Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread: The 2018 AutoNation Cure Bowl

Default The 2018 AutoNation Cure Bowl

Figured I would move forward and get this conversation going. Who do you think we will face? Who would you like to see most?

Default Re: The 2018 AutoNation Cure Bowl

No doubt an AAC team. Just curious as to who it will be. It would be fun to face a USF, Cincinnati, or Temple.

Karl Benson heavily hinted it's Tulane, so I'm assuming Tulane.

Quote Originally Posted by BrockMeaux View Post
    I did not hear that. It would be a big recruiting tool one way or the other. As I've stated in other threads, outside of Tech, I'd like to face someone new.

Quote Originally Posted by BrockMeaux View Post
    Well, if we couldn't play in the NO Bowl I would rather we play a better team than Tulane. But this game is a reward for our players and staff for their hard work. They earned it and so I will enjoy a win over Tulane as the consolation prize!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Well, if we couldn't play in the NO Bowl I would rather we play a better team than Tulane. But this game is a reward for our players and staff for their hard work. They earned it and so I will enjoy a win over Tulane as the consolation prize!
    This too! I'd rather face a higher perceived program than Tulane.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    Figured I would move forward and get this conversation going. Who do you think we will face? Who would you like to see most?
    Don't really care, as long as we win.

Here's an article talking about the AAC bowl-bound team pecking order.

As for which American Athletic Conference schools will be pitted against programs from Power-Five conferences (SEC, ACC, Big 12, Big 10, Pac-12) when bowl pairings are officially announced Sunday (Dec. 2) on ESPN, the Green Wave will be slotted below Central Florida, Cincinnati, Temple and Memphis, according to conference commissioner Mike Aresco.

The commissioner said bowls against Power-Five programs are rewards for the teams that won the most games.

The conference wants to create the best matchups for potential wins against those highly regarded leagues, he said.

For a league that brands itself as being part of the “Power Six,” that line of thinking makes sense.

Tulane (6-6 overall, 5-3 AAC) ranks seventh among bowl-eligible teams from the conference in overall wins.

Considering this, you’re more likely to see Tulane face a school from Conference USA or the Sun Belt either in Florida at the Cure Bowl in Orlando or at the Boca Raton Bowl, or at the Frisco Bowl near Dallas.

Bowl executives for both the Boca Raton Bowl and the Orlando-based Cure Bowl said they’ve had discussions about hosting Tulane. The Cure Bowl will host the loser of the Sun Belt championship between Louisiana-Lafayette and Appalachian State, so the possibility of an all-Louisiana game in Orlando exists.

https://www.nola.com/tulane/2018/12/.rt_river_index

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfanatico View Post
    Here's an article talking about the AAC bowl-bound team pecking order.

As for which American Athletic Conference schools will be pitted against programs from Power-Five conferences (SEC, ACC, Big 12, Big 10, Pac-12) when bowl pairings are officially announced Sunday (Dec. 2) on ESPN, the Green Wave will be slotted below Central Florida, Cincinnati, Temple and Memphis, according to conference commissioner Mike Aresco.

The commissioner said bowls against Power-Five programs are rewards for the teams that won the most games.

The conference wants to create the best matchups for potential wins against those highly regarded leagues, he said.

For a league that brands itself as being part of the “Power Six,” that line of thinking makes sense.

Tulane (6-6 overall, 5-3 AAC) ranks seventh among bowl-eligible teams from the conference in overall wins.

Considering this, you’re more likely to see Tulane face a school from Conference USA or the Sun Belt either in Florida at the Cure Bowl in Orlando or at the Boca Raton Bowl, or at the Frisco Bowl near Dallas.

Bowl executives for both the Boca Raton Bowl and the Orlando-based Cure Bowl said they’ve had discussions about hosting Tulane. The Cure Bowl will host the loser of the Sun Belt championship between Louisiana-Lafayette and Appalachian State, so the possibility of an all-Louisiana game in Orlando exists.

https://www.nola.com/tulane/2018/12/.rt_river_index
    Sounds like it will be Tulane.

Sounds like it will be Tulane.
    They are not excited over on Ye Olde Green Wave. We need to get pumped up and skull drag those weenies.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    They are not excited over on Ye Olde Green Wave. We need to get pumped up and skull drag those weenies.
    Big recruiting game! Let the name game battle begin! The name police on both sides will be in full force!

Big recruiting game! Let the name game battle begin! The name police on both sides will be in full force!
    Well, lately they can call us "Daddy".

i just dont want to play tulanr because we have played them recently and we have a home and home coming up

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread Information