Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5

Thread: Frontier Friday Flight SOLD OUT

Default Re: Frontier Friday Flight SOLD OUT

Any of you baws supposed to be on this flight?

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    Any of you baws supposed to be on this flight?
    Yes. Me and about 100 other Cajuns fans. We’re a group of 8. We rented 2 minivans one way to Orlando. ETA 7:30am. Geaux Cajuns.

4. Default Re: Frontier Friday Flight SOLD OUT

$100 flight round trip kind of reminds me of the oilfield. Not enough money in the fare to cover cost of fuel, employees, repairs and all of the costs associated with operations. You push this too far and things like this happen. While with the oilfield it's the opposite from a control standpoint (operators are deciding what the service providers will get, but airlines are deciding what they will receive from their customers), the same effect on the company providing the service is in play.

The operators have been putting it on the service companies going on 5 years now, but expect the same great services and products they received when things were blowing and going. The whole service industry is approaching a pivotal time where there will be no turning back. The operators who have been lining their pockets for the past couple of years need to wake up. One can only squeeze so much blood out of the turnip. It can't go on like this for much longer. Equipment will fail. Products will not perform. Providers are going under. It's coming faster than they think.

Rant over.

Back to supporting the Cajuns on a great Cure Bowl performance.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Anybody remember what our games vs. Tulane in the SuperDome were like back then? The tailgating party in the SuperDome was the best. We need to recreate that for the Miss State game next year.
    Highlight of my college days!

Dang, glad the one out of Lafayette had no issues

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    $100 flight round trip kind of reminds me of the oilfield. Not enough money in the fare to cover cost of fuel, employees, repairs and all of the costs associated with operations. You push this too far and things like this happen. While with the oilfield it's the opposite from a control standpoint (operators are deciding what the service providers will get, but airlines are deciding what they will receive from their customers), the same effect on the company providing the service is in play.

The operators have been putting it on the service companies going on 5 years now, but expect the same great services and products they received when things were blowing and going. The whole service industry is approaching a pivotal time where there will be no turning back. The operators who have been lining their pockets for the past couple of years need to wake up. One can only squeeze so much blood out of the turnip. It can't go on like this for much longer. Equipment will fail. Products will not perform. Providers are going under. It's coming faster than they think.

Rant over.

Back to supporting the Cajuns on a great Cure Bowl performance.
    You are probably right about some providers to the energy industry going out of business. However, operators in the Gulf Coast area can't survive with increased costs. Projects just can't compete with those in West Texas. That is why I have trouble seeing things in the local economy anytime soon. That has a direct effect on Cajun athletics as well. As far as the Frontier flight getting canceled, I hope most of them found their way to Orlando.

Quote Originally Posted by oldwiseone33 View Post
    Dang, glad the one out of Lafayette had no issues
    Working on 36 hours without sleep. 6am flight tomorrow will come quick. Gonna try to stay up to watch basketball tonight. Geaux Cajuns.

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    Working on 36 hours without sleep. 6am flight tomorrow will come quick. Gonna try to stay up to watch basketball tonight. Geaux Cajuns.
    I hope you decided to get some sleep instead. 😡

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5

Thread Information