Page 49 of 52 FirstFirst ... 39 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 LastLast

Thread: 2018 FB G13: Louisiana 19, App State 30

Default Re: FB G13 Final Louisiana 19, App State 30

The difference is their stadium is smaller, so the optics aren’t nearly as bad.

47 and raining is mild weather up there. Even with that weather we would have had a better crowd if we were 9-2 and hosting.

Game was a sell out, the App student section carried the day, it was full and then some...

If we can't draw a 20k+crowd for ark state or homecoming, what the hell makes you thinkwe would do any better?

Everyone had to purchase tickets on a week's notice and make travel/work plans. It not like it's included in the season ticket package. The stadium wasn't full yesterday like the game in October, but I was very impressed with the student turnout and intensity for the entire game. App state has a first class student section.
    If y'all think Cajun Field would have had as many people yesterday for that game, regardless of record, I'd like a little of what you're smoking.

14,963. That’s the official attendance for the game. Yes Cajun field would have more if we were 9-2 hosting a conf champ. I don’t know where sellout is coming from, I saw plenty of bleachers on Espn.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    14,963. That’s the official attendance for the game. Yes Cajun field would have more if we were 9-2 hosting a conf champ. I don’t know where sellout is coming from, I saw plenty of bleachers on Espn.
    Tickets sold...
    You're assumption of attendance at CF being any better is BS

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    47 and raining is mild weather up there. Even with that weather we would have had a better crowd if we were 9-2 and hosting.
    No we wouldn't have. Our students would have stayed home. We have NEVER had a student section like they have. They have traditions here that we just cant touch. There 14k was louder than I have heard Cajun field, with very few exceptions.

Our fanbase would be complaining about parking prices or whatever else they wanted to use as an excuse that day.

Quote Originally Posted by billbeck451 View Post
    Can app afford the fine for the fans on the field
    It was announced that the field would be open after the game...as it is after many of their home games, especially on SR.Day

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    No we wouldn't have. Our students would have stayed home. We have NEVER had a student section like they have. They have traditions here that we just cant touch. There 14k was louder than I have heard Cajun field, with very few exceptions.

Our fanbase would be complaining about parking prices or whatever else they wanted to use as an excuse that day.
    One word: tradition. You said it. Especially a winning tradition. We must establish that before we can hope for widespread support for our program. There have been far too many up-&-down cycles (and especially too many down times) to really establish a solid tradition. I definitely think we could do it. In the "olden" days (ok, old guy alert!), people used to go just to support their school & their fellow student-athletes. That was nearly all schools. My first football semester ('73), the team went 0-10. But student attendance, and generally total attendance, was much higher than this year. Of course, we'd leave after the band's halftime show and go party. Times have changed. Not sure we'll get back to that support with all the "distractions" now. I think winning big and sustaining it would go a long ways to help.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginFan2 View Post
    One word: tradition. You said it. Especially a winning tradition. We must establish that before we can hope for widespread support for our program. There have been far too many up-&-down cycles (and especially too many down times) to really establish a solid tradition. I definitely think we could do it. In the "olden" days (ok, old guy alert!), people used to go just to support their school & their fellow student-athletes. That was nearly all schools. My first football semester ('73), the team went 0-10. But student attendance, and generally total attendance, was much higher than this year. Of course, we'd leave after the band's halftime show and go party. Times have changed. Not sure we'll get back to that support with all the "distractions" now. I think winning big and sustaining it would go a long ways to help.
    App state is also a lot more similar to us in the 70s a small regional university with cheap tuition...the type of student that come to UL have a different mindset than those just 10 years ago
    .... It's no longer a party school

The App students were very engaged at the game, stand all the time, loud, they drove the atmosphere yesterday. Game management/espn did a good job of that. During time outs mostly it was video of students being shown on the tron. I wouldn't care if we copy cat everything they do, because they do it right....and besides winning, the attitude on campus for students and alumni is, "Today, I give my all for Appilachian State"

12. Default Re: FB G13 Final Louisiana 19, App State 30

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Game was a sell out, the App student section carried the day, it was full and then some...

If we can't draw a 20k+crowd for ark state or homecoming, what the hell makes you thinkwe would do any better?
    Homecoming ain’t 9/2 and playing for the first inaugural championship. The vibe is just started on this program.

Additionally we’re still in a recession in Lafayette.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Homecoming ain’t 9/2 and playing for the first inaugural championship. The vibe is just started on this program.

Additionally we’re still in a recession in Lafayette.
    Recession or not, I can’t imagine the economy in Boone, N.C. being any better than Lafayette, LA.

Default Re: Championship Thread: Louisiana vs App State

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Yes a very good thing
    I don't think we're going to have anyone coming in fresh off the street aside from a grad transfer who will be talented enough to just be given the reigns and go with it over a guy who has 3 years in our system. Not saying that I'm endorsing Lewis but we don't get many Trevor Lawrence's or Tua's around here to just insert and get better play. Based on what we have scheduled to come in via recruiting, I'll take the guy with experience at this point.

15. UL Football Re: FB G13 Final Louisiana 19, App State 30

We'd have more than 15K with the parameters listed. I'm offering why we're also not drawing 30K. Our program hasn't had nearly as successful a history. They don't have a football titan about an hour away. I'm just saying ya can't compare them because it's truly apples and oranges, but we'd have put more than 15K actual butts in the stadium yesterday with the weak history, and current record.

Page 49 of 52 FirstFirst ... 39 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 LastLast

Thread Information