Page 47 of 52 FirstFirst . 37 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 . LastLast

Thread: 2018 FB G13: Louisiana 19, App State 30

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    It’s not a deflection.it’s called being a mature adult.Bill acknowledged the stats weren’t good today
    He called people football ignorant using handpicked stats. Then when put in his place, decided that stats didn’t matter. Later on admits that he had a soft spot for Nunez. Newsflash. We all do. We are happy with the two years he gave us. His deficiencies hindered our offense today. Period.

We are all on the same team. Let’s go beat an AAC team in Orlando. Geaux Cajuns!

Default Re: Championship Thread: Louisiana vs App State

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    He called people football ignorant using handpicked stats. Then when put in his place, decided that stats didn’t matter. Later on admits that he had a soft spot for Nunez. Newsflash. We all do. We are happy with the two years he gave us. His deficiencies hindered our offense today. Period.

We are all on the same team. Let’s go beat an AAC team in Orlando. Geaux Cajuns!
    Yep, you got me. Loyalty is one of my weaknesses. Let’s kick ___ at The Cure.

Quote Originally Posted by AirBill View Post
    I like the kid a lot. He went through an awful lot just to get to this position, with limited mobility and a limited arm. I like his attitude. He never gives up, he's tough, and he plays hard through everything. And you're right, if we have a Zac Thomas as qb, this offense would be dangerous. Just really disappointed for Nunez and the team.

That said, this team has come so, so far from last year. It’s just amazing.
    Thomas was 6-13 for 75 yards today and threw a terrible pass that should have been intercepted. Other than one scramble and one keep on the read option, he was bad today.

Quote Originally Posted by AirBill View Post
    Yep, you got me. Loyalty is one of my weaknesses. Let’s kick ___ at The Cure.
    All good. Geaux Cajuns!

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    Thomas was 6-13 for 75 yards today and threw a terrible pass that should have been intercepted. Other than one scramble and one keep on the read option, he was bad today.
    That’s because he’s not a good QB. This whole App St narrative has been a farce.

Both defenses played their hearts out today. Two big breaks went App’s way: the kickoff return, and the pick 6 drop.

So, Who are we playing in Fla?

8. Default Re: Championship Thread: Louisiana vs App State

Bad is a relative term. The relative difference between their QB performance and ours was an 11 point win. Relativity counts.

On another note: Man, I must have heard "Louisiana" like a hundred times today. We have Evolved!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Bad is a relative term. The relative difference between their QB performance and ours was an 11 point win. Relativity counts.
    He was bad. You cannot argue that, although you are trying. Unfortunately, Nunez was worse.

The difference between their defense hanging onto interceptions and ours is an 11 point win

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    I love this team. This season was awesome to watch. We've come lightyears from 2017.

Proud of the effort. Proud to be a Ragin Cajun today.

First class build up to the championship game by the SBC and Benson. Credit where credit is due.

Here we come Orlando. Plan accordingly. And by that I mean, don't run out of beer.
    Good to see paying the Sunbelt some long overdue respect. Credit where credit is due. You know all too well I have long stated how important it is for UL to first win an outright championship in the Sunbelt in football. We let a largely unanticipated but no less golden opportunity slip a way today. Team wise I was disappointed in the penalties today. But thought it was a great effort. App. State had the better team this year, like past years, but we don't look bad by default. We're coming! Let's win in Orlando and on through next year!

Quote Originally Posted by leeman View Post
    On another note: Man, I must have heard "Louisiana" like a hundred times today. We have Evolved!!!!
    Did anyone notice the hashtag ESPN was using? #ULvsApp, not #ULL

Except the AP story still uses Louisiana-Lafayette and ULL.

Quote Originally Posted by leeman View Post
    Well, when you have a proactive AD, a lame duck commissioner who is free to do what is right for conference marketability, and the Monrovians out the picture, the stars can align.

He was bad. You cannot argue that, although you are trying. Unfortunately, Nunez was worse.

The difference between their defense hanging onto interceptions and ours is an 11 point win
    Good thing going forward there is no QB on the roster that will start for us next year

Just got back from game. Weather sucked but great experience. By far the best atmosphere in conference. We can learn a lot from their fanbase.

Cajuns effort was there but lack depth and talent at a few key positions. Future is bright!

Page 47 of 52 FirstFirst . 37 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 . LastLast

Thread Information