to UL? Didn’t see it on 247
    Well, can't say I saw anyone sayStetson Bennett committed to ULbut there's a lot of hints, winks, and nods that he has.

Again, I really like his passing abilityvery quick release, very accurate even on long throws as the receivers rarely have to break stride. That often means touchdown instead of just a nice gain.

He has an unorthodox motion. Reminds me of Brett Favre. He slings it though.

Stetson Bennett sounds like a good quarterback.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post

Brett Favre-like works for me.

6. Default Re: Football starters in 2019

How does one SOUND like a good QB?

It’s a very quarterbackish name.

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    It’s a very quarterbackish name.
    That’s what I meant. QB name

9. Default Re: Football starters in 2019

That’s what I meant. QB name
    ✔️

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Didn't think you and some others would be, but I will take a chance on a kid that put up those type of numbers in HS and can actually throw the football down the field. What he does with his tools are entirely up to him, all athletes need development. The question is does he have the tools, his film answers that question. Napier will be able to coach this kid up.
    Watched his JC highlights. Biggest takeaways are his arm strength and his speed. When he decides to tuck and run, he's dangerous.

Worries me that he's never received offers above MAC, CUSA or SBC, and his 3 years eligibility could drive Fields elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Watched his JC highlights. Biggest takeaways are his arm strength and his speed. When he decides to tuck and run, he's dangerous.

Worries me that he's never received offers above MAC, CUSA or SBC, and his 3 years eligibility could drive Fields elsewhere.
    No one is beating down Fields door.

If he has 3 years of eligibility left and manages to be so good that he drives other qb's elsewhere, is that not really a good thing at the end of the day?

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfanatico View Post
    If he has 3 years of eligibility left and manages to be so good that he drives other qb's elsewhere, is that not really a good thing at the end of the day?
    If you are scared to compete with a former walk on you have no place in FBS football

I thought his JC video was impressive. Looked like he had the arm strength to throw something other than a back shoulder fade. Just like we one day hope to have a coach leave for greener pastures, let’s hope we have a QB transfer to another FCS program because he can’t see the field for us.
    Bottom line UL has never had too many good players. Hope at least one of these QBs works out.

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    I thought his JC video was impressive. Looked like he had the arm strength to throw something other than a back shoulder fade. Just like we one day hope to have a coach leave for greener pastures, let’s hope we have a QB transfer to another FCS program because he can’t see the field for us.
    Bottom line UL has never had too many good players. Hope at least one of these QBs works out.
    Didn't watch his JC video, but in his high school video he was not only making long throws accurately, he made plenty of them while scrambling out of the pocket. And when he ran, he was fast and elusive and let his blockers do their jobs instead of trying to outrun the pack. High school, but still.

I watched McDowell's film the other night and he made plenty of long throws but there were few where he hit the reciever in stride, most had to slow or alter their run to make the catch. Didn't seem to be the case with Bennett.

Time will tell. I'm with you, the more competition the better.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread Information