Page 41 of 42 FirstFirst . 31 38 39 40 41 42 LastLast

Thread: Cure Bowl Final: Louisiana 24, Tulane 41

Default Re: Bowl Game Thread: Louisiana vs. Tulane

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Boomer, you were the player of the week in World War I?
    He is 120 years old . The waters of the vermilion is the fountain of youth

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Next year might be tougher to win 6 games It's extremely rare especially at this level for Freshman to come in and dominate
    We lost very few senior contributors. The players we have now will Improve. A couple of freshman will contribute. A JC player or 2 will be solid contributors. Even if the level QB play says relatively close to this year, we are an improved team with an easier schedule.

Default Re: Cure Bowl Final: Louisiana 24, Tulane 41

Quote Originally Posted by HOUCajun View Post
    We lost very few senior contributors. The players we have now will Improve. A couple of freshman will contribute. A JC player or 2 will be solid contributors. Even if the level QB play says relatively close to this year, we are an improved team with an easier schedule.
    The schedule is not a walk in the park, and we still lack talent and depth at key position on defense. We will be improved, but no win will be a sure thing. Ohio will return a QB who threw 22 td and a RB that went for over 1k yards then you add Liberty who gets Hue who is a dam good coach both will be a lot better than people think

The schedule is not a walk in the park, and we still lack talent and depth at key position on defense. We will be improved, but no win will be a sure thing. Ohio will return a QB who threw 22 td and a RB that went for over 1k yards then you add Liberty who gets Hue who is a dam good coach both will be a lot better than people think
    Not worried about a new coach at liberty. Freeze is not some coaching virtuoso. Ohio will be a tough matchup but is the type of game we need to win. I expect us to win 7+ next year based on what is returning and coming in.

Quote Originally Posted by HOUCajun View Post
    Not worried about a new coach at liberty. Freeze is not some coaching virtuoso. Ohio will be a tough matchup but is the type of game we need to win. I expect us to win 7+ next year based on what is returning and coming in.
    the type of season we will have will all depend on how Linebackers play

6. Default Re: Bowl Game Thread: Louisiana vs. Tulane

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Boomer, you were the player of the week in World War I?
    ----I even thought about changing that but too lazy---and yes very funny!!!! lol

We were weak at LB this year and did OK. For next year we will go as far as the offense can take us. As has been stated many times before one recruiting class is not going to fix this defense, so we will have to outscore teams.
    Basically we switched Ohio for Alabama, Liberty for NMST and get the top 2 SBC teams at home. Next year is the time to make a statement.

Wouldnt you say its more dependent on our QB? As far as who it is and how he plays?

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    Wouldnt you say its more dependent on our QB? As far as who it is and how he plays?
    Not necessarily at worst we pound the rock and have a game manager in lewis much like this year even with a better QB we will still be a run first team because of our poor defense.(hopefully extending plays with good throws)

If you go back a few years and look at what a great linebacker like otha peters does to your defense you understand how important they are.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Bowl Game Thread: Louisiana vs. Tulane

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Ha, when you said Mitchell was better than Hodson Hap nearly swallowed his false teeth. That was the single best call in talk sports history.

And you're right, immediately after that the Purple Pisz lovers started calling over the heresy they'd just heard on that 50K watt radio cannon. Those were the golden years of talk radio.
    Yep. And for weeks after that call, I got loads of calls at my home in Gueydan from local LSWHO fans challenging me to a fight. I was in great shape back then, so I told many of them to make the fight a public event, charge admission, and donate the money to the winner's school for charity. There were no takers. Then one afternoon, while I was cold, wet, and nude after cleaning and gutting ducks after coming back from hunting, a strange car entered my driveway and a guy attired in LSWHO gear knocked at my door. I thought, "what the hell", let's have some fun." I grabbed a long, curved Italian knife that resembled a sword and put it sideways into my mouth, complete with blood-soaked hands, wearing no shirt and underwear, and opened the door. A big fat LSWHO fan with a tank top took one look at me and sprinted back to the car like the wussie he was. My wife heard all of the commotion and came running to the door with my shotgun. I then chased those LSWHO attired fans in their car with that knife still held by my teeth, duck blood dripping from my hands and the shotgun at the ready, back out my driveway and onto the street as they hurriedly spun away. That was 30 or 40 years ago and I've never had trouble with any La. A&M @ Baton Rouge fans since. Must have thought "Mike from Gueydan" was a serial killer!! Moral of the story: don't go messing with nude, bloody Ragin Cajun fans from Vermilion Parish or we gonna cut some Tiger fan @ss!

