Page 51 of 52 FirstFirst . 41 48 49 50 51 52 LastLast

Thread: 2018 FB G13: Louisiana 19, App State 30

Default Re: FB G13 Final Louisiana 19, App State 30

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    For anyone who thinks the Boone economy has something to do with App attendance.Lots of $10 to $15 an hour jobs in the mountains, $30k a year is "good money" as they say.However, the school is basically it's largest employer. There is a huge alumni population in Charlotte, those are your 75k and up jobs. I keep asking myself why some of you guys can't understand the issues involved with attendance. Yea, some of it is the economy, but it gets tiresome hearing about the Lafayette economy when this latest OF collapse is the 3rd since the early 80s.look, I'm unemployed and over 60.the last thing I'm blaming on my plight is the economy. There's been bad and horrible local economies across the land while Lafayette was riding high.hell, I moved to NC 23 years ago, if it's no good in Lafayette for you, move. Lafayette is also a medical hub, technology, and banking hub.those businesses aren't suffering are they?
    That's what I was trying to say. I don't think the economy in Lafayette has very much to do with our drop in attendance.

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    That's what I was trying to say. I don't think the economy in Lafayette has very much to do with our drop in attendance.
    It doesn't. It's just the favorite excuse around here.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    So I am guessing neither Gibson nor Blazek will be on scholarship next season. If we have Lewis, the two Fr QB 's and a JUCO coming in, we are back to 4 QBs on scholly which Napier has already said is less than ideal.
    5 Jake is still on scholly currently

Quote Originally Posted by Localyokel View Post
    It doesn't. It's just the favorite excuse around here.
    I don't either, but it certainly part of the problem when you consider the cost increase in tickets, fees, parking across the board. I also don't buy that it's just because the increase in cost across the board either, all of sudden people revolt this year on the cost after losing? Not buying that either.

5. Default Re: FB G13 Final Louisiana 19, App State 30

When there is an economic change of the likes Acadiana experienced, people tend to get economical for a bit before deciding there are extracurriculars they can still afford.

A lesser economy if stable, can outperform a stronger economy while it reevaluates its priorities.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    5 Jake is still on scholly currently
    I was already counting his scholly as going away.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    I agree with you, the Boone has something to do with the App attendance, as much as it's location. First, outside of hunting, fishing, hiking or rafting, there is nothing to do in Boone, NC. App State sports, football specifically is the only game in town. While there might be a huge alumni population in Charlotte, what percentage of those fans are driving hours in to Boone to watch App. State football? Sounds like a lot of speculation on your part, without very little to back it up.

The bottom line is, Boone NC and Lafayette, La. are miles apart in culture and population. There is no major university within hours of Boone NC. We are located 50 miles from the LSU campus in Baton Rouge. We have cultural activities almost weekly in South Louisiana in addition to hunting and fishing traditions of many families. The battle for the almighty entertainment dollar is more difficult when the job growth for the Lafayette area the past year has been a -1.0 %.

I've been back and forth to the Raleigh- Durham area for two years now. I've driven to Chapel Hill and Winston- Salem and Boone NC seems like light years away from any of those areas socially and economically. There is no comparison between the Lafayette market and Boone, NC.
    The population of Boone Is 17000. Unless everyone in town is going to the game, they are getting lots of alumni from surrounding areas. This is all about tradition and little to do with better things to do. Lafayette fans fell off the bandwagon, plain and simple. Win and they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by CrappDaddy View Post
    The population of Boone Is 17000. Unless everyone in town is going to the game, they are getting lots of alumni from surrounding areas. This is all about tradition and little to do with better things to do. Lafayette fans fell off the bandwagon, plain and simple. Win and they will come.
    So what you are saying is App State that also has a student enrollment of 17,017 is also most of the town's population? LOL!!!! As I said, it's the only game in town, regardless of how many are driving in to games, just like Ruston and Troy, Alabama.

IMHO: There's certainly less discretionary income in the Acadiana regional economy due to loss of higher paying oil field related jobs. Healthcare and banking are stable but not generating high job growth as in past due to heightened regulatory environment. Will continue seeing consolidation in both industries. Lafayette is HQ to some major players in both banking and healthcare and that bodes well for us. However neither industry can totally offset the income those energy sector jobs in our economy. Still, we just need to win and consistently promote Cajun football on a regional basis, beyond Acadiana. Season tickets and butts in the seats will follow. Most of the time people will not take the initiative to purchase a discretionary item. Often, we only need to be asked (sometimes more than once)before we buy a product or service.

App State's fan base is special. They are the best fanbase I have been around, ever. People were extremely hospitable. Everyone offered food and drinks. Not one fan taunted, but they did have the friendly banter. I walked about a mile through campus to get to my car after the game, and everyone was nice. The students were loud and almost 100 percent interactive through 4 quarters. I drove the 850-900 miles to get there, and even with the loss, it was 100 percent worth it. The win would have been lagniappe. Highly recommend going there in two years.

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaB View Post
    App State's fan base is special. They are the best fanbase I have been around, ever. People were extremely hospitable. Everyone offered food and drinks. Not one fan taunted, but they did have the friendly banter. I walked about a mile through campus to get to my car after the game, and everyone was nice. The students were loud and almost 100 percent interactive through 4 quarters. I drove the 850-900 miles to get there, and even with the loss, it was 100 percent worth it. The win would have been lagniappe. Highly recommend going there in two years.
    Well said, and you couldn't be more right. It's, by far, the best trip in this conference, and one I plan to make as often as possible.

We need to make an effort to return the hospitality next year.

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaB View Post
    I was taunted after the game.by my Daughter

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    I was taunted after the game.by my Daughter
    😂

14. Default Re: FB G13 Final Louisiana 19, App State 30

You glossed over the secret to their success when you placed the solution at the feet of "Lafayette fans."

Population of Watauga county, where Boone is located, is 50000+

Page 51 of 52 FirstFirst . 41 48 49 50 51 52 LastLast

Thread Information