Page 48 of 52 FirstFirst . 38 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 . LastLast

Thread: 2018 FB G13: Louisiana 19, App State 30

Default Re: Championship Thread: Louisiana vs App State

Quote Originally Posted by Penrod View Post
    Good to see paying the Sunbelt some long overdue respect. Credit where credit is due. You know all too well I have long stated how important it is for UL to first win an outright championship in the Sunbelt in football. We let a largely unanticipated but no less golden opportunity slip a way today. Team wise I was disappointed in the penalties today. But thought it was a great effort. App. State had the better team this year, like past years, but we don’t look bad by default. We’re coming! Let’s win in Orlando and on through next year!
    Just being it paid all dividends we needed for 2019 class winning it would have been nice but not a necessity

I thought we played lights out on defense. Those guys really turned it around this year. I give them a lot of credit. Offensively, that is what we are unfortunately. App State is the better team when looking at consistency and all facets. I'm proud of our guys.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Good thing going forward there is no QB on the roster that will start for us next year
    That's a good thing?

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Questionable play calling and didn't use Rogers at tight end. If I remember correctly, only 1 incomplete pass to a tight end. Napier is a good coach, but I hope he hires an OC next year. And please sign a QB.
    The overinsistence of the interior run started paying dividends in the second half as we started to get some production there. Unfortunately, Nunez just missed quite a few reads in the throwing game as there were open receivers, especially in the middle of the field. Oh well. It's done. On to the next one.

5. Default Re: Championship Thread: Louisiana vs App State

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    That's a good thing?
    the differenceKO return early after our FGthe 2 interceptions by themour dropped pick 62 great calls for QB TDs for themour FGs not TDs.5-10 plays did us! Very proud of our guys and their improvement through the year!

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    That's a good thing?
    Yes a very good thing

7. Default Re: Championship Thread: Louisiana vs App State

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    the differenceKO return early after our FGthe 2 interceptions by themour dropped pick 62 great calls for QB TDs for themour FGs not TDs.5-10 plays did us! Very proud of our guys and their improvement through the year!
    Also, who would have thunk their FG kicker would have best his previous longest three times today?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Bad is a relative term. The relative difference between their QB performance and ours was an 11 point win. Relativity counts.
    Yes, he managed his offense and didn't turn over the football. He made two huge plays with his legs, both for scores for his team. Both of those plays were back breakers for the Cajuns. He helped his team win the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Get your lady to make your reservations and meet us in Orlando.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Yes a very good thing
    I’m with you 100%.

Default Re: FB G13 Final Louisiana 19, App State 30

if you need hotels, flights or tickets to Disney contact my daughter. She specializing in Disney. Email her at. jana@majesticmemoriestravel.com

Jana is graduate of UL. I am member of Krewe De Chew

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    Just got back from game. Weather sucked but great experience. By far the best atmosphere in conference. We can learn a lot from their fanbase.

Cajuns effort was there but lack depth and talent at a few key positions. Future is bright!
    If we were 9-2 and hosted this championship Cajun field would have been a mad house.

According to Espn boxscore the attendance was just under 15,000

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    According to Espn boxscore the attendance was just under 15,000
    That’s nuts. I saw 14000 and change. It was cold and raining, but damn. On our worst day we topped that.

Page 48 of 52 FirstFirst . 38 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 . LastLast

Thread Information