Page 1 of 33 1 2 3 4 11 . LastLast

Thread: MBB G11 Final: Louisiana 62 Tech 83

1. UL Basketball MBB G11 Final: Louisiana 62 Tech 83

We're not going to be as tall or big as the Bulldogs.

Here's the Tech roster site

https://latechsports.com/roster.aspx.18&sort=height

I'm gonna say that's not always important. For ya younger guys Jacksonville had the twin towers one NBA great Artis Gilmore. They came into the championship game with lots of hype. UCLA out rebound them, outplayed them, naturally out coached and won the NCAA title with nobody over 6'8".

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artis_Gilmore

And this

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cit.m/amp/70212718

UL Basketball Re: LTU vs Louisiana

So that's where Kalob Ledoux ended up at. Sitting this year. His twin Jacob followed Scott Farmer to UTPB.

Ellie's tack doesn't stand a chance. Cajuns will run them out of the dome.

We'll be watching from Orlando.

Default Re: LTU vs Louisiana

According to the barf forum their preferred named is L.A. tech. I hope we grant them the same courtesy they afford us when we visit them in Ruston.

My preferred name for them is LA tech University at Ruston Downtown but Elle Aye tech is fine

Nm

Quote Originally Posted by Jeaux View Post
    My preferred name for them is LA tech University at Ruston Downtown but Elle Aye tech is fine
    Minor correction there Jeaux. Their influence reaches all the way to the water tower on I-20.

6. Default Re: LTU vs Louisiana

According to the barf forum their preferred named is L.A. tech. I hope we grant them the same courtesy they afford us when we visit them in Ruston.

That’s about as dumb as it gets, but L.A. Tech it is, amazingly they rarely play in L.A.

7. Default Re: LTU vs Louisiana

That might be the first time I have seen their name with Louisiana written out. Really looks strange.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    That might be the first time I have seen their name with Louisiana written out. Really looks strange.
    Their water tower could use a good painting. Look at that unsightly mold growing underneath.

While the photo of their water tower on Ruston's Wiki page is hard to beat, the author still managed to outdo himself by tossing in this ditty:

"In 1938, an African-American 19-year old named R.C. Williams was accused of killing a white man and assaulting a white woman. A crowd captured the young man and tortured him with hot pokers before hanging him from a tree in a lynching. A grand jury ruled that there was insufficient evidence to press charges against any of the perpetrators."

What Wiki page is complete without details of the ghastly murder committed against an African-American in a town in the deep south?

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfanatico View Post
    Their water tower could use a good painting. Look at that unsightly mold growing underneath.

While the photo of their water tower on Ruston's Wiki page is hard to beat, the author still managed to outdo himself by tossing in this ditty:

"In 1938, an African-American 19-year old named R.C. Williams was accused of killing a white man and assaulting a white woman. A crowd captured the young man and tortured him with hot pokers before hanging him from a tree in a lynching. A grand jury ruled that there was insufficient evidence to press charges against any of the perpetrators."

What Wiki page is complete without details of the ghastly murder committed against an African-American in a town in the deep south?
    It's fitting for Ruston because it's still stuck in the 1930s. But not in the cool nostalgia 30s like Natchitoches, but the poor corrupt rural Winfield from the Long era

11. Default Re: LTU vs Louisiana

It's fitting for Ruston because it's still stuck in the 1930s. But not in the cool nostalgia 30s like Natchitoches, but the poor corrupt rural Winfield from the Long era
    So what will we be called on their scoreboard when we play there???

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    So what will we be called on their scoreboard when we play there???
    Winner.

13. Default Re: LTU vs Louisiana

Winners

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    We're not going to be as tall or big as the Bulldogs.

Here's the Tech roster site

https://latechsports.com/roster.aspx.18&sort=height

I'm gonna say that's not always important. For ya younger guys Jacksonville had the twin towers one NBA great Artis Gilmore. They came into the championship game with lots of hype. UCLA out rebound them, outplayed them, naturally out coached and won the NCAA title with nobody over 6'8".

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artis_Gilmore

And this

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cit.m/amp/70212718
    Of the top 7 guys who average 20 minutes or more, they only have two guys who are 6'7" and 6'8" each. They really won't have any height advantage on us whatsoever in terms of their major minutes guys.

We have lost 2 of our captains/starting guards for the season, so you guys should be heavy favorites in this one.

Page 1 of 33 1 2 3 4 11 . LastLast

Thread Information