Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst . 32 39 40 41 42

Thread: Cure Bowl Final: Louisiana 24, Tulane 41

1. Default Re: Cure Bowl Final: Louisiana 24, Tulane 41

He was a wonderful caller when sports talk radio was building. Hap Glaudi was the absolute best. A yat with a Harvard mind. He innovated many important things in sport media. I can’t recall them, y’all will just have to believe.

He’s also the guy who recognized Ragin’Cajuns basketball as THE program with the horses 🐎

Default Re: Cure Bowl Final: Louisiana 24, Tulane 41

Never forget Hap on WWL TV with his Blue Plate Special" A point spread placed on an actual blue plate,

3. Default Re: Cure Bowl Final: Louisiana 24, Tulane 41

Believe me we don’t have the likes of Hap, and Jay Townsend locally today. Probably because locals can’t compete with ESPN, and Fox Sports. Local sport shows suffer everywhere nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Never forget Hap on WWL TV with his Blue Plate Special" A point spread placed on an actual blue plate,
    Hap always promoted his program and himself as "the man who never ducked a question." And to my knowledge, he never did. He also was an educated, experienced, and legendary boxing analyst.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Believe me we don’t have the likes of Hap, and Jay Townsend locally today. Probably because locals can’t compete with ESPN, and Fox Sports. Local sport shows suffer everywhere nowadays.
    I agree. Yesterday's broadcasters and talk show hosts were friendlier, more agreeable and geared their show to the callers' opinions. Today, hosts think they know everything and make their shows all about themselves.

Default Re: Bowl Game Thread: Louisiana vs. Tulane

Quote Originally Posted by Gueydanmike1969 View Post
    Yep. And for weeks after that call, I got loads of calls at my home in Gueydan from local LSWHO fans challenging me to a fight. I was in great shape back then, so I told many of them to make the fight a public event, charge admission, and donate the money to the winner's school for charity. There were no takers. Then one afternoon, while I was cold, wet, and nude after cleaning and gutting ducks after coming back from hunting, a strange car entered my driveway and a guy attired in LSWHO gear knocked at my door. I thought, "what the hell", let's have some fun." I grabbed a long, curved Italian knife that resembled a sword and put it sideways into my mouth, complete with blood-soaked hands, wearing no shirt and underwear, and opened the door. A big fat LSWHO fan with a tank top took one look at me and sprinted back to the car like the wussie he was. My wife heard all of the commotion and came running to the door with my shotgun. I then chased those LSWHO attired fans in their car with that knife still held by my teeth, duck blood dripping from my hands and the shotgun at the ready, back out my driveway and onto the street as they hurriedly spun away. That was 30 or 40 years ago and I've never had trouble with any La. A&M @ Baton Rouge fans since. Must have thought "Mike from Gueydan" was a serial killer!! Moral of the story: don't go messing with nude, bloody Ragin Cajun fans from Vermilion Parish or we gonna cut some Tiger fan @ss!
    Would have been great to get that on video.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Mike from Gueydan is my hero.
    Angeleast can attest to my legendary "craziness." I coached him at Gueydan High for four years. He was a fine athlete and young man. Angeleast played every game on both offense and defense, lining up with older, bigger and stronger players for the entire game. Gueydan, a small school, generally was lucky to have 18 players on the roster to start the season.

Quote Originally Posted by mahtoo View Post
    Would have been great to get that on video.
    I once heard that video of that encounter was being shown on Black Market Japanese XXX movie stations. They did not use my real name in the credits. Instead, I was known by my stage name, Tu Hung Lo.

I once heard that video of that encounter was being shown on Black Market Japanese XXX movie stations. They did not use my real name in the credits. Instead, I was known by my stage name, Tu Hung Lo.

10. Default Re: Bowl Game Thread: Louisiana vs. Tulane

Tu not "too"

Tu Hung Lo is better than One Hung Lo.

12. Default Re: Bowl Game Thread: Louisiana vs. Tulane

Tu Hung Lo is better than One Hung Lo.
    That would be Won Hung Lo

Yep. And for weeks after that call, I got loads of calls at my home in Gueydan from local LSWHO fans challenging me to a fight. I was in great shape back then, so I told many of them to make the fight a public event, charge admission, and donate the money to the winner's school for charity. There were no takers. Then one afternoon, while I was cold, wet, and nude after cleaning and gutting ducks after coming back from hunting, a strange car entered my driveway and a guy attired in LSWHO gear knocked at my door. I thought, "what the hell", let's have some fun." I grabbed a long, curved Italian knife that resembled a sword and put it sideways into my mouth, complete with blood-soaked hands, wearing no shirt and underwear, and opened the door. A big fat LSWHO fan with a tank top took one look at me and sprinted back to the car like the wussie he was. My wife heard all of the commotion and came running to the door with my shotgun. I then chased those LSWHO attired fans in their car with that knife still held by my teeth, duck blood dripping from my hands and the shotgun at the ready, back out my driveway and onto the street as they hurriedly spun away. That was 30 or 40 years ago and I've never had trouble with any La. A&M @ Baton Rouge fans since. Must have thought "Mike from Gueydan" was a serial killer!! Moral of the story: don't go messing with nude, bloody Ragin Cajun fans from Vermilion Parish or we gonna cut some Tiger fan @ss!
    Amen Coach!!!! Your were the real Cajun Scar face/ Don Corleone of the Anti lspoop, Gueydan league Association!!!!

Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst . 32 39 40 41 42

Thread Information