Thread: Parrott Blog: Baseball Game Day for Miami University at UL

Default Parrott Blog: Baseball Game Day for Miami University at UL

My blog with probable starting pitchers and probable starting lineups with story links and various notes for this weekend's series with Miami University:

http://www.theadvertiser.com/apps/pb.Id=personaDest

Default Re: Parrott Blog: Baseball Game Day for Miami University at UL

Any predictions from the weather man? Saturday doubleheader in the cards maybe?

Remember that rain isn't going to be a big problem with the new artificial turf. My guess is that they will do everything possible to get today's game played. Waiting to hear back from Robe as we speak.

Quote Originally Posted by Parrott View Post
    _ Remember that rain isn't going to be a big problem with the new artificial turf. My guess is that they will do everything possible to get today's game played. Waiting to hear back from Robe as we speak. _
    Of course, but if its coming down in buckets all night its gonna be tough to get it in. Always kills attendance too naturally.

5. Default Re: Parrott Blog: Baseball Game Day for Miami University at UL

Doesn't look good

Quote Originally Posted by Parrott View Post
    _ Remember that rain isn't going to be a big problem with the new artificial turf. My guess is that they will do everything possible to get today's game played. Waiting to hear back from Robe as we speak. _
    I would not be shocked if he decided to postpone tonight's game until tomorrow and then play a double-header.

He might, but coach hates double headers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ned Clampett View Post
    _ He might, but coach hates double headers. _
    As much as people hate sitting in the rain after an inning or two of play waiting over an hour for the rain to stop?

I'll suffer, but many (or most) wont. I was at the FAU series last year and the WKU one a few years back (I think 07 when it was near freezing and raining. I think that was our first home loss too that year, lol.)

I will be there as well. You are talking about the WKU series in 07 I believe. Played two in the sleet on the Saturday bofore Easter because the threat of bad weather on Sunday. Mine was the last a@@ chipped off the bleachers down third base line that day. Sunday was beautiful as I recall.

Last years Nebraska series was another one. Seemed like two weeks.

Friday's game postponed. Doubleheader starting Saturday at 2 p.m., according to the school.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRed View Post
    I would not be shocked if he decided to postpone tonight's game until tomorrow and then play a double-header.

igeaux.mobi

Thread Information