Thread: New Orleans Bowl on vacation in Orlando

Default New Orleans Bowl on vacation in Orlando

Default Re: New Orleans Bowl on vacation in Orlando

I’m sure the New Orleans Bowl Commitee isn’t too happy right now

Good read and so true.

Great article

I posted the link to this article on the SBC Forum. Should be a fun thread to sit back and watch.

Really good read I wish I didn’t have to go to Orlando but I’ll be in that number

5 top crowds in the entire history of the NO Bowl when the Cajuns were participating. Pretty much sez it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Soldier View Post
    Really good read I wish I didn’t have to go to Orlando but I’ll be in that number
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post
    I posted the link to this article on the SBC Forum. Should be a fun thread to sit back and watch.
    SBC has a message board?

Tech should not be mention in the same breath as us when talking about NOLA Bowl crowds.

Quote Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post
    For a variety of reasons, Chiefsfan drives me crazy. But the biggest reason is that he doesn't know the proper of usage of "then" and "than", and constantly switches them. Example:

"If we allowed only our Louisiana teams to fill the NOLA bowl, than teams like App/GS/Troy/AState are constantly left filling the Alabama based bowls, and don't get a chance to play different teams."

If I could post there I'd post that pic of the tat: A love thicker then blood

Someone do me a favor and post the pic, here's the link. https://www.analyticalgrammar.com/wp.then_blood.jpg

Quote his post and THAN post only the pic. He'll never figure it out, the numbnut. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Good read and so true.
    I loved this part:

"El Aye Tech, is not a worthy opponent for another conference's champion, having finished third in its division"

&

"So here's hoping the Ragin' Cajuns win the Sun Belt next year or El Aye Tech gets better and rises closer to the top of CUSA"

All of this very public on Sports Illustrated! Very sweet.

La Tech will still be collecting its pennies for the next few years to recoup all of the money they are going to lose on the Hawaii Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfanatico View Post
    Chiefsfan [says]:

"If we allowed only our Louisiana teams to fill the NOLA bowl, than teams like App/GS/Troy/AState are constantly left filling the Alabama based bowls, and don't get a chance to play different teams."
    The other teams can go to the New Orleans Bowl if we are not bowl eligible. The massive crowds are a good look for the entire Sun Belt and it separates and elevates the entire league. Our attendance and impact on the New Orleans Bowl has obviously been noticed by Sport Illustrated. It is also cool that Sports Illustrated considered the New Orleans Bowl (at least when we played in it) the kick-off to the Bowl season. The other Sun Belt teams should be happy for this exposure and not demand changes at the expense of the conference. When App. State, Georgia Southern, Troy and/or stAte can bring 35,000 plus fans to any bowl game, then we can listen to their cries of unfairness. Until then . . . a full stadium in the New Orleans Bowl is a good look for the whole conference and Sports Illustrated (for one) has noticed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bankruptcyman View Post
    The other teams can go to the New Orleans Bowl if we are not bowl eligible. The massive crowds are a good look for the entire Sun Belt and it separates and elevates the entire league. Our attendance and impact on the New Orleans Bowl has obviously been noticed by Sport Illustrated. It is also cool that Sports Illustrated considered the New Orleans Bowl (at least when we played in it) the kick-off to the Bowl season. The other Sun Belt teams should be happy for this exposure and not demand changes at the expense of the conference. When App. State, Georgia Southern, Troy and/or stAte can bring 35,000 plus fans to any bowl game, then we can listen to their cries of unfairness. Until then . . . a full stadium in the New Orleans Bowl is a good look for the whole conference and Sports Illustrated (for one) has noticed.
    Agreed

The "perception" of fairness to the conference champion will cost the bowl and the conference dearly at the ticket booth

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information