Not necessarily at worst we pound the rock and have a game manager in lewis much like this year even with a better QB we will still be a run first team because of our poor defense.
    I get what your saying but even with a great defense we should be a run first team with all the backs we have and OL returning.

12. Default Re: Cure Bowl Final: Louisiana 24, Tulane 41

😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by Gueydanmike1969 View Post
    Yep. And for weeks after that call, I got loads of calls at my home in Gueydan from local LSWHO fans challenging me to a fight. I was in great shape back then, so I told many of them to make the fight a public event, charge admission, and donate the money to the winner's school for charity. There were no takers. Then one afternoon, while I was cold, wet, and nude after cleaning and gutting ducks after coming back from hunting, a strange car entered my driveway and a guy attired in LSWHO gear knocked at my door. I thought, "what the hell", let's have some fun." I grabbed a long, curved Italian knife that resembled a sword and put it sideways into my mouth, complete with blood-soaked hands, wearing no shirt and underwear, and opened the door. A big fat LSWHO fan with a tank top took one look at me and sprinted back to the car like the wussie he was. My wife heard all of the commotion and came running to the door with my shotgun. I then chased those LSWHO attired fans in their car with that knife still held by my teeth, duck blood dripping from my hands and the shotgun at the ready, back out my driveway and onto the street as they hurriedly spun away. That was 30 or 40 years ago and I never had trouble with any La. A&M @ Baton Rouge fans since. Must have thought "Mike from Gueydan" was a serial killer!! Moral of the story: don't go messing with nude, bloody Ragin Cajun fans from Vermilion Parish or we gonna cut some Tiger fan @ss!
    That has to be one of the best posts ever placed on this forum. If I had seen that after knocking on your door I probably would have left quickly myself, and I am a Cajun fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    That has to be one of the best posts ever placed on this forum. If I had seen that after knocking on your door I probably would have left quickly myself, and I am a Cajun fan.
    And I ain't that pretty naked, either!

15. Default Re: Bowl Game Thread: Louisiana vs. Tulane

Quote Originally Posted by Gueydanmike1969 View Post
    Yep. And for weeks after that call, I got loads of calls at my home in Gueydan from local LSWHO fans challenging me to a fight. I was in great shape back then, so I told many of them to make the fight a public event, charge admission, and donate the money to the winner's school for charity. There were no takers. Then one afternoon, while I was cold, wet, and nude after cleaning and gutting ducks after coming back from hunting, a strange car entered my driveway and a guy attired in LSWHO gear knocked at my door. I thought, "what the hell", let's have some fun." I grabbed a long, curved Italian knife that resembled a sword and put it sideways into my mouth, complete with blood-soaked hands, wearing no shirt and underwear, and opened the door. A big fat LSWHO fan with a tank top took one look at me and sprinted back to the car like the wussie he was. My wife heard all of the commotion and came running to the door with my shotgun. I then chased those LSWHO attired fans in their car with that knife still held by my teeth, duck blood dripping from my hands and the shotgun at the ready, back out my driveway and onto the street as they hurriedly spun away. That was 30 or 40 years ago and I've never had trouble with any La. A&M @ Baton Rouge fans since. Must have thought "Mike from Gueydan" was a serial killer!! Moral of the story: don't go messing with nude, bloody Ragin Cajun fans from Vermilion Parish or we gonna cut some Tiger fan @ss!
    Mike from Gueydan is my hero.

Page 41 of 42 FirstFirst . 31 38 39 40 41 42 LastLast

Thread Information